New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Current Television Shows
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:49 pm Reply with quote

I still have never seen Blacklist(I appreciate James Spader, so that seems checking out just for his performance alone), but my girlfriend is really into that and Dracula, along with Modern Family and Big Bang Theory.

I have fallen behind on season 2 of Arrow, but I hear it's getting even better. So I would like to catch up on that.

And I brought it up in the currently watching thread, and I don't care. I feel like a 13 year old kid nerding out for Bates Motel. I'm way too excited for the second season.

CREDITS 112

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote

Thank goodness for The Walking Dead. These Olympics have messed up things.

No Agents of SHIELD till March 4th (with a cliffhanger that ripped my heart out and I'm still traumatized).

No Community.

CREDITS 23

toaster baby-food game-xbox
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:33 pm Reply with quote

I've just got into watching the first few episodes of Breaking Bad and I spent most of my time watching Archer...and that's about it.

I know I can watch all the seasons on Netflix, but I want to buy the whole set on Blu-ray so bad.

CREDITS 13968

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Superquad7
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:15 am Reply with quote

My favorite show ever is over now (Breaking Bad), and I'm watching the following:

Justified
Mad Men
The Walking Dead
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
The Following
The Big Bang Theory

Justified is very well written. Interestingly enough, a few of my friends in college are from Harlan County (the setting of Justified). There have been several mentions from where I'm from in TN as well. This show is nearly almost as good as Breaking Bad, but it still can take some lessons from Vince Gilligan and company.

Mad Men is really great as well, though I have to admit that it can be a bit too slow at times. It's more of a character-driven show, anyways. It can be a bit thick as well.

The Walking Dead I'm watching, of course, and I really enjoy the show. Things were really helped once Lori was killed off. Way too many people hated on Carl, but you can't really fault him for being a kid. Lori, on the other hand, can certainly be faulted for being a pretty horrible mom at times. I'm glad the prison storyline is over, as I think that the last couple of episodes have been some of the best in a long time. I'm really excited to see where the show goes from here. Admittedly, I've never read any of the comics, but I keep my thumb on reading up on them after I watch an episode. In other words, I don't let the books spoil me on what's going on in the show.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is almost like the television version of this RoboCop remake - it's just kinda there. Honestly, I have always really loved Agent Colson. Otherwise, I'd not even be watching. The last few episodes have finally gotten this show out of mediocrity some. It's still got a long ways to go, though.

The Following has really gotten good this season. It's almost making up for some of the horrendous mistakes from season one. Much like AoS, I really only care about Kevin Bacon. He's always been one of my favorite actors, and I'd pretty much watch just about anything he's in.

The Big Bang Theory is an entertaining show. It's good for a few laughs. I've liked it much less ever since it's taken on this sort of Friends for nerds and geeks, though.

Oddly ehough, a few years ago I didn't even watch shows on television.

Notably, I've been watching The Dukes of Hazzard quite a bit, as it's always been one of my favorite shows.

CREDITS 1142

Scratch Card
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:19 am Reply with quote

Need to get back on The Walking Dead, I'm slipping on it big-time. Part of it is I don't like zombie shit. I do like apocalyptic/survival stuff though, go figure. :roll: But it is really good anyway, again, need to get back on it.

Arrow also looks good, I never really watched it though. My dad watches it regularly, that should tell me something..

The Following, yeesh.. I watched it intently for about 2/3rds of the first season, then stopped as it was pissing me off too damn much. Has it really improved enough to make up for that? Doubt it, besides I'm not that shot in the ass with Kevin Bacon anyway. Don't get me wrong, I like him plenty, but he's not one of my big favorites. Might have been part of my problem.

The Big Bang Theory - Don't really follow it, I agree it's kinda settling into this generation's 'Friends'.. Perhaps not a bad thing but also perhaps not a good thing either.. Still, it's ok here and there.

As for me, I've kind of gotten off TV stuff a lot recently. In addition to Walking Dead, I've also been lagging on Person Of Interest and Elementary and I really like those.. also wanted to check out Brooklyn Nine-Nine..

Criminal Minds, my favorite show, and painful as it is to say, it has gone really downhill the last year or two. Not much different than most cop shows anymore.. the highly-anticipated '200' episode was weak and rushed.. Guess it's showing its age now.. Bah.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
WeKilledYou

L-L4

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:26 pm Reply with quote

I never finished the first season of The Following either Stan. I remember I was pretty hooked for like the first 6 or 7 episodes. But then I to got pretty pissed with things on the show and my interest rapidly dwindled & faded away.

I've seen a bunch of season one of Mad Men, and that wasn't too bad. I could see watching more of that, I. Just have to specifically be in the mood for it.

I've seen little tidbits of Justified, but there's something about Tim Olyphant that irks me and seems to hinder the experience.

CREDITS 112

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:28 pm Reply with quote

I actually don't mind Olyphant so much, but Justified is one of those shows that's just been constantly under the radar for me.. Heard good things though.

Also should note I do keep up with Blue Bloods. I like a lot of the cast, Selleck of course but also Donnie Wahlberg, show still seems pretty solid to me. Some not-so-believable pieces here and there, but all told, always a worthwhile watch.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
WeKilledYou

L-L4

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:43 am Reply with quote

It's strange, I hated him in the Hitman movie, but I thought he was acceptable in Die Hard 4 hahaha. Maybe I should give Justified another chance? I can't remember much of it anyway.

CREDITS 112

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:34 pm Reply with quote

He was decent in Die Hard 4, despite the fact the movie was a turd (mostly). He did fairly good in a lot of smaller roles I saw him in though. Never watched Hitman, I've long since picked and choosed the game-based films I'll ever watch. tongue

Anybody here ever check out Revolution? That was one I kinda neglected to check out, as said I like the apocalyptic survival thing, but I think I procrastinated on it and just pushed it aside for some reason.. Can anybody give me any details?

CREDITS 2304

Superquad7
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:08 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Need to get back on The Walking Dead, I'm slipping on it big-time. Part of it is I don't like zombie shit. I do like apocalyptic/survival stuff though, go figure. :roll: But it is really good anyway, again, need to get back on it.

Arrow also looks good, I never really watched it though. My dad watches it regularly, that should tell me something..

The Following, yeesh.. I watched it intently for about 2/3rds of the first season, then stopped as it was pissing me off too damn much. Has it really improved enough to make up for that? Doubt it, besides I'm not that shot in the ass with Kevin Bacon anyway. Don't get me wrong, I like him plenty, but he's not one of my big favorites. Might have been part of my problem.

The Big Bang Theory - Don't really follow it, I agree it's kinda settling into this generation's 'Friends'.. Perhaps not a bad thing but also perhaps not a good thing either.. Still, it's ok here and there.

As for me, I've kind of gotten off TV stuff a lot recently. In addition to Walking Dead, I've also been lagging on Person Of Interest and Elementary and I really like those.. also wanted to check out Brooklyn Nine-Nine..

Criminal Minds, my favorite show, and painful as it is to say, it has gone really downhill the last year or two. Not much different than most cop shows anymore.. the highly-anticipated '200' episode was weak and rushed.. Guess it's showing its age now.. Bah.

I really don't care for zombie stuff much myself. TWD I've always liked for quite a few of the characters, plus I like seeing where they go. I tend to like post-apocalyptic things, too, but mainly this show it's the characters and each of their paths that keeps me coming back.

I've always been interested in the DC shows like Arrow and Smallville, but I just never got into 'em. I always enjoy Batman stuff, but I was never all that interested in DC anything else. That said, I really enjoy the Man of Steel movie, but that's a whole different topic.

I think if you followed the Following for that long, you should just see it through. Or cut your losses. Either way, I think you win out. This season is no masterpiece, but I really like where it's going.

I guess for me, I'd sworn off television for many years, and then I watched Breaking Bad. Mad Men set the standard, but Breaking Bad surpassed it. Now, every show has BrBa to live up to. That's fine by me, because it means that television has to aim high. That said, we still get the reality show drivel. I just don't have to watch it.

WeKilledYou :
I never finished the first season of The Following either Stan. I remember I was pretty hooked for like the first 6 or 7 episodes. But then I to got pretty pissed with things on the show and my interest rapidly dwindled & faded away.

I've seen a bunch of season one of Mad Men, and that wasn't too bad. I could see watching more of that, I. Just have to specifically be in the mood for it.

I've seen little tidbits of Justified, but there's something about Tim Olyphant that irks me and seems to hinder the experience.

For me, I guess I just saw that they certainly weren't going to just kill off Joe at the end of season one. His first exit was pretty cheap, though, regardless.

Mad Men has to strike me in the right mood as well. That'll change when new episodes come around, though. However, it's the one show I could just watch for set and costume designs alone.

You guys are really doing yourselves a disservice by not watching Justified. It's Olyphant's other roles that irk me now. He does an excellent job in this show.

CREDITS 1142

Scratch Card
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:02 pm Reply with quote

I don't really watch a lot of current TV shows.
The only two things I follow are the new TMNT show and the current season of Power Rangers - Super Megaforce.

TMNT is a mixed bag. Great character interaction, but they don't follow basic rules of storytelling (ending an episode on a plot-twist reveal and then not only not mention the twist AT ALL in the following episodes, but waiting QUITE a bit before they mention it). There are also some questionable choices about what they are showing (this coming from a guy who doesn't mind children watching RoboCop)... Like I said, a mixed bag, and unfortunately, it's not showing signs of improvement.

Power Rangers Super Megaforce is still in the beginning - only two episodes have aired so far. I HATE the fact that they didn't give any explanation to a few things most people expected them to... but still an enjoyable season so far, continuing the 20th anniversary celebration.

CREDITS 2802

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
WeKilledYou

L-L4

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:27 pm Reply with quote

TMNT, although I've seen maybe 15 episodes, just seemed really solid to me. Minus a lot of the stupid and cheap tie ins to social media, everything else seemed really good.

CREDITS 112

Meriandressial
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

schitsophrenk

Comment: Victory Goes To The Bold And The Wise

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:03 pm Reply with quote

There's nothing new of note on freeview.
Some stuff still going is ok to good still.

The Big Bang Theory is good, still.

Ghost Adventures in pick tv is a mix of new to freeview, but not new really, and the new series.
That is good.

Theres a silly thing on after it, were some idiots try and and solve crimes dead people did.
Like trying to find out who Jack the Ripper was from ghosts.

They do nothing but insult ghosts and have the ghosts walk out in disgust and/or attack them.

The Paranormal Witness on after, I hav'nt seen, but it's not new.

I wish Haunted Collector would come back. Sad I like that show.

CREDITS 499

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:20 am Reply with quote

I recently saw the first season of 'The Goldbergs' - best sitcom in YEARS!! I absolutely love it!!

CREDITS 2802

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard