New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Dark Horse's RoboCop
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:57 pm Reply with quote

This one covers all the Dark Horse Releases.

-Dark Horse Presents (a comic with 4 different stories. RoboCop was amoung these, Indiana Jones, Aliens, Predator, Terminator, etc.)
-RoboCop: Prime Suspect
-RoboCop: Mortal Coils
-RoboCop: Roulette
-RoboCop vs Terminator (by Frank Miller)

Let's begin.

While the art in Prime Suspect was sketchy at best, the story was awesome. Awesome enough for Rysher Entertainment to adapt into a storyline for the RoboCop TV Series.

Much the same as the series episode, RoboCop is framed for a murder he didn't commit by one of the orginial scientists that helped create his systems. Which was a great idea.

It followed continuity of the films and left Lewis to be gone from the comics and we see how RoboCop dealt with his life after Lewis (without even mentioning Lewis at all). He found his ground in Dr. Marie Lazarus. She held him down to earth is what I mean. Much the same way that Lewis did.

Dark Horse's comics were dark, gritty, and not really kid-friendly. Which was a welcomed return to the world of RoboCop.

Before i say too much more and kill this topic before it begins, I'll let you guys chime in.

Cause I've got more to say about the rest of the series Dark Horse Comics put out.

---Sean

RB 700

OCP-stock ultra6 comic1-robocop game-nes1 game-nes4
murphy38
OCP1 - L2

OCP1 - L2

Archive Traitor

OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:07 pm Reply with quote

mr green Hi sean_01 mr green

me I liked the comics Dark Horse,
but I find that the drawings are too coarse step much of details too caricatural of robo, Neutral
which is interest indeed it is that one can see the life of robo after the death of Lewis and I find that good!
this strange mixture and sinks!! Wink

It's just my opinion opps

RB 2354

tiny-cop robocop-head alex-murphy RoboBadge baby-food award
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:12 pm Reply with quote

Pics damnit...

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Yarbles
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:27 am Reply with quote

you know what, I think Dark Horse made my favorite Robo comics. They were consistently good. the worst of them all was Mortal Coils, but the rest of the series were top notch in my opinion.

First off, I just don't think any Robo comic can beat the RoboCop verus The Terminator series by Frank Miller. That series was perfect, I especially loved how they got the character of Robo/Murphy down, and played with his humanity a bit as he came in contactt with the killing machines that were the terminators.

I also liked th ePrime Suspect Series, and the artwork even grew on me. It was different, but I appreciate that.

The last series, Roulette was also great, I liked how the story incorpoarted plot points that went back to the first film, with Murphy's death and conversion to RoboCop.

Plus, Dark Horse printed one of my dorky fan letters in the back of Mortal Coils #4, so that made me a happy camper....

RB 3527

Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:40 am Reply with quote

You know I have all of these series but have yet to read them, originally the idea was just to collect them, but I think with your guys opinions all pointing towards great I may just crack them open and chime in myself when Im done!

RB 5760

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
Yarbles
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:35 am Reply with quote

You own them all, but haven't read them? Why not????

RB 3527

Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quote

Because he's not HardCore!

Not really. Read them all. Then come back.

They go in the order I posted above.

I actually liked Mortal Coils. As I've said in another topic, Mortal Coils has the right ingredients for a good RoboCop story.

Plus, it took Murphy out of his familiar environment, and placed him in another one that was as equally or more violent and chaotic as Detroit. The US Government also made him a US Marshal to go after someone outside of his jurisdiction. Good touch. The back story to Mortal Coils happened in some of the Dark Horse Presents comics. But it works as a stand-alone story without even reading them.

Plus there's a twist to the RoboCop/ED-209 battle at the end.

----Sean

RB 700

Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:02 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
While the art in Prime Suspect was sketchy at best, the story was awesome. Awesome enough for Rysher Entertainment to adapt into a storyline for the RoboCop TV Series.

I had not the chance read the Prime Suspect .. but I have seen the part in the Robocop series .. and the part was really good and thrilling because we really dont knew who killed the man ...I can to say this was one of the best part of the series .. Wink

the only and whole comic from Dark Horse what I was read is the Roulette and this was very good .. also this has good story and very good style of drawing I think .. Wink heh I begin to be a DH fan mr green But I always will be love the Marvel covers

RB 4066

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
David
R-L5

R-L5

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:07 pm Reply with quote

I bought and read Robocop Vs. Terminator and loved it.

The order these comics are listed... is that they order they were released, or they order they took place? Further, how do they fit into the movie chronology... if that's the chronology they fit into?

RB 443

Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quote

All the principle characters (except for Lewis) are there. Continuity is still present.

Read them in that order cause that's the way the were released.

Mortal Coils is a stand-alone story for the most part.

---Sean

RB 700

Yarbles
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:31 pm Reply with quote

all of the DH comics take place after RoboCop 3... (except for the film adaptation...that takes place at the same time of course....)

Which reminda me, the RoboCop 3 comic adaptation was also done by DH, although it wasn't listed in this thread's original post...

RB 3527

Sean_001
Vault Dweller

DC-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:47 am Reply with quote

Yarbles :
all of the DH comics take place after RoboCop 3... (except for the film adaptation...that takes place at the same time of course....)

Which reminda me, the RoboCop 3 comic adaptation was also done by DH, although it wasn't listed in this thread's original post...

You got me tere Yarbles. That is true.

But, that was just an adaptation. And I guess I blocked it out. I try to do that with the third movie all together.

But for the purposes of the topic, let's not count that one anyways.

-----Sean

RB 700

Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:02 pm Reply with quote

I have the R VS. T series and i think it's awesome. As for the rest of Dark horse's series..they all had good stories, but the artwork was complete ass.

RB 495

Burnout
C-L4

C-L4

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:19 pm Reply with quote

I like to think of myself as a hardcore Robocop fan, unless you ask my wife, she may replace the hardcore with "Obsessive". I had not read the books for collecting reasons, I was keeping them sealed and mint. BUt fuck it, not like Im ever actually going to sell my Robo collection so why not read em?

Starting today after work with the suggested book.

RB 5760

game-xbox360 Ed-260 doctor-who-dalek ED-209-3D darkman-figure judge-dredd TMNT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard