New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Your latest gaming endevours.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 77, 78, 79  Next

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:44 am Reply with quote

RoboDemise :
Also check out Wrath of the black manta if you haven't already.

I've played that on an emulator back in the day. Ninjas? Drug pushers? Kidnapped children? It just sounded too cool! Loved the interrogating aspect.
Funny thing, the NES version was actually quite heavily altered from the Japanese one, which had a more comedic tone and I think you ended up fighting aliens in the end.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:58 am Reply with quote

I've been playing a lot of Deus Ex Mankind Devided. So far I'm having a decent enough time.

The game is supposed to emphasize various dialogue choices and options, but for the most part I don't notice different outcomes if i reload a segment and pick a different choice. Plus anytime the game has me choose between passive or aggressive, I choose the most violent path every time. The stealth segments really suck. The game is way more enjoyable for me to just blow everyone away(sort of reminds me of Hitman Blood Money in that aspect).

CREDITS 112

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:56 pm Reply with quote

Spent the first half of my summer exactly the way I wanted - playing "Xenoblade Chronicles X" on the Wii U. Never was big into RPGs, but ever since they announced it (I watched a live stream of that E3) I'd been anticipating it. So I got it a few days after launch, in December 2015, but didn't open it until I was done with university.

The game was massive, relatively easy to pick up and learn. Exploration was phenomenal, the locales were beautiful, the music - terrific (with a large amount of vocal tracks) and combat was amazingly intense, both in and out of the mechs.
Spent about 83 hours into it before I finished the main story (though I also did my fair share of side missions) but am looking forward to eventually carrying on to the post-story missions.

I also replayed Megaman 1-6, this time as part of the Legacy Collection on 3DS and they still hold up. Also played the terrific 3D convertions of Streets of Rage 1,2 and Out-Run. They did a top-notch job on these.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Meriandressial
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

schitsophrenk

Comment: Victory Goes To The Bold And The Wise

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:50 pm Reply with quote

Cocoppaplay, a lot.

Now I have a new pc, DnDo is much better. But sadly I cant quest hard till I get a graphics card.

Once I get a graphics card I can look into getting some bought games I want. If the pc is the best or only option.

Id much rather play Wasteland 2 on PS4, once I get one.

I had to get a new controller for the ps3. Sad it started dying.

Dragons Dogma should play better now. they all should.

I may get a pc controller. keyboard and mouse dont always work as well.

I have a list of games to get, other things took priority.

CREDITS 499

RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:42 pm Reply with quote

Started the newly released "Metroid Prime: Federation Force" on the 3DS yesterday. Now, I really love me some Metroid. I even loved "Metroid: Other M", which is quite controversial among fans to this day. And Federation Force is no different. Being the first Metroid title in six years (the previous one being the aforementioned Other M), fans were quite upset when it turned out it's a chibi-styled multiplayer-based spin-off. I didn't jump on the hate bandwagon, but I was genuinely disappointed. Then they released the sports mini-game - "Blast Ball" for free and I tried it and I thought it was an unbalanced mess.

So eventually, my local video game store got one copy of the game and since I had a voucher for their store, I decided to cash it in and get the game. And frankly, I'm kinda glad I did.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't the Metroid I was looking for. In fact, it barely classifies as Metroid. It's mission-based, it's not an entire world to explore and you don't play as Samus Aran. But what's in here is actually quite fun. The controls take time to get used to, but the minimal exploration is enjoyable, the puzzles range from very simple to tricky and the combat is exciting and heart-pounding (at least when Space Pirates are involved). 7 missions in and I've already visited all 3 planets, fought numerous interesting bosses and have had mostly a blast. It's not Metroid, but it's fun.

That's not to say it doesn't have problems. Like I said, both control schemes really take a mission or two to get used to and I'm annoyed at the Mission Result scoring system. The fact that the secondary objectives aren't displayed before a mission starts, not to mention the time completion goal is just plain dumb. It's only available once you beat a mission. And you don't have a timer either, so good luck trying to max out your points and also make sure you get a decent score.

I'm yet to try out the Multiplayer, since I'm not really an online multiplayer person, but the game is kind enough to offer some modifications so you can play it solo as well.

Overall, so far, I'm enjoying it, but I still want a real Metroid.

CREDITS 2697

RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:13 am Reply with quote

OK folks, bear with me, I am an old school gaming fan and I have a cool collection of games dating back to the mid 80s that I draw from. Has anyone ever played any of the PlayStation 2 Mobile Suit Gundam games? I have about 4 of them, but my favorite is Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Front. Its a strategy game to control teams of mobile suits through missions. Its not very action-adventure, but it has the animated series cut scenes, and story arcs (I love the original Gundam series). I really loved playing that game (according to my memory card, I hadn't played it since 2012).
I also pulled out X-Men Legends. I loved LOVED LOVED that series of games. My brothers and cousin played the hell out of those games and they still hold up today. Do yourself a favor, take an afternoon and tear some shit up with your own X-Men team and you won't regret it!
JOF

CREDITS 35

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:59 pm Reply with quote

RoboJOF :
OK folks, bear with me, I am an old school gaming fan and I have a cool collection of games dating back to the mid 80s that I draw from. Has anyone ever played any of the PlayStation 2 Mobile Suit Gundam games?

I remember those.. Well somewhat - Been quite a while now. Played them with my bud since he had the PS/PS2. Like you said, not quite as actiony as could have been but I recall them still being pretty good.

Otherwise, as a form of distraction from my worthless shit existence, been burning through Mass Effect Trilogy again. I had played 'em plenty before but still fun to go back through it all again. That and I seem still be getting new achievements and the Microsoft dick points that come with them.

Hey! Just thought.. If I load up a fresh male character, might wanna try going for a Weller face.. Happy robo Eh.. won't be right without the voice, even if there is a helmet that gives him the Robo look. Oh well, was a nice thought.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:17 am Reply with quote

I mentioned in the good things topic a few months ago that I recently got a Sega Genesis. Now that I have had it for a while and built up a little collection, here is a list of all the games I have for it:

1) Sonic the Hedgehog
2) Sonic the Hedgehog 2
3) Sonic the Hedgehog 3
4) Sonic & Knuckles
5) Sonic Spinball
6) Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
7) Robocop vs. Terminator
8) Kid Chameleon
9) Spider-Man
10) Super Street Fighter II
11) Ms. Pac-Man
12) Star Trek: The Next Generation
13) NBA Jam (Tournament Edition)
14) Vectorman
15) Ecco II: Tides of Time
16) Shaq-Fu
17) Super Smash TV
18) Dynamite Headdy

As someone who hadn't owned or played many video games for years (aside from a few months of heavy Animal Crossing abuse) it has been a lot of fun to sit around playing games all day. A lot of those are ones I had as a kid or always wanted. Next, I'll be getting Gunstar Heroes and Rocket Knight Adventures. Any other Genesis recommendations are welcomed. There is another Robocop games, Robocop 3, but it is pretty awful and not the cheapest game so I will not be picking it up any time soon.

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:02 pm Reply with quote

All that but no Streets of Rage or Golden Axe? For shame sir!

Other than that, Lion King is a good one.. if your idea of enjoyable gaming includes a lot of ripping your hair out. :roll:

But onto real suggestions - I think the Alien 3 game wasn't half-bad.

Pretty sure the Strike series was on Genesis.. if it's at all like the ones on SNES, those are fun if not challenging. Never seem to be any truly decent attack heli games out there..

Last but not least, Phantasy Star II and IV are absolute must haves if you're even remotely into RPGs. They are top-level games for that time and genre, and still hold up today. I didn't include III because it's a bit tangential and more than that just ain't nearly as fun to play - mechanics-wise it's quite annoying at best. But if you want to get the set, your call.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:06 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions, Stan! A few of those have caught my eye already, Phantasy Star IV being the main one. It is also one of the more expensive Genesis games, which has held me back. I have never been into RPG's before, aside from like Paper Mario, but for the last year or so I have really wanted to dig into a classic Japanese RPG. There is a reproduction cart that has Phantasy Star II, III, and IV, which is probably what I will go with when I'm ready.

Alien 3 is another one that I am interested in, the ratings I have seen have been a bit unfavorable but I will definitely get it at some point down the road when I am getting bored of the usual fare. As far as games like Streets of Rage and Desert Strike, I have played a good deal of those games in the past and am currently looking for things I missed during my youth. It is safe to say I will pick them up at some point, though, as I am enjoying collecting Genesis games as much as playing them!

CREDITS 191

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:44 pm Reply with quote

Ah, gotcha on your last. Like I said I remember Alien3 not being too bad. But its been a bit though.

PSII was groundbreaking for its release but PSIV follows in its footsteps well. Both are well worth buying, I assure you. If you have to pick, I'd go for IV since it's a good bit more accessible all-around, but especially in gameplay and mechanics; II is a decent bit harder and not quite as intuitive. Both are fantastic in terms of look, story, music, et al.

As for PSIII.. ehh I already said my piece not much more to say without being rude. tongue

As for others, Virtual Bart is okay.. though maybe not a must-have unless you're a Simpsons fan.

Don't know about the Batman or Ninja Turtles games, heard some good things but I think a lot of it's nostalgia. I suppose Mr. 93 would be the one to ask for those.
Jurassic Park wasn't all that good IIRC. T2 Arcade was fairly a'ight.

CREDITS 2304

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:45 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Batman or Ninja Turtles game.

The best known Batman game for Genesis, Batman Forever, sucks ass. While it has an interesting visual style, with digitalized sprites similar to Mortal Kombat and a wonky color palette, but gameplay is pathetic. It takes time to name all the thugs you fight, like Mike and Carl, but forgot to make Batman powerful or fun to control. There is a Batman game based off the Animated series that looks much better, but it not too highly regarded either, seems just middle of the road. The Turtles game, on the other hand, has a great reputation, it is a remix of the arcade game with a few new levels and stuff like that.

CREDITS 191

RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:40 pm Reply with quote

In terms of "RoboCop 3" - if you ever decide to get it, the Genesis version is in quite a few ways superior to the SNES port, even if the overall graphics are muddier.

In terms of Batman games - Sunsoft's game based on the 1989 flick is not bad at all, if a bit short and easy. Nowhere near as good as the NES game though.
Batman Returns is somewhat clunky, but with some nice ideas overall. I have a soft spot for it, as it was one of my first Genesis games.
Avoid "Revenge of the Joker" like the f'n plague. A horrible port of the great NES title "Return of the Joker".

"The Adventures of Batman & Robin" is visually a STUNNING game. It pulls off incredible 3D effects and it's a very intense, Contra-like game. Great, giant bosses and challenging gameplay. The music is techno stuff by Jesper Kyd. Not the greatest interpretation of the cartoon, mind you, but a terrific game on its own and also has 2 players. Keep in mind it's quite hard though.

TMNT have two games - "Hyperstone Heist" is highly recommended - it features levels from the two arcade games mashed together, along with some new ones. The levels are only 5, one of them being a color-swapped boss rush, but the others are lengthy and very fun. Graphics and controls are great. If you can get it - go ahead!

"TMNT Tournament Fighters" is a mixed bag. It has nice character selection and fun moves, but is quite unbalanced and can be frustrating. Also, keep in mind that all versions of Tournament Fighters are completely different games.

As for "Alien 3" - as far as I know, the Genesis version is just an updated version of the NES game, so it's probably not that great. And while the graphics might be better, the NES music is vastly superior.

Other recommendations for games I can give:
- Crude Buster / Two Crude Dudes - very nice Genesis port of the Data East beat 'em up.

- Ecco the Dolphin 1 and 2 - Can't stress this enough. They are difficult, but rather unique in terms of style, gameplay and storytelling.

- Phantom 2040 - highly recommended and vastly underrated! Chapter-based Metroid-vania, great graphics and at least 6 different endings depending on the choices you make. Can't stress enough how underrated it is!

- Pirates of Dark Water - not the same as the SNES version. A more-than-decent action platformer that actually brings the story of the cartoon to a close.

- Comix Zone - somewhat difficult and unfair, but still quite unique and great overall.

- Spider-Man & Venom "Maximum Carnage" and "Separation Anxiety" - the SNES versions are better, but both are fun beat 'em ups. The first one is superior in terms of enemy variety and storytelling, but the second one is still a fun option.

- Chakan: The Forever Man - a punishingly difficult game (especially in the later parts), but I really love it. In fact, it's so difficult, the developers never bothered to include a finished "good" ending.

- Ristar - if you like Sonic, you'll probably enjoy this too. Very nice platforming and gorgeous graphics.

- X-Men 1 and 2 are nice. The first one is super tough, second one is more straightforward and easier to pick up.

- The Immortal - released on a bunch of platforms. A very nice, if somewhat tough game.

- Pretty much all of the Disney games minus "Fantasia" are good. The two "Illusion" games are must-plays I'd say. "Gargoyles" is fun to play and has really nice graphics too.

- "The Lost World: Jurassic Park" is a late Genesis title I highly recommend. Overhead mission-based shooter with unique 3D boss levels. Has 2-player co-op and hidden deathmatch arena mode.

- "Contra: Hard Corps" is pricey, but overall terrific.

- "Revenge of Shinobi", "Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master" and "Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi" bring great ninja action to the system.

- "The Lost Vikings" is a great puzzle-platforming game, fun for both one or two players.

I can certainly give you some more recommendations if you'd like tongue

CREDITS 2697

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:56 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the recommendations! A few of those have certainly tempted me before, such as Contra: Hard Corps. There is a reproduction cart that is based on the Japanese version, which has hit points and the option to have up to 10 continues. I think even with 10 continues it still be more than enough challenge for me! Hyperstone Heist is another one I would get a repro cart of just because the original game is a little pricey.

Now, the Spider-Man games are an interesting one to me. I originally wanted to get both you mentioned right away, but went for the self-titled "Spider-Man" game. I remember thinking it was cool as a kid and it has a reputation of being the best Spidey game on Genesis, but after playing it a few times I think it sucks. Visually, it is perfect, but the gameplay does not feel like Spider-Man to me. First of all, they give you a criminally low amount of web fluid. The web-slinging is fun and accurate, but they don't give you nearly enough to actually swing around. You can play on practice, which has unlimited web fluid, so your options are either too little or infinite. And even on practice with infinite webbing, frustrating enemy placement and other balancing issues make it mediocre at best, to me. I am probably going to get Speration Anxiety over Maximum Carnage just because it has co-cop and that is when I think beat-em-ups are best, when you have a friend there to talk trash with. But after that other Spidey experience, they are not too high on my list.

Phantom 2040 is probably my favorite suggestion, as it is one I have never heard of but it looks awesome! I will certainly be keeping my eyes out for this one. Some you mentioned I either owned or have played a lot in the past, like Ecco, X-Men and Shinobi. That Jurassic Park game is another one that I am very interested in. The more well know Jurassic Park game just seems kinda meh, just the visual style and concept of this one is much more appealing. I have actually come across it when buying games a few times but didn't realize it was a different game!

Thanks for the suggestions, a couple stood out and will be on my radar next time I want to order some games, and I know they are coming from a very credible source! Though, just for future reference, I have never played SNES so I don't care how it stacks up next to the Genesis version, as long as the Genesis version is good! Now, what I would love would be suggestions for some easier games, or stuff that can be played in bite sized chunks. I work a lot and don't always wanna dedicate my entire night to playing a game. It seems like most of the games I have are known for their 'punishing difficulty' and require a serious investment of time to beat. I am really looking for something I can play for a half-hour and feel satisfied. Also, any oddities like Shaq-Fu are welcomed. Another one I want to get is Pac-Man 2, which is some kind of terrible point and click game. I am really looking for fun over challenge. To quote one of the world's most popular musicians, "I'm here for a good time, not a long time"

CREDITS 191

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Computer and Videogames All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 77, 78, 79  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard