New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

How many versions of the same movie you bought?

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:34 am Reply with quote

I've been getting a bit obsessed with buying the same versions and editions of my favourite films, I've just started buying different editions of The Evil Dead series and now the Terminator series too...specifically Terminator 2.

I've been buying different versions of Terminator 2 because each DVD has different special features, content and easter eggs.

I originally had a Region 2 copy of the Ultimate Edition DVD which was almost identical to the Region 1 version, except that it only had the special edition version of the movie as well as no easter eggs. So I bought it just for that reason. Then there was the Extreme DVD which had both versions, but only had a few special features and a DVD-ROM. Finally there was the re-release DVD by Optimum Releasing, the worst version of the DVDs, it was just one disc with barely any features, there was the director's commentary and that's it.

I'm just missing the Skynet Edition Blu-Ray and I'm done. I'm not even going to bother hunting down the Laserdisc versions. I've already spent too much money on this.

CREDITS 13968

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:58 am Reply with quote

I rarely buy more than one copy, except if it's an upgrade from VHS to DVD. Special Features aren't always worth the full price, so if there's something I really want, I'll try to get it used or wait for a price drop.

CREDITS 3040

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:18 pm Reply with quote

Sometimes I bought more than one edition (I like extras). So I have The Blues Brothers 3 times (the first DVD release, the 25th Anniversary DVD imported from USA and the 25th edition on steelbox). As for Robo, have the trilogy and then the 25th Anniversary edition on DVD.

CREDITS 102

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
gez1967
drop it . dead or alive your coming with me

L-L3

Comment: looking for me

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:36 pm Reply with quote

I have them all it must be in the robo blood, vhs, vhs box set , dvd singles then box set, then blue ray then blue ray box set now the new blue ray, all the cartoons, and once the new one comes out ill have that one to

CREDITS 578

robocop3-gunarm ultra1 dc-superman VoorHees-Mask ultra5 remake1 transformers-icon1 batman-Batmobile
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote

gez1967 :
I have them all it must be in the robo blood, vhs, vhs box set , dvd singles then box set, then blue ray then blue ray box set now the new blue ray, all the cartoons, and once the new one comes out ill have that one to

I have the VHS boxset somewhere, it has the Robo 2 cover. And I remember it has "The Last Action Hero" trailer before RoboCop 3. Smile

CREDITS 102

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:53 am Reply with quote

I've got like 2 different DVD versions of RoboCop and 3 different DVD versions of Terminator 2 Judgement Day. Both of them have different features though (T2 Ultimate is like jam packed with info and videos).

CREDITS 409

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard