New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

TMNT 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote

Is it me or is Donatello wearing Beats?

CREDITS 13968

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:55 am Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
artuditu :

Anyway I still say it is going to be a huge success, kids are gonna love the film which looks full of adventure, comedy and special effects. They are gonna love the personalities and emotions involved between brothers that have to ultimately help each other despite having their differences.

The thing is, I wouldn't take my kids to a Ninja Turtles movie where even the trailer features a joke about April O'Neil's...ASSets.
I seriously hope this isn't going to be a total disgrace like Transformers. It's got a lot of elements that are already disappointing, but I REALLY want to have fun with this movie.

Then go and have fun with it. It's not horrible, plus who knows, you may really like it. I just can't get over that dumb bitch in the lead. She is poison for any movie she is in for me anyway. Something about her bothers the shit out of me.

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:29 am Reply with quote

RoboDemise :
I just can't get over that dumb bitch in the lead. She is poison for any movie she is in for me anyway. Something about her bothers the shit out of me.

I feel the same way. It's not that she's the sole reason the movies with her suck, but I just can't stand even looking at her...

Turtles hits local theatres on August 22nd. Thinking of getting some buddies, putting on some bandanas and going to try to have fun with this. I'm not expecting classic Turtles fun, but heck, if it's watchable and gets a laugh from me, I suppose I won't complain too much.

I guess it's no surprise that a sequel has already been announced.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:46 pm Reply with quote

Some concept art images unveiled.

http://www.comicsblog.fr/20509-Des_concept_arts_inedits_pour_Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles

I like this one since you can see a much more grounded version of the turtles, not muscular-bodybuilders at all, even Raphael.

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:21 am Reply with quote

This only got released in the UK last week. Gotta say, nowhere near as bad as the critics made out. Loud, dumb but fun. Nowhere near as good as the 1990 or 2007 films, but miles better than The Secret Of The Ooze and Turtles In Time.

CREDITS 121

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:34 am Reply with quote

I wouldn't say it's better than any of the existing Turtles movies (though I'm a minority on liking TMNT 3, but hey, I grew up with it, nostalgia glasses and so on), but it was indeed quite fun at times.
It's a guilty-pleasure atleast.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:28 am Reply with quote

More unused concept art, including BEBOP, ROCKSTEADY and KRANG.

http://screencrush.com/ninja-turtles-concept-art-bebop-rocksteady-krang/

http://io9.com/is-this-concept-art-from-the-teenage-mutant-ninja-alien-1646079981

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote

Funny thing is that the concept art is actually by a fellow Bulgarian.
Those designes are definetely largely inspired by the 80s cartoon as it was a huge hit here, just like everywhere else and we weren't familiar with the Turtles' comic origins.
And the concept for Shredder is definetely superior to what we saw in the movie. Interesting to see that there's even a concept for him from the Col. Shraeder (or whatever it was) stage of the script.

CREDITS 2697

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:42 pm Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
I wouldn't say it's better than any of the existing Turtles movies (though I'm a minority on liking TMNT 3, but hey, I grew up with it, nostalgia glasses and so on), but it was indeed quite fun at times.
It's a guilty-pleasure atleast.

There is an admirable quality in TMNT3 in that they tried to do something different and with a bit more credibility than TMNT2 but upon watching them back a few years ago, I realised I still enjoyed TMNT2 more despite Vanilla Ice and a ridiculously resurrected Shredder. 3's got Corey Feldman and Elias Koteas returning though.

TMNT 2014 fails on the reboot front in terms of offering a new way in for viewers who aren't already fans. But as an old fan, I enjoyed it. And more laugh out loud moments than even Guardians Of The Galaxy.

CREDITS 121

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:20 pm Reply with quote

Box-office has been good but not spectacular so far. A little bit disappointing in the US where it did $180 million.

It just released now in big European markets Germany, France, Spain and UK, and soon will release in China, so it will probably reach $500 million worldwide, maybe $600m which would be very good.

CREDITS 947

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:32 pm Reply with quote

Sequel's greenlit already for 2016.

CREDITS 121

RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:10 am Reply with quote

As far as I remember, the sequel was greenlit a day after the US premiere. I'd say that's a financial success Very Happy
Still, it's gonna be a sequel - the origin's already been changed and it's not spectacular, and April will probably be just as annoying. But if the action is good, the laughs - solid and the easter eggs - plenty, I'd probably be willing to see it again.

I agree on Guardians, Jim. While I did enjoy that (though I wasn't blown away by it) it didn't make me laugh or shout "F' Yeah!" nearly as much as TMNT 2014.

CREDITS 2697

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:57 am Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
As far as I remember, the sequel was greenlit a day after the US premiere. I'd say that's a financial success Very Happy

The fact you say that is the proof of why they make those sequel announcements, to get attention and generate lots of buzz, and it works. Guardians of Galaxy also announced a sequel just before/right after release. Terminator has announced a trilogy even 1 year before T5 release!

Yet if the film was a failure (which TMNT wasn't, but we have still to wait how well it performs in China before calling it a big success) it is very easy to cancel those announced sequels, it has happened plenty of times with other movies.

Amazing Spider-Man 3 and 4 were announced for 2016 and 2018 and now have been delayed to unspecified dates, they also announced Venom and Sinister Six spinoff movies, and now have a fair chance of being in limbo. Amazing Spider-Man 2 made $700m yet Sony is worried because of the diminishing returns of the franchise and increasing negative reviews (plummetting in rotten tomatoes from 73% to 53% and in metacritic from 66 to 53), and that's why there are rumors going on now about a Sony-Marvel joint venture for Spiderman to be part of the Avengers.

CREDITS 947

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:04 pm Reply with quote

Finally saw it and I found it painfully bad. I think the trailers hinted a much better film, I expected a correct entertainment with some hits and misses, but the truth is the plot is lazy, extremely lazy, much more than Amazing Spider-Man 2. Megan Fox is just the opposite of what April O'Neal ever was. Will Arnett is supposed to bring humor and comic relief but he is completely disagreeable and unpleasant.

I still don't get what is all that equipment Donatello is carrying on the back despite being a ninja, not a single explanation. Neither I get what the foot clan is, a terrorist organisation without really ideological or political purpose or goal other than being bad. Oh, and Splinter learned Ninjutsu from a book he found in the sewer...

The world box-office probably will stay closer to $500m without reaching it. Good but a bit disappointing.

I would give it a 3/10 just because I respect the work of the animators, specially all the attention paid to the facial language of the turtles.

1990 film was far superior, they should have copied most of the plot structure.

CREDITS 947

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard