New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RIP LucasArts

Were you a fan of LucasArts' works?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Some of it
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 15

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:09 pm Reply with quote

We probably all know by now that Disney bought LucasFilm some time ago...
Well, the deal already took it's first major victim, as Disney shuts down LucasArts.

http://kotaku.com/disney-shuts-down-lucasarts-468473749

It's tough seeing the studio that put out some of the greatest games I've ver played bite the dust. 1313 looked really promising too...
And "Disney Interactive" haven't put out a good game in what... 5-6 years? I'm not exactly a person who'd put his faith into them...

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:01 pm Reply with quote

Mixed emotions, but the sad truth is that the Lucasarts i loved years ago is long gone. Apart from the Monkey Island remakes I haven't played anything from them for a long, long time.

As for Star Wars 1313, I'm pretty sure it will continue to be developed. By some other company or something.

CREDITS 396

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote

That sucks, especially said it was stated Disney would not shot down/eliminate any major divisions or parts of Lucasfilm. Bah, well, like Archive said, most of what LucasArts stuff I liked was some time back now so I don't take it that hard. But they did make some kickass stuff, and it's sad to hear that name won't be around (I'm sure the people will still be around in one form or another though)

I do hate that Disney did just get rid of them on more-or-less a whim when they said they wouldn't so to hell with them. I ain't been no big fan of Disney anyway, not since I was real little soo.. at least about the last 20 years or so.. :roll:

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote

Many will remember the famous adventure games, but I'd like to mention... Dark Forces!!! What a great game from my childhood.

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:52 pm Reply with quote

I think the only thing I have like of recent, is the Clone Wars stuff, that hasn't been all too bad!

CREDITS 1158

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:59 am Reply with quote

I remember the good times.

X-Wing along with the B-Wing Expansion.

Full Throttle was awesome.

Dark Forces blew my 8 year old self away.

Jedi Knight was excellent and Jedi Outcast was solid.

Where will the next Star Wars games come from?

Here's to hoping for a new Rogue Squadron.

Also a shoutout to Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction.

CREDITS 23

toaster baby-food game-xbox
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:49 am Reply with quote

The LucasArts Super Star Wars games for the SNES are legendary. I played through them recently and they still hold up even 20 years later. Brilliant sound, graphics and gameplay. It is sad to see them go.

CREDITS 35

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:35 am Reply with quote

Didn't mention this before but since it's been brought up now I gotta say I do remember scant bits of Super Star Wars when I was younger - I hit them up again a few years back on emulators, cool games and fun but damn tough in some spots for sure.

I also bought a whole set of the Jedi Knight stuff on Steam a couple years back (after my last post here) and have gone through them all here and there - Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy - All awesome and solid games, indeed.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:41 am Reply with quote

The "Super Star Wars" games are indeed quite good, even if a bit unforgiving at times.
And the Jedi Knight series is also terrific. I can't even begin to describe how much time I spent playing "Dark Forces II" and "Jedi Outcast".

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Computer and Videogames All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard