New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

New remake comics by Boom studios
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:49 pm Reply with quote

I didnīt see it coming as well, but having the remaking almost ready, I think it was a matter of time to see the new one on other format.

I think the main problem with the art, is that they choose some artists that works better for black & white comics. I think itīs not something negative, but some art styles fits in black & white.

For example, Frank Millerīs "Sin City". If you try to colour it, you have "The Dark Knight Strikes Back" (ok, they use some pixelated artwork there, but the colours doesnīt fit the style). Even "V for Vendetta" would be pretty cool in black & white (was done as a b&w book).

RB 11986

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:26 am Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
I'm not following the "Last Stand" series,

Good on you! Wink
RoboFan_93 :
so I don't know how well Boom are handling Robo,

.. terrible... :roll:
RoboFan_93 :
but I guess this should increase awareness to the remake to some extent.

Issue 2 might work.

The Last Stand just has FM written all over it, and is just a bit dated and over done now. Will be good to see how the remake comics are handled by different writers/artists and to see Robo a bit more nimble (running for example).

I personally think/was surprisingly impressed by how well the black suit works in live action on the trailers. I just don't think it works very well with still photography and possibly now in comic form either.

RB 4892

Ed-260
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:57 pm Reply with quote

Edd 209 :

The Last Stand just has FM written all over it

I guess I'm gonna hate it then Laughing Never was a fan of Miller.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
tiho86
O-L1*

O-L1*

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:09 am Reply with quote

I think Robocop can not function as a comic book, is difficult to convey the atmosphere on paper,sory for bad english is not my orgin language

RB 338

Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:32 am Reply with quote

Edd 209 :
I want to like issue 3 on the bike - it has a great feel about it, but the suit is weak and not Robo

Thats probably because they obviously referenced that one image of that stuntman relaxing on the the bike waiting for the next take,...then added guns

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:47 am Reply with quote

^ lol Mindchamber, I can just imagine that!

RB 4892

Ed-260
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:05 am Reply with quote

It's a good idea and I'll always be happy to see Robo get some shine, even if it's shit. They kind of look interesting though, I hope these issues go beyond just what we see on screen, which kind of seems to be the case, and if it is that's definitely something I'm interested in reading. If it's just an adaption I'll probably pass, maybe check out the art in the store, because I kind of like most of the art I've seen from the Boom comics so far, these covers are pretty cool except the first one. I've been secretly hoping the market would be flooded by product for the remake just to see Robo on shelves, so this makes me largely excited in a small way.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:40 am Reply with quote

^ I quite like the first cover, it's different kind of artwork and doesn't have a mainstream feel to it, which I like.

I actually quite like Boom!'s covers. Much better than what's inside the comics! And I just realised that they all fit together as one long continuation. For example Robo's chest plate from the first cover extends on to cover no 2. And cover no 2 is real good too, but the Robo no arm thing has had it's many incarnations now...

RB 4892

Ed-260
Nika Silwerra
Justified and Ancient of Mu

OCP5 - L3

Comment: The queen of RoboCop random finds thread

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:29 pm Reply with quote

Mindchamber :
Edd 209 :
I want to like issue 3 on the bike - it has a great feel about it, but the suit is weak and not Robo

Thats probably because they obviously referenced that one image of that stuntman relaxing on the the bike waiting for the next take,...then added guns

Haha perfect MC!

I dont care about this ..em RebootCop, just found this on DA, I think something interesting for this thread who cares.

RB 4166

robocop-figure2 lewis-figure ford-taurus mustang-series 6000SUX robocop-figure4 klf-album1 c&c-nod
CroRoboCop
R-L4

R-L4

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:05 pm Reply with quote

Nice art, but again... I am just not keen on this new version of good, ol Robo...

RB 192

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:35 am Reply with quote

Nice finds Nika Smile

RB 4892

Ed-260
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:08 pm Reply with quote

Don't really get the hate for Last Stand,I mean going in you all shoulda knew it was based on the original script for 3 with some added shit,I mean hell Boom even advertised it as such..No surprise there..Yeah the art fluctuates between really good and shoddy but the way I see it that goe's on with all smaller publishers these days,shit even some of Marvels properties I.E. Thunderbolts suffers from wildly inconsistent art..For what this is I enjoy it..First word's Murph really sez in this run I "They didn't ask me" they delve into some deep shit right there..

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

Comment: Artificial intelligence beat real stupidity.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:33 pm Reply with quote

I like this serie. Yeah it's true, the art fluctuates a lot, but I've seen worst. Issue 4 isn't that great, I hope it will get better before the end.

Bwaaaaaaaah!!! PEA SHOOTER!!!

RB 1965

robocop-figure4 RoboCain-v2 prototype-figure1 prototype-figure2 nuke-red-ramrod dvd-robocop2 Gun-T2 Mini Gun punisher-skull
razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:55 am Reply with quote

The designs that Nika showed us look cool.

RB 283

toaster baby-food game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard