New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

The BEST moments in RoboCop 1-3 Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Duke Serkol
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:21 pm Reply with quote

It is not at all easy to pick a favorite scene from the first movie. There's plenty of great ones, but none that immediately stands out and has you go "That, without a doubt, is the greatest highlight of the movie".

I thought about it for a while and I'll have to go with Robocop's first night out. We've waited a good chunk of the movie to see him and after the masterful unveiling at the police station, it really does payoff seeing what he is capable of. The scene shows it all: bulletproof armoring, absolute precision shooting, superhuman strenght and even thermal vision.

As for Robocop 2, it too has many great scenes, but it's an easy pick: the fight with Robocain, which to this day I consider the best showdown between two robots/cyborgs ever shot on film.

Robocop 3, is also an easy choice for me, this time because most of the movie sucks, leaving only so many options... and I'd say the part of the movie I enjoy the most is the car chase between Robocop and MacDagget, right after Robo's found him hiding in the hotel. It's certainly not without its flaws, but it's the closest this movie gets to a well made action scene.

RB 454

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:22 pm Reply with quote

After all these years, I just remembered that Robo does have thermal vision. I completely forgot seeing how it's only used once in that one particular scene in the mayor's office. Must have just glazed over it for years.

Strange it was never used again. Could've had some interesting applications.

RB 249

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
Duke Serkol
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:56 am Reply with quote

It was used in the TV series, the episode Prime Suspect which adapts the comic by the same title where Robocop gets accused of murder (and it's also used in the comic, of course).

RB 454

Deus Ex Robo

C-L1

Comment: Is my new life a reward for the one I led?

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:14 am Reply with quote

Haven't seen anything outside of the actual movies. Always saw Prime Directives at the local Blockbuster but always remembered catching a bit of it, with BoneMachine(?) I believe, and being amazed even at a younger age with how horrible it was.

I suppose one of these days I'll have to rent them. Sigh.....

On topic, one thing that always gets me in the first film, was the entire individuality and character put into Clarence and his Gang. I always find myself smiling and cracking up at any of the scenes they're in. Each aspect of their persona from the actor playing them, to the wardrobe, to the dialog is just great. An amount of detail never seen again in the main Goons of any film.

Clarence slapping and kicking Emil in the get away truck, the whole "Nee nee nee nee nee nee nee" bit before he blows off Murphy's hand, Joe's crazy high pitched laugh. All of it pure gold.

Shit, now I really wanna watch R1.

RB 249

AClockworkOrange Dawn-of-the-Dead nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:40 am Reply with quote

Deus Ex Robo :

On topic, one thing that always gets me in the first film, was the entire individuality and character put into Clarence and his Gang. I always find myself smiling and cracking up at any of the scenes they're in. Each aspect of their persona from the actor playing them, to the wardrobe, to the dialog is just great. An amount of detail never seen again in the main Goons of any film.

Clarence slapping and kicking Emil in the get away truck, the whole "Nee nee nee nee nee nee nee" bit before he blows off Murphy's hand, Joe's crazy high pitched laugh. All of it pure gold.

Shit, now I really wanna watch R1.

Seriously, regardless of if you're a fan of the movie itself or not. Everyone can enjoy just how much attention and detail was put into each character throughout the movie.

Without bringing up any of the other characters and adding on to what you said about the Wrecking Crew. Emil always stood out for me. For several reasons.

1. He really seems to be a man who enjoys his work. Every time you see him(just about), he's laughing, cracking a joke, smiling, or just having a blast or getting a thrill out of whatever he's doing. Plus, when someone bad happens or there's a set back. He doesn't let it bring him down. He just tries to bounce right back and move on.

2. He isn't the number one or even number two guy, but just like the rest of Boddicker's boys, he doesn't just fade into the background. You remember him and appreciate things about him.

3. He manages to get to have some good screen time and have some good lines. Even simple things like Clarence placing Murphy's helmet on his head in the death scene, to him saying his hilarious,"I like it" line after firing off the new hardware. Plus, my personal favorite and line that inspired my username.

4. And of course, no one can forget his death. Need I say more really? It's just awesome, disgusting, and ridiculous all in one.

thumb1 Happy robo

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Ponteral
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Dead or alive, you're coming with me.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:30 pm Reply with quote

RoboCop 1 - Murphy's execution and scene when RoboCop comes in his house... That's very powerful scene. Specially when he catched foto with his family and looked at it. And Of Course end of the movie with end credits and beautiful score... Smile

RoboCop 2 - Robo and Cain fight. I don't like much this movie, but Fight with two robots it's good

RoboCop 3 - Flashback from R1, unfortunely that's all. I don't see more good things in it.

RB 819

auto9 dvd-20th
Lexington
O-L5

O-L5

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote

You guys have already mentioned all the great reveals and money shots, so I guess I'll just mention the stuff I get a kick out of watching without fail every time I see it.

Robocop 1:

1) I always get a kick out of ED-209's first entrance and that creepy static-electronics sound as he springs to life and steps forward. You can't tell if it's meant to be like music or the sound of his motors, or both, but it's ingeniously scary. 8D

And I can't help laughing every time ED-209 gets confused by the stairs and freaks out like a demented turkey.

2) Lewis punching the guy she just brought in out before meeting her new partner. I love 80s movies.

3) Guy through freezer window. It would probably have been cheaper for the couple to have their store robbed than for Robocop to come in and trash it, but whatever, Robocop's adventures on his first night fighting crime are ace. I noticed the guy picked up an "Iron Man" comic too...

...and the way Robo deals with Miller. There are two things I find inexplicably hilarious in most films: people on phones, and people falling off/out of things.

4) Murphy visiting his old house. Just a really powerful scene and the music is gorgeous. That house kinda haunts me too, now.

5) "Don't touch me maaaaaaaaan!" XD

6) Robo removing his helmet and looking at himself after however long it's been since he saw his own face, and Lewis deciding to stick with Robo to fight the gang rather than escaping, and helping him fix his tracking. Any Murphy/Lewis moments really.

7) Robo using the Auto-9 on the range. Mm mm.

8) The drugs factory shootout scene shows how indestructible Robo is to the average criminal with a gun, he stomps those guys like bugs. You want him to stomp Clarence, but you know he can't. Doesn't mean he can't throw him around a bit first.

9) The moment when Clarence gets close enough to trapped Robocop for him to snap out the data spike and stick him in the neck with it. It's great. I know some people thought Clarence deserved a much more horrible death, but it's more that you see Robo than Clarence in that moment and you know the deed's done without Robo compromising his values. At that point he's more bothered about Lewis than himself, he seems much more human from this point on. Plus the speed and the way he cracks that spike out is neat.

10) "Nice shooting son, what's your name?" Obv. Wink

I really love all of Robo's robotic sound effects and the sound of his walking. It's satisfying somehow.

Robocop 2:

1) Robo vs Robocain.

2) Brain splat

Robocop 3:

¬_¬

RB 616

gez1967
drop it . dead or alive your coming with me

L-L3

Comment: looking for me

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:28 pm Reply with quote

wooow what a cool post I never thought of having a best part in the movies I thought they where all cool.well apart from Robocop 3 but some times we do have to say it is here still.... my best parting in the robo moves are

Robocop 1

has to be the drug factory best sceen ever

Robocop 2

where him and kane are giving it large

Robocop 3

the end credits

RB 1158

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:03 pm Reply with quote

Here's a reminder for you folks...

Best moments in RoboCop 1 -

Everything.

Best moments in RoboCop 2 -

Pretty much anything that involved action scenes - primarily the opening 'stomp' shootout and the ending RoboCAIN fight. Also any spots showcasing the beauty of the Robo 2 suit.

Best moments in RoboCop 3 -

Scene just leading up to Lewis' death. Like just about everything in R3 it was another R1 throwback (in this case to the betrayal sequence), but it was the best one and probably was the one single part where it actually somewhat felt like a RoboCop film to me.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
gez1967
drop it . dead or alive your coming with me

L-L3

Comment: looking for me

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Here's a reminder for you folks...

Best moments in RoboCop 1 -

Everything.

Best moments in RoboCop 2 -

Pretty much anything that involved action scenes - primarily the opening 'stomp' shootout and the ending RoboCAIN fight. Also any spots showcasing the beauty of the Robo 2 suit.

Best moments in RoboCop 3 -

Scene just leading up to Lewis' death. Like just about everything in R3 it was another R1 throwback (in this case to the betrayal sequence), but it was the best one and probably was the one single part where it actually somewhat felt like a RoboCop film to me.

yes there was a little some thing there in Robocop 3 but it was a quick movie I thought it had no plot for me....

RB 1158

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:07 am Reply with quote

Personal favorite moments.

1 - Well, Robo finding out about himself for drama but the one for laughs and has me hiding behind a pillow is that guy getting shot in the junk. Ouch. His buddy shouting "I give up"

2 - The Robocop 2 failures. I was laughing in pain.

3 - Exec commits suicide

RB 283

toaster baby-food game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:21 pm Reply with quote

razgriz21 :
2 - The Robocop 2 failures. I was laughing in pain.

Hah! Too true, those were fuckin funny. Especially the one who rips his helmet head off. "Rrwaahhhahh" *CRASH*

And those were supposed to be superior to RoboCop? Lol!

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Rob O'Coplin
"The Magic Man"

O-L4

Comment: I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:10 pm Reply with quote

Best moments for me are...

Robocop 1 : When Clarence Boddicker and the boys are in the truck trying to get away from Murphy and Lewis and "Bobby" gets shot in the leg, Clarence tells Leon to pick him up and then he says those infamous words, "Can you fly, Bobby?"

Robocop 2: When Johnson walks into the old man's hot tub(?) grotto? and he tells the old man about that Psychologist chick that's screening nutcases for the Robocop 2 project. When she walks in behind him, his look is priceless.. Also, yeah when robo gets out of the burning police cruiser that was blown to bits.. awesome

Robocop 3: The stupid look that Lewis has on her face when Robocop catches a bullet labeled for her head. Not much to love in this one

RB 210

game-xbox
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:00 am Reply with quote

KidGoesWild :
UPDATED Jan 5, '11

Took a closer look and this time read all the posts more carefully. So heres the corrected score, Im listing top 3 for each movie

RoboCop
Drug Factory - 15
Visiting Home - 10
First Reveal, Kinney's death - 9

RoboCop 2
Introduction - 11 votes
Fight with RoboCain - 10 votes
Warehouse Massacre - 5 votes

RoboCop 3
Nothing/Ending credits - 18 (13 for nothing, 5 for ending credits)
ED 209 scene - 6 votes
"By resisting arrest" - 4 votes

Heres the update

RoboCop
Drug Factory - 17
Visiting Home - 11
First Reveal - 10

RoboCop 2
Introduction - 13 votes
Fight with RoboCain - 14 votes
Warehouse Massacre - 5 votes

RoboCop 3
Nothing/Ending credits - 21 (15 for nothing, 6 for ending credits)
ED 209 scene - 6 votes
"By resisting arrest" - 4 votes

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard