New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Playstation 4 or XBox One?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:47 pm Reply with quote

So which, if any, are we going for?

Not necessarily at launch mind you.

CREDITS 1689

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:49 pm Reply with quote

Oh no... I was wondering when this would come up. tongue

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
ROBOTCOP
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: joined back in 2002 . forgot password. rejoined

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:28 pm Reply with quote

Playstation 4 . I prefer the playstation ,always have Smile
Plus most of my friends in Scotland have playstations , so for me it's better

Cheers

Alex

"Dead or Alive you are Selling to Me "

CREDITS 187

robocop-helmet ultra1
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:53 pm Reply with quote

I'm so not down with either platforms in the 1st year..Did the with the 360 never again...In a year or so I may go XBOX ONE,But not for awhile..

CREDITS 1111

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:01 am Reply with quote

Playstation and their fucking controller. Do they think they are going to lose players if they make a good controller? The controller is what kept me from getting a PS3 and will be the same reason I don't get a PS4.

I don't know the specs exactly on both consoles but no backwards compatability makes me not want either console. Also, Xbox one is not coming with a mic, they expect people to use the kinect as their mic. That is a disaster if you have ever played with anybody talking on kinect. It is a reverb nightmare, constantly picking up other sounds and your voice talking to them. Just another way for them to sell a mic separately.

I am not getting either console as of yet. I'll wait until they stop supporting 360 online then I guess I'll suck it up and get an xbox 1

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:28 am Reply with quote

Wii U Very Happy

Seriously, I think all three companies jumped into the next-gen a bit too early. The PS4 and the X-Box One both have the same problem the Wii U had - not a single really strong launch title.

The X-Box one is just plain bad in my opinion and Microsoft need to get their shit together if they want to stay in the game (though I'd much rather that they step out and SEGA gave it another shot). The original Box was a great console, the 360 was bad and this looks even worse.

The PS4 has it's issues as well. I'm definetely not a fan of the new controller and all those consoles dying at launch...

Well, let's just say there's a reason I'm sticking to Nintendo Very Happy

CREDITS 2802

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Comment: There will be trouble!

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:14 pm Reply with quote

ps4

CREDITS 85

game-xbox
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:48 pm Reply with quote

I will get a PS4 eventually but I rarely get a new console early on. I usually wait for a specific game, maybe Uncharted4, and for all early machine errors and to be fixed. With PS3 I waited until the slim version got released.

After the great NES and SNES, Nintendo let me down big time with N64 so I'm not buying any new console from them. So far I have not regretted my decision. I'm no longer the target audience.

RoboDemise :
Playstation and their fucking controller.

Huh, what's wrong with it? Is this just a case of being used to a different systems controller, like Xbox?

CREDITS 396

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:11 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
I will get a PS4 eventually but I rarely get a new console early on. I usually wait for a specific game, maybe Uncharted4, and for all early machine errors and to be fixed. With PS3 I waited until the slim version got released.

After the great NES and SNES, Nintendo let me down big time with N64 so I'm not buying any new console from them. So far I have not regretted my decision. I'm no longer the target audience.

And you're doing well waiting out. Most people seem impatient to get the stuff at launch and eventually end up paying the price... for replacements.

As for the big N, to me, they seem to be the only company that really knows how to implement something new in terms of how you play the game and actually make it work. I was skeptical about the DS' touch screen, but now I think it's one of the best systems out there.
The Wii impressed me with a lot of it's exclusives (and I don't mean ones made by Nintendo only - it had great 3rd party exclusives as well) and now I'm hoping that the Wii U will deliver as well (Monolith Soft's new game looks great... and I do hope that a new Metroid will come out eventually). I got a Wii U a couple of weeks ago (they made me an offer I couldn't refuse - got it brand new for 1/4 of it's retail price) and haven't tested out any games, besides a couple of demos, but playing "ZombiU" I can honestly say that the Gamepad works well and is quite comfortable. Graphics never really bothered me, it's the gameplay and story that I'm after. And, ofcourse, I love me some backwards compatibility.

To me, Microsoft lost the battle a long time ago, as I don't think they have a single exclusive I care about (not atleast since Ninja Gaiden stopped being an exclusive, frankly I don't care about Halo one bit), while Sony still has something to offer.
But, again, I think all three companies could've done much better if they'd waited another year or so.

CREDITS 2802

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:01 am Reply with quote

I actually liked a lot of my shitty N64 games.. at least back then. In fact I bet I may still like some of them.. That said I've been pretty much out of the console game completely since about the time PS2 came out.. easily a decade now. Kinda funny when my older brother this morning reminded me he had games on his PS3 and I was welcome to play it. Even when all they use it for 90% of the time is as the online home entertainment hub/Blu-Ray player for the living room. tongue

RoboFan_93 :
The X-Box one is just plain bad in my opinion and Microsoft need to get their shit together if they want to stay in the game (though I'd much rather that they step out and SEGA gave it another shot). The original Box was a great console, the 360 was bad and this looks even worse.

I didn't even give a fuck about the original XBOX quite frankly, otherwise I agree wholeheartedly. I miss the old days, it was Sega and Nintendo, they were gamemakers. When Sony jumped in I thought it was bullshit, they got a couple of good things but really still think they should have stuck to stereos and walkmans. Sega might have had a better shot, certainly wouldn't have minded seeing them have a shot anyway. Microsoft? Even more bullshit. And of course Nintendo being nothing what they were.

Probably all why I jumped to PC, the console thing just turned silly and I didn't care to keep up with it. That and the fact most of the games I like on those consoles are on PC anyway.. there ya go I guess. Not to mention you can make a PC have compatibility with old games.

That said, neither console is a good choice right away, people should give the shit a few months to iron things out and have (hopefully) more than one worth-a-shit game to buy for it. I didn't get the N64 'til a year-and-a-half after it came out, and by then Zelda OoT and several other good/decent things were out for it. Plus the system was cheaper. Never understood this whole 'gotta have it right when it comes out' mentality.

So, long rant short, my honest answer will probably be neither one at this point, and that will probably be the case for some time. If I DO get one eventually, probably might be the PS4. But don't set your watch by that, it'll probably go dead. :roll:

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:14 am Reply with quote

Archive :

RoboDemise :
Playstation and their fucking controller.

Huh, what's wrong with it? Is this just a case of being used to a different systems controller, like Xbox?

It is the same controller that the original playstation had, with "dual rumbleshock". I have never liked it. If they wanted to make it great they should have put the left control stick where the d-pad is.

It is just my personal preference, I hate the controller... But I hate aftermarket crap controllers more. SO I'll stick with xbox.

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:52 am Reply with quote

PlayStation 4 in a couple years.

Anyway, I've grown up with the PlayStation line up.

Ever since the PlayStation 1, it's been PlayStation for me.

Even got an original PSP (Wi-Fi) is shot though.

For me, it's the controller. Fits in my hands and the layout is perfect for me (next to a keyboard and mouse).

Also, PlayStation exclusives (Uncharted) are awesome.

I'm just not ready yet. Sticking with PS3 for awhile.

First, need to build a new PC.

CREDITS 23

toaster baby-food game-xbox
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:56 am Reply with quote

Stan, maybe I'm a bit biased for the original X-Box since I softmodded the crap out of mine ... that, and it did have Ninja Gaiden.

But, I don't think buying a console at launch is ever a smart thing.

CREDITS 2802

razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :

But, I don't think buying a console at launch is ever a smart thing.

Ever since the Xbox360/PlayStation 3 era, it's never been smart because of hardware issues.

What gets me is the price.

Anyway, the only console I got around launch was the PSP. Still have it in my back pack. Just the Wi-Fi is shot.

CREDITS 23

toaster baby-food game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Computer and Videogames All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard