New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop 2 movie's arcade scenes...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

ant
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Comment: I am RoboAnt!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:45 am Reply with quote

Hello!

In RoboCop 2 movie during its arcade scenes, did it ever show RoboCop game since it is from DataEast company? I didn't see any, but then I am watching SD (not HD)? I saw Bad Dudes, Real Ghostbusters (a flight control?!!), etc. though.

Thank you in advance. Smile

RB 2616

cake
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:17 am Reply with quote

I haven't seen it, but I suppose it'd be cool if there's actually one in there. I did notice a "Midnight Resistance".

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:58 am Reply with quote

I believe i saw N.A.R.C. game in there.

I've looked for the RoboCop game in that movie for 20 years. Sadly, it's not in there.

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
ant
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Comment: I am RoboAnt!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:35 pm Reply with quote

Sean_001 :
I believe i saw N.A.R.C. game in there.

I've looked for the RoboCop game in that movie for 20 years. Sadly, it's not in there.
Sad I wonder why it wasn't even included since this is the second movie.

RB 2616

cake
Slash Man
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Stay out of trouble.

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:37 am Reply with quote

As a classic arcade connoisseur, it hurt seeing Duffy get his face smashed into that Bad Dudes machine. Also, while Data East was adequately represented, I'm sure the reason we didn't see a RoboCop machine was for 4th wall reasons. Though similarly, a deleted scene in Batman Returns had a Batman arcade cabinet. Which was funny because the machine had Bruce Wayne clearly pictured.

Anyways, I think I'll take a look back at that scene and try to identify all the games in the arcade.

RB 730

hamburger
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:36 am Reply with quote

I don't think it would be that much of a problem to have included the Robocop game, as he would certainly be a popular subject for a video game if he existed today, and even more so in the future I would imagine. Then again arcades don't have as much of a place in the future as Robocop 2 implied so who knows...

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:39 am Reply with quote

Funny thing is Duffy gets his head slammed into the screen of the "Bad Dudes" cabinet but the screen actually shows the game "Sly Spy". Also, in the background we see a "Sly Spy" arcade cabinet, but the game running is "Midnight Resistance."

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:46 pm Reply with quote

I too think a a Robo arcade game cameo might have been nice. I agree like (EDIT) whats his face that keeping it out of the film's world and not having that breach in the 4th wall is a valid point, but even so it still would have been a nice little addition (And no, I didn't recall seeing it in my recent re-watch - though I did notice the nitpick with the cabinets being of one game and playing a different game on-screen as Archive noted).

RoboPimp said it - You could always explain it as OCP cashing-in on and exploiting the popularity of Robo's existence with toys, games, and so forth, akin to the (albeit more blatant) showing of the Robo and ED figures near the beginning of R3 (Granted that was exhibiting real figures, but still works in the film's world too). Hey, just because he's actually 'real' in the film's world certainly doesn't mean OCP can't go all MGM and merchandise the fuck out of him while they're at it too. Wink

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:53 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :

RoboPimp said it - You could always explain it as OCP cashing-in on and exploiting the popularity of Robo's existence with toys, games, and so forth, akin to the (albeit more blatant) showing of the Robo and ED figures near the beginning of R3 (Granted that was exhibiting real figures, but still works in the film's world too). Hey, just because he's actually 'real' in the film's world certainly doesn't mean OCP can't go all MGM and merchandise the fuck out of him while they're at it too. Wink

That's exactly what I was thinking.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:43 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
I too think a a Robo arcade game cameo might have been nice. I agree like Chanood that keeping it out of the film's world and not having that breach in the 4th wall is a valid point

Thanks, but I didnīt write that! tongue It was Slash.

Anyway, I agree with you, it wouldnīt be "that weird". According to the first film, RoboCop is "a product", so it wouldnīt be strange to see OCP doing merchandising of him. Iīd like to see something like that on a movie or comic; OCP milking the brand and getting cheap toys, tshirts and videogames out of him. Itīd play nice as a satire on the whole franchise.

And remember, on Robo3 Nikko has a RoboCop toy and a Ed-209 model kit in her room.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Slash Man
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Stay out of trouble.

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:53 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, I forgot about the RoboCop merchandise present in RoboCop 3. I guess the arcade game wouldn't show much more than that public wouldn't already know. The fact that it took a few liberties would perhaps work in its favor. The issue with Batman comparison is that it showed Bruce Wayne. Laughing

RB 730

hamburger
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:27 pm Reply with quote

Slash Man :
The issue with Batman comparison is that it showed Bruce Wayne. Laughing

I remember some pics of a "Batman shop" from the "Returns" set, with toys and more stuff. I think in Batmanīs case it would be difficult to believe it, as he works in the shadows. But for RoboCop, a cyborg who appears on TV and labeled as a product, I think itīd work fine.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:13 am Reply with quote

^ Indeed.

That said, my apologies to Slash - I've gotten to where I see Chanood's goddamned looped screaming Fletcher face on almost every post on this board.. and off of this board.. shit I think it even enters my dreams now. I sure as shit don't remember what the hell he had before it. It has warped my damn mind to see Fletcher that much. Basically, this isn't my fault. tongue

As for the topic, again, I didn't spot any Robo game. But there were a shitload of Data East games.. In fact I think what could be discerned was all Data East IIRC.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
I've gotten to where I see Chanood's goddamned looped screaming Fletcher face on almost every post on this board.. and off of this board..

Donīt worry, Iīm thinking on getting another looped avatar. This time for the RebootCop. I hope youīll enjoy it as well tongue

RB 10830

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard