New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

The Robocop Trailer is out NOW!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:59 pm Reply with quote

After much wait and speculation the first trailer for RoboCop2014 has finally been released. In addition to RoboCop blowing stuff up and fighting crime, the trailer also shows him interacting with his wife (Abbie Cornish) and son (David Murphy), and features plenty of co-stars (Michael Keaton, Gary Oldman and Samuel L. Jackson) saying semi-shady things that indicate they don't have RoboCop's best interests at heart.

video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6c47jH-liE

APPLE TRAILERS

I must say this looks pretty bad ass, I dunno about you guys but things are looking up.

* Edited for news forum

RB 5860

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
Raymond
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:20 pm Reply with quote

No suprise to anyone but i freaking love it.

Visually very impressive. Modern. Intense. I think it will be a great movie! I'm gonna watch it 10 times and then do a proper review

RB 3724

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:26 pm Reply with quote

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/robocop-reboot-trailer-debuts-video-622488

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:38 pm Reply with quote

Well, finally!

What interested me was the suit, and I think the silver Robo kick ass. At least it looks like he's silver for a good time before changing.

The black Robo, as vegas told us, looks almost like in the pictures we already know.

About violence, I don't think that moment when we see his body after the accident without a leg in a hospital is really that shocking. I can't say the trailer looked anything outside what we would expect from a PG-13 rating.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote

They definitely showed more of the silver in this version..So..Thoughts?...I'm still were I was at SDCC

RB 5648

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:45 pm Reply with quote

The editor of this trailer is an obvious fan of the orginal. seeing as how much of the scenes shown are with the silver prototype.

as I have to say the silver looks fucking fantastic.

I still think the few scenes where the black is shown look like garbage..

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
IlyaG
O-L1*

O-L1*

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:46 pm Reply with quote

Underwhelming. Not the sort of movie I was picturing in my mind, given Jose Padilha's previous work, or the budget they announced. Sure, the special effects are there and all that, and the story has promise, but it LOOKS like a TV show! It looks like something you'd find on CBS or Fox. There's nothing movie-like about it, the cinematography is boring and pedestrian, the soap opera level of "drama" is overwhelming...

It just looks like a TV show. I don't know what it says about modern-day television, or modern-day theatrical releases, but visually this doesn't come close to competing with any Hollywood movies of recent years.

Even just from the simple premise of, "Is it a good trailer compared to other trailers," the answer is no, it's not. It's a boring trailer. It's not put together very well. Hopefully that's the fault of the trailer's creators and not the filmmakers, but this is definitely not a good sign.

I'm still going to see it. We all are. The story shows promise. But I'm definitely disappointed.

The worst part? He looks and acts like a man in a suit. He's not a robot. He's not RoboCop. He's a cop in a power suit. That throat grab? I don't want to see that shit. I want robotic responses, like how in the original movie when he first arrives at the police station and they run their tests. THAT'S a robot.

What I also don't like is the story that the trailer sets up: A man who is put in a robot suit, and then slowly loses his humanity (before probably regaining it for the climax). This is the opposite of the original movie's premise of a robot *regaining* his humanity. That approach was a lot more dramatic and a lot more appealing to me.

RB 459

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:47 pm Reply with quote

Meh. tongue

I liked better on my mind, when I read the trailer description. Smile

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Langlang1701
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:51 pm Reply with quote

I feel something is missing.., gas station explosion maybe?

RB 142

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:52 pm Reply with quote

That's all?

RB 5648

Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:00 am Reply with quote

Honestly I was not expecting the same movie. They keep enough and add a whole lot to make this one a different animal, which is good. I want to go into the theater and see a different movie, not a beat for beat remake. Trailers tend to play up certain aspects of a film and graze over others completely for the sake of reeling you in, this trailer did that nicely I think.

The shot I posted above is also one of my favorite shots from the original film, but in a completely different context.

RB 5860

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:01 am Reply with quote

Adding to the first pic, here go some more:

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Raymond
Sgt-L5

Sgt-L5

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:12 am Reply with quote

read reactions at:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=86549#comments

so far so good. This trailer will put the movie on the map for sure!

For being trailer1 it really exceeded my expectations. Trailer2 will probably focus even more on Robocop, villains, action and take it to the next level. Trailer1 really didn't present his main enemies so to speak. That will come.

RB 3724

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:17 am Reply with quote

I think the throat grabbing was pretty cool and an example of the "Murphy is taking over the system" that comes in to play later when they realise they can't control him like they thought they could.

RB 18145

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard