New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

TMNT 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:17 am Reply with quote

A bit more on playsets:

Quote:
There were three movie sets from the Turtles movie: Turtle Van Takedown, Big Rig Snow Escape and The New Turtle Lair. The Turtle movie minifigs were on display and so close to the cartoon themed ones the design differences were obvious. They were certainly darker, literally darker, a darker shade of green and chunkier.

The Splinter figure was chunkier too and had shortened legs to make sure he stands lower than Turtle height. None of them looked too friendly either. You certainly won’t mistake the movie and TV versions of these characters.

I asked a little about and was told some things about the other sets that I didn’t get too good of a look at. One is a motorbike chase with Karai, another is a submarine set and there was also the Turtles’ T-Rocket too, but as far as I could tell, these were tie-ins to the show and not the movie.

Taken from http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=93258

Not sure about the non-friendliness... :roll:

CREDITS 746

Ed-260
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:53 pm Reply with quote

T-Rocket, Submarines and Karai definetely sound like they are for the TV Show toyline.
The rest, I wouldn't mind that much, as minifigures usually take a more stylized form and are likely not to reflect the final designs as much as the basic figures.
But it's weird, the movie comes out in 7 months and we don't have ANYTHING official...

CREDITS 2802

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:24 pm Reply with quote

Well, here's (sorta) our first look at the movie Turtles... it's actually a photo of the upcoming halloween costume

I'm not impressed, but it could work, but I am hoping that their faces won't look anything like they did in the "Out of the Shadows" game.

CREDITS 2802

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:51 am Reply with quote

Well surprise, surprise... the designs for the Turtles and Shredder have been leaked... and dare I say, they actually look good! Much better than what I was expecting:

They are slightly over-detailed I think, Shredder's costume worked better in the first two movies, but I can dig it. It works. And they seem to have removed the skull design of his mask that was leaked in concept art very early on (EDIT: now that I take a closer look, the skull motif is still there, though a bit elongated). Leo though is pretty much spot on with the concept art.

These bulkier turtles really remind me of "The Next Mutation" TV series.

CREDITS 2802

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:11 am Reply with quote

Hmmm, saw these earlier and you beat me to it RoboFan_93!

I must say I am very surprised, pleasantly surprised. Was very sceptical, but now I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Raph looks brilliant. Raph looks like a modern day Raph.
Mikey looks cool.
Leo I don't like. Reminds me of TMNT 3 costume.
Don not so sure either - how does he get all that tech in a sewer?

Though how do they create these four turtles from those 4 weedy actors? I've never seen them posing like Raph or having that hunch mean look. It's going to be interesting...

Shredder - as Mikey said in the first film "I bet he never has to look for a can opener"!
If this was a serious film, he could really be slicing those turtles apart!

Looking forward to seeing more.
This is really much more exciting that when we got our first glimpse of the black suit! Though, like Robo, this will never live up to the original.

CREDITS 746

Ed-260
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:35 pm Reply with quote

Promo poster for the movie (though I suppose an early one, as it carries the old logo, before they added the "Teenage Mutant" part to the title)

CREDITS 2802

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:16 pm Reply with quote

They look a bit odd but to be honest I'm not sure what I was expecting. I'm at least not disappointed.

I think the classic costumes looked a bit more friendly and cute while these new turtles looks kinda scary...? I wonder how it will look when these monsters start to talk and walk around. Will it be cool or freak us the hell out?

CREDITS 396

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:50 pm Reply with quote

At least they look similar to how they looked...

CREDITS 1689

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:51 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
They look a bit odd but to be honest I'm not sure what I was expecting. I'm at least not disappointed.

I think the classic costumes looked a bit more friendly and cute while these new turtles looks kinda scary...? I wonder how it will look when these monsters start to talk and walk around. Will it be cool or freak us the hell out?

I hope it does, kids need to be freaked out more these days anyway.

That said, these look alright to me. Not that I was expecting anything - I know dick about TMNT so I doubt I'll be disappointed much if at all. Just being honest here. :roll: At least Josh said it, they do look similar at least.

I agree with Archive though, seems to be a bit darker than the older stuff from what I remember. That might be a good thing though. Bah.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote

That poster is weird.
Not so much turtle power.

CREDITS 746

Ed-260
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:02 pm Reply with quote

Judging from the aisles on the side, I'd say this was taken at ToyFair. It's weird that the movie is less than 8 months away and the public hasn't been shown anything official.

CREDITS 2802

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:37 am Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
It's weird that the movie is less than 8 months away and the public hasn't been shown anything official.

It's not RoboCop, dude. tongue

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:22 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
RoboFan_93 :
It's weird that the movie is less than 8 months away and the public hasn't been shown anything official.

It's not RoboCop, dude. tongue

Laughing

Edd 209 :
That poster is weird.
Not so much turtle power.

Not a big Turtles fan (but I watched the films, some of the TV shows and read the original comics), but I think some of the elements of the new look of the turtles are... odd?

The glasses, for example. And am I the only one who thinks Michelangelo looks like a FEMALE turtle? Hmm, those lips... Embarassed

Shredder looks interesting. Like that "skull" elements on the mask. Legs look a little like robotic ones more than an armour, but we didn´t have too much material to compare. As Stan said, "this is not Robo".

CREDITS 102

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:45 am Reply with quote

The poster has made me lose interest now.

Original movie will never be rivalled.
They are going too human and too individual sterotyping for each character.

I say create four turtles all with red bandanas like how they were conceived. Or maybe it's hard to act with just your jaw? lol....

CREDITS 746

Ed-260
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard