New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

TMNT 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Meriandressial
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

schitsophrenk

Comment: Victory Goes To The Bold And The Wise

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:40 pm Reply with quote

I sort of want to see it. Not enough to waste money on it, but I am curious. I like TMNT.

I know it's bad in many ways. But still, curious about it.

CREDITS 499

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote

Upon a second viewing, a lot of the problems stuck out massively to me. The fight scenes are poorly choreographed particularly. They're meant to be ninjas.!Some films hold up well to a second viewing, or even you start to notice clever things you didn't the first time.

CREDITS 121

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:21 pm Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :
The fight scenes are poorly choreographed particularly. They're meant to be ninjas.!

Yeah, in this film they are just huge monsters with super human strength, the way they fight is anything but ninja.

In the 1990 they actually fought like far east martial artists, particuarly that scene when Raphael was ambushed by many foot clan members, or when Michelangelo showed his use of nunchucks, it really felt like a martial arts movie overall.

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:07 am Reply with quote

You know I have to step out of my youthful vision of the turtles for a second and not how it's interesting everyone, self included, is mad about the appropriation of the turtles and how they have changed so much from the iconic portrayal, but I imagine that's how fans of the original comic felt when it was turned into a children's cartoon that had almost none of the violence of satire of the original comic. The turtles have had a long life, and I don't think this will be the last interpretation of them we see. Hopefully the next one is a more imaginative take.

CREDITS 191

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Superquad7
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:33 am Reply with quote

I recently saw this, and it's not super-great, but it's not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. In fact, I think it's pretty decent. I really like the effort put into making each of them individuals. Megan Fox made a halfway decent April (and probably acted better than any other movie she's been in, for all that's worth).

It's very middle of the road at best.

As said, the turtles aren't really "ninja turtles." I can't really buy them as "teenagers" either, though in all fairness that aspect was downplayed quite a bit. They seem more like monsters that fight stuff.

The biggest problem I have is that the plot is pretty awful and everything can be seen a mile away. Philanthropist is really the bad guy? DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING.

Shredder was much cooler than I thought he'd be, even to the point of being nearly downright cool.

Eh, for me, it's just really hard to take something like this objectively, since it's something that so etched in me from all of the Mirage comics and such. It's a valiant attempt, but I greatly prefer the Nick cartoon for "modern" TMNT.

CREDITS 1142

Scratch Card
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard