New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

First impressions of GTA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

ROBOTCOP
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: joined back in 2002 . forgot password. rejoined

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote

Got mine yesterday . Seems to be an improvement on graphics . Gameplay so far seems good . Cool start to it , straight into the action as soon as the game starts .
Cool little app to go with it , ifruit .

So far way too much cussing. A lot more than in previous games. Still the same violence .
Not got to the online part as it was not available yet . That's the part I am looking forward to playing, online is always better.

Will play some more tonight when I get home and to this topic .

Alex

CREDITS 187

robocop-helmet ultra1
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:41 pm Reply with quote

There couldn't be too much cussing. I'm getting this game soon. Can't wait to spend countless hours doing nothing important whatsoever. I love a leisurely game experience every now and then. I just hope they got a good shooting and fighting system in place finally, which is about the only place the gta games ever lacked.

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:35 pm Reply with quote

Shouldn't this be in the Video Games section?

Anyway, you guys can have your "GTA V", I got myself an NES Smile

CREDITS 2802

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:46 pm Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
Shouldn't this be in the Video Games section?
Indeed it should and that is where it now is!

Not too fussed with the swearing, it won't put me off, as long as there's some driving to do.. I'm golden Wink

CREDITS 1476

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
ROBOTCOP
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:20 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for moving it Smile

The cussing is excessive , my daughter came in as I was playing it . Had to turn it off .. But it's good

Thanks

Alex

"Dead or Alive you are Selling to Me "

CREDITS 187

robocop-helmet ultra1
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:22 pm Reply with quote

It's good. It hasn't blown me away in the same was GTAIV did but that's to be expected. After all it was the first next gen GTA in spite of it now feeling pretty clunky when on foot and shooting.

The driving could be a little better though. If it was a half way house between GTAIV an what it is now I could really go for that, but as it stands I find the cars way too responsive and twitchy. It's not that the driving mechanics are bad but they are not as satisfying as I would have hoped.

The shooting is great. I find it satisfying and responsive.

Overall I'm pleased. It's not groundbreaking but it's fun and enjoyable and that's what counts. It looks good as there are some nice detailed touches and the presentation is top notch.

CREDITS 1689

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
gez1967
drop it . dead or alive your coming with me

L-L3

Comment: looking for me

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quote

well got my copy today for the cheesebox lets see what the cracks all about, seems every one is playing it saying its very good....any thing has to be better then tv soaps

CREDITS 578

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
ROBOTCOP
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote

Yeah driving is clunky . But the gameplay so far is good, as mentioned not ground breaking ,
I like that you can switch between players , at one point you are a dog lol . Different . But the switching players keeps it interesting . Will play it more over the weekend . Burn the midnight candle Friday and Saturday .

Also like that you can customize your vehicle from an app . Customize your licence plate . Tried to get ROBOCOP but someone beat me too it . So I went for the plate I have On my own car SCOTISH Wink

Alex

CREDITS 187

robocop-helmet ultra1
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:49 pm Reply with quote

Why not OCP?

I feel horrible for not getting a chance to check it out myself.. I will eventually. Though indeed it seems its not quite the end-all-be-all it looked like... I do still like the idea of the character swap and the shooting did look nice. I don't like hearing how they've overdone the driving responsiveness though..

Anyway, we'll see when I get my hands on it. It still sounds quite worthwhile in any event.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:53 pm Reply with quote

Is it just me but I've thought this series has always been wwwwaaayyyyy over rated..I've not been playing much at all in the last year and kinda had a mild interest in this but seeing now that they've really not broke any new ground changes my mind.

CREDITS 1111

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:12 pm Reply with quote

I really like the GTA series, but I do admit I tend to have leanings back to the older stuff, GTA3 era. Again, I'll still get this one but I see where yer comin from vegas.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Cy-Fox
R-L2

R-L2

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:20 pm Reply with quote

ROBOTCOP :
Yeah driving is clunky . But the gameplay so far is good, as mentioned not ground breaking ,
I like that you can switch between players , at one point you are a dog lol . Different . But the switching players keeps it interesting . Will play it more over the weekend . Burn the midnight candle Friday and Saturday .

Also like that you can customize your vehicle from an app . Customize your licence plate . Tried to get ROBOCOP but someone beat me too it . So I went for the plate I have On my own car SCOTISH Wink

Alex

I'm the guilty party who grabbed ROBOCOP for my plate :P I'm loving it, and the cops seem to be a lot more aggressive here. This is coming from someone who could dodge the Army in San Andreas and the FBI/NOOSE in GTA IV. 3 stars and I was getting PIT'd and blasted by SWAT hanging off of SUVs.

CREDITS 16

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:31 am Reply with quote

Game is amazing. RoboCOp is referenced in the beginning. Guy has a power convertible top and he calls it a RoboRoof. The crazy guy is so violent and hilarious. The water looks better than any console game I have seen. It gets frothy white. It is crazy.

I love that there are and have been conspiracies about GTA games just like in real life. Take for instance bigfoot and alien sightings. There is a ton of people claiming bigfoot sightings and other crazy creature sightings. There was the same thing in red dead redemption where people kept posting fuzzy pictures of a werewolf supposedly creeping around the northern woods. Ever since there was supposedly a bigfoot in gta san andreas there have been in game monster hunters in these games. I just find it very funny.

You can back pick up trucks or semis up to trailers and hook up. I hooked up a pickup to a boat trailer. Backed in the water and loaded a boat on it. Then pulled out backed back in and took the boat off. I am amused by all these thousands of tiny little things in the game.

The view distance and lighting have to be pushing the 360 to its limits. There is no draw in, and you can always see as far as the eye could really see. Just go up to the top of a mountain and look down over over los santos (LA) at night. I was pretty impressed. Also the first game or movie I have seen get thunder and lightning right. Thunder comes after the lightning and is different intensity depending how far away the lightning strike was.

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:37 pm Reply with quote

I remember all those bigfoot and alien stories for San Andreas.. and the Mt Chiliad yeti monster - I actually tried to look for some of that shit fooling around in those areas a time or two.

Bah, hooking on a boat trailer, then getting a boat on it? Wow. I'm really a whore for little things like that so for me that shit sounds awesome.

CREDITS 2304

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Computer and Videogames All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard