New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

New remake comics by Boom studios
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but these four one-shots will be collected in a trade paperback titled ROBOCOP: THE HUMAN ELEMENT in early June to coincide with the home releases of the movie.

To Live And Die In Detroit is probably my 2nd favourite after Beta.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
DCell
O-L5

O-L5

Comment: Dead or alive, you're coming with me.

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:57 am Reply with quote

Ah shoot...I could have spared the money and buy the pack instead. Oh well. :P

RB 707

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:28 pm Reply with quote

DCell :
Ah shoot...I could have spared the money and buy the pack instead. Oh well. :P

I thought that too, but I'm glad I supported the weekly releases. My mid-year resolution is to support as much of the merch as I can afford. Not just comics. If I want Neca to produce more figures, the least I can do is make sure I buy the existing ones!

RB 2943

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:25 pm Reply with quote

I received the TPB of the four one-shots this week (no Gauntlet I can confirm). The stories are in the reverse-order to which they were published which, although they are standalone, kind of makes more sense when you read one after another, as To Live And Die In Detroit and Hominem Ex Machina are more Robo action adventure stories, whereas as Beta and Memento Mori are kind of backstories.

In terms of extras, you get a cover gallery which includes an alternative Emerald City Comicon exclusive cover of Beta and a black and white Cover Progress Gallery with some sketches for Memento Mori and To Live And Die In Detroit.

I really hope BOOM! revisit the reboot world in the future.

RB 2943

Maxlee
C-L1

C-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote

Optimus :
http://imgur.com/qBIdqUo.jpg

ROFL does anyone else find it hilarious how this RoboCop just collapses right there on the street, just because he tazershocks some guy and this daughter comes running in "daddy daddy" and now ol' Murphy is in such inner turmoil conflict he just suffers a mental crash and plummets to the earth in broad daylight...

Sure I suppose children are RoboCop's weak spot, not only can he not arrest them but they also remind him of his son, so yeah when a bastard like Hob shoots him in the face, RoboCop can be like "what the f*ck my own kid shooting at me?" or occasionally blank out and stare in space and sh*t at the sight of happy families and all that ...

But LOL for RoboCop to go all aaarghhh just because he made a little girl cry and gets called a monster, he just runs out of the house and collapses on the street. That sh*t be more effective than directive 4 I tell you Laughing

All crime lords in Detroit should just have some little children nearby when RoboCop comes to arrest them, seems a lot more effective than cobra cannons and ED-209's as guard pet. nothanks

This RoboCop seems less efficient than RoboCop from the second movie with the motherload of crazy directives nothanks

RB 1560

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:19 pm Reply with quote

That's Hominem Ex Machina isn't it? It's a pretty standard story that one. Art varies, not great dramatic art but actually the shininess of the visor looks cool. Nice to see Jack get something to do but that's probably the simplest story.

Beta (the first Murphyless RoboCop story ever?) is easily the best of the four. Really nice looking art including the cover, and a new angle on the new film.

Memento Mori is a another bold attempt to tell a different kind of story, one inside Murphy's nightmares, but the art is a bit crude. It should have been more nightmarish or even had a totally different style between the dreams and reality.

To Live And Die In Detroit is a nice little caper for RoboCop v3.0. A chance to see Robo being Robo with some violence and a hint of villainous characters that could really be fleshed out if this was more than a one-shot.

I really wish BOOM had the bottle to do an ongoing comic set in the New continuity, as it could have pushed the franchise a little further and kept the character alive. The new ongoing comic looks promising but they could have started that anytime. I really hope BOOM revisit the reboot continuity soon.

Somehow, I enjoyed reading these again in collected trade format. Maybe because they stand out as a collection of very different stories rather than each week hoping for the 'ultimate' RoboCop story. It shows there's still ideas and potential in the franchise yet.

If only we could all rally behind it.

RB 2943

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:03 pm Reply with quote

Nope.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:10 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :

Nope.

We are the worst fans in the world. We've killed our hero.

Well done cunts.

RB 2943

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:12 pm Reply with quote

2014 Robocop Killed my hero..And keep your name calling to yourself..

RB 5648

Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Comment: There will be trouble!

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:57 pm Reply with quote

that rubber thingy tried, but just bounced off of that huge beautiful metal chest plate

RB 787

game-xbox
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:00 pm Reply with quote

Fummelcop :
that rubber thingy tried, but just bounced off of that huge beautiful metal chest plate
Laughing

RB 5648

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:57 am Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :
We are the worst fans in the world. We've killed our hero.

Funny, I believe pretty much all of us paid to see the remake, some of us might even have bought home video of it, and some of us have even bought these comics - So how have we killed it? Oh just blind negativity and spite, right, let's ignore the fact that we have gotten and still seem to be getting chump-ass products.

Wise Words :
Just because it has robo in it doesn't mean we have to swallow it up and go for dessert. We CAN demand some kind of quality.

Although if having some form of a supposed 'RoboCop' is all it takes, wonderful, enjoy it. Enjoy it to the point you can lash out at other fans for supposedly 'killing' our hero when that is the last thing any of us here want, condemn us for being all defeatist when all we've wanted is some kind of success, something amazing that put RoboCop back on the map again in a big and fantastic way. With that said -

Quote:
Well done cunts.

Now we know how well you regard us - Glad to know it's 'nothing personal', fella. Fuckin' A.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:20 am Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :

Jim, I love the fact that you love the remake universe so much, that's why I gave you that Robocop, and you deserve it, because that's your Robo. But that's not mine.

I'm going to the store tomorrow to buy the BOOM! stuff so I can have the complete Robocop comic collection (except for Roulette and a couple issues of the Marvel Series that were water damaged, coming soon) but I don't think I'll be buying the 4 issues based on the remake. I just can't have that crap polluting my box. it's got a different font n the title than the rest, it has a different Robocop. It's not my Robocop. It's not Robocop.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:28 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
JimWantsAliens :

Jim, I love the fact that you love the remake universe so much, that's why I gave you that Robocop, and you deserve it, because that's your Robo. But that's not mine.

I'm going to the store tomorrow to buy the BOOM! stuff so I can have the complete Robocop comic collection (except for Roulette and a couple issues of the Marvel Series that were water damaged, coming soon) but I don't think I'll be buying the 4 issues based on the remake. I just can't have that crap polluting my box. it's got a different font n the title than the rest, it has a different Robocop. It's not my Robocop. It's not Robocop.

You're a much nicer and more patient cunt than me, Pimp.

I too haven't bought these comics, and don't intend to. Not because it's rebootcop, not because of blind hate, but simply because, like you (and like many who have seen the remake), I don't like it and won't waste money on something I don't like, plain and simple. I don't care a lot for this 'new RoboCop', and I don't believe in blind loyalty. If that makes me a cunt, fine then. I hope those that enjoy it continue to do so.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard