New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Input needed: Flash Game

Maxlee
C-L1

C-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:36 pm Reply with quote

Hello everyone, Maxlee here once again.

I've run into a bit of a pickle!

As you may or may not know, I have a small history in making Flash games. One of these games is still on my website, RoboCop The Labs.

*image delete*

This game started out as a desire to actually play as ED-209, to have ED-209 the main character of a game. Afterwards I added the two failed prototypes to the mix.

Still not really satisfied, behind the scenes I made "sprites" of RoboCop, RoboCain and RoboCable.

Lo and behold, I now got 6 cyborgs to start wrecking havoc.

*image delete*

However, not really happy with RoboCop The Labs, I pondered day and night on how to put these characters to work in another type of game.

I thought about having them simply face eachother in combat, as a Double Dragon kind of game.

*image delete*

However, I fear with 4 characters moving about and continually shooting without end, would make a very hectic and chaotic game.

I thought about some sort of Smash Brothers game, where you move around on a 2D stage, weaken eachother while shooting, and then punch your enemy into oblivion.

*image delete*

The same problem as with RoboCop The Labs showed up: these are clunky heavy cyborgs, and having them jump all over the place, doesn't really suit them.

And therein lies the big problem, all that these guys are good for are walking and shooting.

I need to come up with some type of game, where all you need to do is walk and shoot, yet is clever and fun.

And that's why I post this here, maybe someone of you has any ideas?

Thanks for reading!

RB 1560

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:59 pm Reply with quote

Well, well, a name from the past, and came back around just after my absence, Bah! Nice to see ya, Maxlee, been a while. Smile

Anyway, call me warped by mindless video game violence, but maybe you should change the background/environment and make these things into more of a all-out rampage-like game where they break out of OCP and go on all-out destruction in the city. Blow away people and cars, shit like that, kind like Archive's old 'hoax game' idea -

Archive, back in '07 :
GAME #2
I had a lot of fun creating this one, and personally i think this game would be absolutely FANTASTIC to play. Imagine a 4-player carnage with buildings and vehicles blowing up all over. The screenshot is made up of various board shop items and RoboCop:Arcade sprites. The background from a recent "Rampage" game.

I think it would be awesome. You could still keep lifts in some spots to go to upper levels or roofs if you want but it can just be more a mindless side-scroll blow-everything-away game, ala Contra 3 and the like. As it goes, more armed police and military will try to destroy you and stuff like that so there could be a bit of challenge there. It's not very clever but I do think it would be fun. All of those units went on 'rampages' at some point so it would even fit story-wise, if you cared about that kinda thing. tongue

The labs game is fairly fun and destructive as it is so this would just be kind of a step more in that direction. Just a thought. Wink

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Maxlee
C-L1

C-L1

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:04 pm Reply with quote

I'm pondering whether or not to add Otomo and perhaps Bone Machine to my Band of Extraordinary Cyborg Gentlemen...

The more d00ds the better, but yeah Otomo is a bit off the wall as a robot ninja with a katana and Bone Machine ... I have to say I never saw him in action, as when I had the only chance to view Prime Directives on telly, the network f00cked up the order of the episodes and ditched the one with Bone Machine in it.

I have to say I think Bone Machine looks kinda ... interesting ... somewhat seems to fit right in ... but I assume he's very goofy? Apparently his catchphrase is "you're boned baby!" so that doesn't forbode well...

So yeah what to do what to do :- P

RB 1560

Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote

Yah, most definitely do not include those two! If Bone Machine was never mentioned again, it wouldn't come soon enough!!

RB 2649

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:51 pm Reply with quote

I think they would both make decent bosses. I wouldn't mind tearing them to shreds again and again, just as long as I don't have to play as them.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Fan creations All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard