New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

ED-209 figure by NECA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:17 am Reply with quote

Mindchamber :
Burnout :
Either way, NECA has always been more affordable than the Hot Toys stuff so I am very excited. And the scale is just right, when I had my Hot Toys Eddie up on display the thing was almost too massive.

how big is the Hottoys one?

About 15" I think. I have one, its about the size of a gallon o' milk. Haha.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:27 am Reply with quote

haha thats pretty huge, good for stopmotion though! you should re-enact a scene!

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:30 am Reply with quote

Even if I had the patience and the skill for stop-motion it wouldn't work well with mine. Now the one Hot Toys is about to release would probably be great for it, with the fully articulated legs and feet. I'm thinking about either selling it or using it as a door stop. It isn't nearly as impressive as it was when I bought it. But at least the rubber dome is holding up well compared to others I've seen. Just one small split that you have to look closely to see.

RB 1391

robodisciple
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:51 am Reply with quote

Yes!! I cant wait hopfully the ED-209 will be just as affordable as the other versions of Robocop that Neca has released. Very Happy

RB 115

game-xbox
RoboCool7
R-L3

R-L3

Comment: Good 2B Back here after quite some years!

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:08 pm Reply with quote

This is pretty exciting news !! Smile Is it safe to assume it will have audio-samples like the Robocop figure... they all do don't they?
Any word on the estimated price?

RB 182

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:12 pm Reply with quote

RoboCool7 :
This is pretty exciting news !! Smile Is it safe to assume it will have audio-samples like the Robocop figure... they all do don't they?
Any word on the estimated price?

Someone from NECA supposedly tweeted that it would be around $50. I haven't heard if it will have sound clips but I hope it does!

RB 1391

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:22 pm Reply with quote

Here is some video footage of the ED.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0MPot6u9mM

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Saasouza
L-L1

L-L1

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:44 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Here is some video footage of the ED.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0MPot6u9mM

WOW, that looks almost like the miniature Phil Tippet used for the stop motion sequences. I'm definetly grabbing one of these

RB 943

ED-209-2013 remake-gun baby-food
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:48 pm Reply with quote

^^very awesome!^^
I'm anxious to find out if the legs are as poseable as the new HT one. It's hard to tell in pics and vids. I kinda doubt it because if it were, I'm sure NECA would be showing that aspect off quite a bit. But seeing as they have him displayed 'at rest' with the leg locks closed...I'm not getting my hopes up.

RB 1391

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:03 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunately, as usual with NECA Robo toys the actual sold item will probably look much worse, with sloppy paint job and parts that doesn't fit correctly.

oh dear

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:59 pm Reply with quote

Yeah but they always have a very fair price point...

Man that ED kicks ass Archive!

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Saasouza
L-L1

L-L1

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:08 am Reply with quote

Archive :
Unfortunately, as usual with NECA Robo toys the actual sold item will probably look much worse, with sloppy paint job and parts that doesn't fit correctly.

oh dear

Quote:
Yeah but they always have a very fair price point...

Man that ED kicks ass Archive!

Yeah, i mean., i'm far from being an expert in this matter but i'm pleased with my Neca spring holster. The body is very well sculpted, and even the face looks pretty much like Peter Weller yet the price was really good. If they can match that kind of quality for the same affordable price i'll grab one, but yes, i think it's safe to assume the sell out version won't match the quality of the "prototype" version. Let's see

RB 943

ED-209-2013 remake-gun baby-food
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:39 am Reply with quote

Archive :

This is the one thing stopping me from getting the battle damaged Robo, that damned silver collar.

It's a shame. My 18 inch Robo is a thing of beauty and my other NECA figures have good paint jobs. Maybe they just don't like Robo.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:55 pm Reply with quote

Josh :
Archive :

This is the one thing stopping me from getting the battle damaged Robo, that damned silver collar.

It's a shame. My 18 inch Robo is a thing of beauty and my other NECA figures have good paint jobs. Maybe they just don't like Robo.

I felt the same way Josh until I bought one a couple weeks ago. I love it. It's a real toss up between it and the holster version for me. The reason I'm partial to the BD version is the sculpt is different. Only a Robo-nut could tell. I didn't notice it in any of the pics or video reviews of it but in hand I can. I know it seems trivial but the best thing about it is that the arms bend more on the BD. I think you'll like it.

RB 1391

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard