New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop 2014 - Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote

If you haven't seen the movie yet you should consider NOT browsing this topic.
If you choose to browse it anyway, you do it at your own device. Don't complain.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
thechief01
O-L3

O-L3

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:17 am Reply with quote

Found this short review of the new movie and from the sound of it, its everything I thought it would be, which is great because I am looking forward to seeing it and didnt want it to be total crap. You can read it for yourself here...

http://makingstarwars.net/2013/09/movie-review-robocop-2014/

RB 283

Arrofa
R-L5

R-L5

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:49 am Reply with quote

That's a review written in september.
Here they give it 3/5: http://www.colourlessopinions.com/2014/01/robocop-2014-review.html
In this other one, 3.5/5: http://www.todayonline.com/entertainment/movies/movie-reviews/robocop-355
On IMDB, it is rated 6.9 based upon 383 votations: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234721/
Always on IMDB, one review is quietly positive like the two above, and another one is negative.
Considering the hate that this film has suscitated, I wasn't expecting high votes from "normal" people. Instead, from professional reviewers it sounds like a just nice film, but it looses points because they constantly compare it to the original one.
I've always been optimistic for this reboot, and standing to the first impressions, it seems that I was right. Probably it's a good movie, and the first good thing about RoboCop after 27 years it's like gold to me.
In my country it will be out in theaters on 6th of February, so I have to wait just a week yet. Let's see...

RB 243

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:06 am Reply with quote

Is anyone going to review it by judging it on its own merits instead of comparing it to the 1987 version? They are two different films in most ways so I think its unfair to try and judge one on the other.

Also, I wouldn't take IMDb ratings with anything more than a huge pinch of salt. Now that voting is open as the film is out in some Asian countries, everyone can vote, which includes all the trolls who are on the IMDb forums posting shit. I imagine plenty of them voted it 1, despite them not having seen the movie yet. If it was just votes from the people in the countries that the movie was released in I'd say the overall total could be higher than it is, then again, it might not. But I'm pretty sure if you look at the breakdown of votes from location, a lot will be from American or European voters who can't have seen the movie yet and are just on the site to stir shit. How sad.

RB 18145

TWayne001
O-L5*

O-L5*

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:03 pm Reply with quote

Paddy :
Is anyone going to review it by judging it on its own merits instead of comparing it to the 1987 version? They are two different films in most ways so I think its unfair to try and judge one on the other.

Also, I wouldn't take IMDb ratings with anything more than a huge pinch of salt. Now that voting is open as the film is out in some Asian countries, everyone can vote, which includes all the trolls who are on the IMDb forums posting shit. I imagine plenty of them voted it 1, despite them not having seen the movie yet. If it was just votes from the people in the countries that the movie was released in I'd say the overall total could be higher than it is, then again, it might not. But I'm pretty sure if you look at the breakdown of votes from location, a lot will be from American or European voters who can't have seen the movie yet and are just on the site to stir shit. How sad.

You are 100% right. The troll votes bring it down no matter what. It's common with most new movies. We have to wait months until the imdb rating levels off, drown out the trolls and starts getting legitimate.

On another note, there is a 3rd robo suit confirmed for the end of the film! This makes me so flippin happy, I can only wonder what it looks like!

RB 627

TWayne001
O-L5*

O-L5*

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:22 pm Reply with quote

thechief01 :
Found this short review of the new movie and from the sound of it, its everything I thought it would be, which is great because I am looking forward to seeing it and didnt want it to be total crap. You can read it for yourself here...

http://makingstarwars.net/2013/09/movie-review-robocop-2014/

Keep in mind guys this review has *MAJOR SPOILERS! it's an entire outline of the movie scene by scene! Don't read it if you want to be surprised, but it is a very positive review.

RB 627

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:26 pm Reply with quote

Have you read it? Why ruin it for yourself? I certainly don't want to see or read anything like that.

Also, on checking IMDb, 77 people who voted towards the films ratig are US users and gave it an average score of 5.5. So, how did they all see the film? Or are they 77 of the trolls who managed to vote last night when voting opened? :roll:

RB 18145

thechief01
O-L3

O-L3

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:27 pm Reply with quote

The spoilers have been removed from this one by request, ive been dodging them as I dont want to spoil it Smile but it gives a nice buzz for the movie, aw this is to hard , gonna have to unplug the internet untill next Friday

RB 283

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:00 pm Reply with quote

Yep removed. I'm still keen to be spoiled Smile

RB 4892

Ed-260
TWayne001
O-L5*

O-L5*

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote

Ah okay, yea they were removed, great, I had that review awhile back with step by steps of the scenes haha. It sounded great to be honest.

That particular review was actually from a screening way back in September. I have the original spoiler review and read it all. I don't mind being spoiled at all haha. If there's a Robocop 2 then no spoilers for me, but often with origin films and remakes & such, I really don't care, especially concerning my favorite movie. I want to make sure it's good based on what I want, and prepare myself going if what I read is bad.

And with what I've read on this movie I'm getting what I want! ^_^

RB 627

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:20 pm Reply with quote

TWayne001 :
On another note, there is a 3rd robo suit confirmed for the end of the film! This makes me so flippin happy, I can only wonder what it looks like!

So is it right now - that there is actually going to be a suit uncovered at the end?

Will Ed get a make over too? Shocked

RB 4892

Ed-260
Arrofa
R-L5

R-L5

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:45 pm Reply with quote

Actually, at the end of the movie you find out that RoboCop is Alex Murphy.

RB 243

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:52 pm Reply with quote

Arrofa :
Actually, at the end of the movie you find out that RoboCop is Alex Murphy.

Wow, now that's a cliff-hanger. I would never have thought it.

RB 4892

Ed-260
TWayne001
O-L5*

O-L5*

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:58 pm Reply with quote

Edd 209 :
TWayne001 :

So is it right now - that there is actually going to be a suit uncovered at the end?

Will Ed get a make over too? Shocked

Haha yes.

I don't think the EDs will get a make over, other than a steady stream of bullets and punches from robo.

RB 627

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard