New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Video Help

jeepjockey
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:13 pm Reply with quote

Hi i'm looking for a video that shows Robocop/Murphy going to a grave as Robocop and walking away as Murphy, If anyone could help i would appreciate it.

Many thanks
Adam

RB 35

POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:34 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, aren't we all.
Unfortunately I don't think it exists outside of, maybe, MGM archives. There are only pictures from a cut scene from R2. There's a scene like that in Prime Directives that may leave a bad taste in your mouth.
Edit** Your premise sounds pretty cool now that I've re-read it. Walking away as Murphy...that's some pretty deep shit.

RB 1391

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
jeepjockey
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:38 pm Reply with quote

Hi POCOBOR,

Im very sure it was fan made. I could be mistaken though. I havent seen all of Prime Directives as to be honest didnt like it that much.

RB 35

RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:01 pm Reply with quote

I remember Robocop 2 had that scene, but it looked so bad they ditched it.

*Edit*

Quick google search and guess who popped up first...non other than the one...the only...RoboCop Archive!
http://www.robocoparchive.com/misc/cut2.htm

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:18 pm Reply with quote

I know what your talking about! Or at least I think I do. Took a minute to think about it - This is some fairly old shit if I'm right about what you're looking for jeepjockey.

I believe what he means is the clip where the first half was of Robo visiting his grave in PD, with the last part cut with Peter Weller walking away from a grave (taken from Odyssey 5 IIRC), cut with the R1 'Betrayal' track. It was a pretty good clip and worked well, I thought. And yes, it was fan-made - I'm pretty sure someone here on the Archive made it, though I don't recall who at present.

That said, the clip was pre-YouTube, I myself don't have it now (I might have it on one of my many data CDs, not sure) Anyway, it may be posted on YT somewhere, or Archive may have it or something - if not, well, you may be out of luck.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:29 pm Reply with quote

I thought that was a dream sequence in RoboCop 2, then Irvin saw the footage and it looked really shitty so he cut it from the movie.

I think there even was a shower scene, Robo is walking down the hall and I guess they have open showers but he's just standing there looking at some naked chicks taking a shower.

You see this is the stuff I wish R2 focused a little more on, this is so fascinating to me, the inner struggle of what he's become.

I am...a machine Crying or Very sad

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:42 pm Reply with quote

The graveyard scenes I think were all Robo, and no Murphy (he might have had the helmet off in some shots). The prop headstones in the scene looked way too fake, which is the main reason why they were deleted (probably would have needed to delete it to cut down run time also, like most all the other stuff that was taken out). I agree with ya Justin - I too would have liked seeing more of that kind of stuff.

The shower scene we've seen on the workprint footage. The grave scene remains unseen however, it wasn't on the workprint and never released anywhere in any form as far as I know. It was shot of course, but I think more people have seen a 200-ft shark than it. Confused

Anyway, again, I think I got what the original poster was asking for, and again, it wasn't official nor anything from R1 or R2.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:30 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :

I believe what he means is the clip where the first half was of Robo visiting his grave in PD, with the last part cut with Peter Weller walking away from a grave (taken from Odyssey 5 IIRC), cut with the R1 'Betrayal' track. It was a pretty good clip and worked well, I thought. And yes, it was fan-made - I'm pretty sure someone here on the Archive made it, though I don't recall who at present.

Wasn´t it made by Archive? I remember that video as well. A pretty short one, but good. And I don´t know if I have it somewhere too. I´ll have to search for it.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:15 am Reply with quote

Actually I think he's referring to a scene in the Marvel comic series that plays out exactly as described.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:20 pm Reply with quote

Yup i made that video a long time ago. I uploaded it here temporarily so you can have a look. I'll delete it later on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfWdZLbZEjA

The quality is, as it was back then, pretty crappy. But this was pre Youtube and highspeed connections and I had to compress videos a lot to fit on the website.

It's an interesting but odd video. I remember watching that grave scene from the tv show Oddysey5 and thinking it would be cool to combine it with Robo visiting his grave in Robo:PD. It works somewhat, but the whole "bye baby" is a bit weird.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:10 pm Reply with quote

I thought for sure there was footage from the R2 gave scene, I could be confusing it though.

RB 106381

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:10 am Reply with quote

Archive :
Yup i made that video a long time ago.

Ah, one of yours? Cool, J-man. I also remember your 'RoboCop Speaks His Opinion' video that had Series clips cut with audio from Weller in Odyssey 5, it was hilarious. I remember you had to edit the mouth movements from Eden to match up better and did fairly well.

Wow, going over these videos - they're cool little bits of history... it's kinda strong-feeling for me, thinking about those days.

RB 52679

RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:27 pm Reply with quote

I’m trying to find the episode from the “Arsenio Hall Show” in the 90’s when Peter Weller and Nancy Allen were his guests. They were talking about Robocop 2 which was coming to theaters and the clip they showed was when Murphy was acting weird due to the crazy commands and he shoots the guy smoking a cigarette.

RB 1156

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Picture and Video Topics All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard