New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

The BEST moments in RoboCop 1-3 Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:44 pm Reply with quote

WeKilledYou :
I like the diner/stickup scene where we first see Lewis. That was pretty good.

Lew-is! Lew-is! Lew-is! Lew-is!

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:42 pm Reply with quote

Even though Robocop 3 was really watered down with losing the R rating, it still had it's random violent or dark moments. One thing that sticks out, is the OCP employee jumper that commits suicide. It's actually a pretty f*cked up thing and moment, that gets down played instantly. But it made for a memorable moment in my opinion.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
JohnBoyAdvance
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:48 pm Reply with quote

I think the moment where they proved God exists and wanted the original Robocop to be awesome. Yes that bit in the car chase where the hubcap flies off the wheel and rockets just past the camera.

In the commentary Werehoven is totally like "we didnt plan that."

God exists.

As much as I love Robocop that bit gets an entire mark out of ten on its own, And its surprising that it doesn't seem to be replicated. At all.

RB 710

cake
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:48 pm Reply with quote

WeKilledYou :
Even though Robocop 3 was really watered down with losing the R rating, it still had it's random violent or dark moments. One thing that sticks out, is the OCP employee jumper that commits suicide. It's actually a pretty f*cked up thing and moment, that gets down played instantly. But it made for a memorable moment in my opinion.

Good point. And I have to say right after that with the "I'd eat a bullet myself.." also has shades of that dark humor we know so well.

R3 has those things somewhat - it's not totally watered down, just enough to not feel like a real RoboCop film. It really could have been something more with a little more of a hard, adult tone. And no annoying little kid. And no toys. And Weller. And.. Ahem, never mind. tongue

While I won't call those best moments, they're certainly something at least.

As for JBA's post. Well said my man, well said. RoboCop 1 was blessed, indeed. Wink

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:37 pm Reply with quote

JohnBoyAdvance :
I think the moment where they proved God exists and wanted the original Robocop to be awesome. Yes that bit in the car chase where the hubcap flies off the wheel and rockets just past the camera.

Thatīs an amazing thing for sure. I really love that moment.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:42 am Reply with quote

WeKilledYou :

I like the diner/stickup scene where we first see Lewis. That was pretty good.

Nah, for me it was one of the most out of place moments in the movie, it was too much in vein of Police Academy, too goofy and too SNL. Contrast that silly SNL scene with the first movie, where cops couldnt get a backup because crime was all over the place and they were getting creamed, to a goofy cliched lazy dorks eating donuts and pointing whose going to chase armed suspects cause everyones too lazy, relaxed and too busy eating donuts

Space Balls guy no 1: "Hey DOnnely, Ish yoh turn!"
Space Balls guy no 2: "Nah *munch, munch*, I went last time"

Neutral .............

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:54 pm Reply with quote

Seeing Lewis with the gum was spot-on. Just the rest of the scene and its surrounding context wasn't that good.

That there is the big problem I have with R3 - It has some little moments in it, but they're surrounded by sub-par goofy crap and clothed in an entirely different tone. It's rather annoying.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Slash Man
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Stay out of trouble.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:49 am Reply with quote

RoboCop: Drug factory shootout (complete with Basil Poledouris score)
RoboCop 2: Again, Lewis and Robo's raid on the drug factory
RoboCop 3: The police street fight at the end
Reboot: The "good cop, RoboCop" part

RB 730

hamburger
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:26 pm Reply with quote

This is a tough question. I know that as soon as I write this out, I will think of a dozen more cool moments. Oh well, he goes nothing:
Robocop: gas station shootout with Emil. There's a moment where Robo is approaching the crashed bike with the light from the burning gas station behind him that really looks majestic.
Robocop 2: Busting Officer Duffy at the arcade. Great Robocop on duty action!
Robocop 3: Robocop POV scene where the band of resistance fighters try to fix Robocop a la the initial construction scenes in the first movie. Good comic relief.
Robocop (2014): Robocop battles his way to the chief's office to arrest her (discovers that she is involved). Great suspense as the he discovers that he was sold out by his boss.

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
gez1967
drop it . dead or alive your coming with me

L-L3

Comment: looking for me

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:22 pm Reply with quote

For me it has to be

Robocop 1 when h says his name at the very end

Robocop 2. When he steps out the car , after it been blown up

Robocop 3 , when he puts the jet pack on ,

RB 1158

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard