New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop 2014 - Deleted Scenes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:06 pm Reply with quote

Something happened in the production of RoboCop 2014 towards the end, because there were a lot of re-shoots and scenes being cut in the final third act.

We know the ending scene with Murphy, wife and son was one, if not the last, extra scene shot back in Nov 2013. And here we have an entire alternate scene with Sellars talking to the press, Robo arriving and then Mattox appearing.

This picture is pieced together from the B roll footage, video filmed by a fan and a trailer.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Diegoeichan
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:16 pm Reply with quote

so...what's the part that robo says "dead or alive" line in the final cut of the movie?
does he do that "fancy move" with his gun in the movie like in the original as well?

RB 260

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:33 pm Reply with quote

Oh man, this looks like it could've been a good scene. Hope we get some extras on the DVD, maybe even an extended cut.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:02 pm Reply with quote

I recall the second to last pic 'dead or alive, you're coming with me' was the one used at the end of the theatrical trailer.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Yarbles
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:05 pm Reply with quote

I was talking to a friend of a friend a few months ago who was an extra in the film. He said the entire ending of the movie was completely redone and they had to come back for extensive reshoots. I'm sure this factored into the delay from the original August release to February.

I'm finally seeing the film when it opens at midnight tonight in Los Angeles.... still interested to see what the original ending was supposed to be and what was lacking/wrong about it to cause it to be redone.

RB 3527

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:08 pm Reply with quote

Interesting. That could explain why the ending feels a bit rushed and unfocused at parts.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:17 pm Reply with quote

This was probably supposed to be the ending, but was changed to the rooftop scene instead, the fight with the ED-209's to help give a bit more action to the film building up to its climax and also a reason for the black suit to be scrapped and for him to back to being silver.

RB 17167

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:55 am Reply with quote

I am sure there are loads of scenes that are cut. Just reading Padilha's interviews he talks about so many ideas that are only touched upon or missed in the final movie. I'm hoping for a few extras on the DVD release or a directors cut.

*SPOILER HERE*
Re "Dead or Alive..." I was waiting for that scene all movie. But the actual 'Dead or Alive..." we got at the end I really liked. It was very inkeeping with the whole 'reboot' concept and a subtle freshness to the line. It's amazing how it can be said differently and Kinnaman pulled it off well.

RB 4892

Ed-260
robodisciple
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:47 pm Reply with quote

Here's something strange I noticed how when they had first showed the rating for the film and the calculated time of the film. The first run time of the film that I saw online was 121 minutes. Then about a week ago I noticed the run time had changed to 117 minutes. Now if you look on IMDb the films run time shows 108 minutes......so yeah there had to have been a lot of editing in post production and I hope that at least a director's cut version of the film will be available on the blu ray release because it felt like that some of the scenes were rushed (especially the action scenes). And who knows maybe we will get an unrated cut that will add in some more of that much needed violence that felt so missed by myself and I'm sure by A LOT of other Robo fans. Crying or Very sad

RB 115

game-xbox
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote

I did wonder if the 'Dead or alive...' line was filmed especially for the trailer. Blockbusters sometimes film a trailer moment, so that the actual use of the catchphrase isn't spoilt in the final film. They did a similar thing for Die Hard With A Vengeance.

One brief scene that was part of the reshoots was the bit where Norton phones Jae. I remember a shot in the press of Gary Oldman in that location. Norton does such a good job of convincing Sellars in the previous scene that without that short bit, I would have thought he genuinely agreed with Sellars.

Certainly, Abbie Cornish tweeted a 'wrap' picture of herself with the young actor who plays David and Robo in silver.

Also, does anyone recall early on - when they announced Jack Lewis - they said there would be a subplot involving him getting close to Clara. That actually would make perfect sense, and be interesting to explore in the sequel especially since Michael K Williams gets so little screen time. But maybe it was the right thing to cut that for this film, as I think for Robo has lost enough for one movie. To see his partner enter a relationship with his wife might have just been too depressing?

A few people have said the third act feels rushed. I'd say maybe more formulaic. But to be honest, any film I see - big budget or independent - no matter how original, the third act almost always slips into tried-and-tested ending. And sometimes if it doesn't, you feel it doesn't work. I feel the running time of 2 hours was just right. I always feel if the extended cuts of Aliens and Terminator 2 were the first cuts I'd seen, I wouldn't love those films as much because they felt like a rollercoaster the first time. If I'd seen the Director's Cut of Aliens first, I'd have thought it was too slow. Really REALLY hope there is a Director's Cut on Blu-ray.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Selma
O-L1*

O-L1*

Comment: Stay human

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:13 pm Reply with quote

robodisciple :
Here's something strange I noticed how when they had first showed the rating for the film and the calculated time of the film. The first run time of the film that I saw online was 121 minutes. Then about a week ago I noticed the run time had changed to 117 minutes. Now if you look on IMDb the films run time shows 108 minutes......so yeah there had to have been a lot of editing in post production and I hope that at least a director's cut version of the film will be available on the blu ray release because it felt like that some of the scenes were rushed (especially the action scenes). And who knows maybe we will get an unrated cut that will add in some more of that much needed violence that felt so missed by myself and I'm sure by A LOT of other Robo fans. Crying or Very sad

The german version, i have seen, had 118 Minutes. Maybe every country has other cuts, for holding that 'childfriendly rating'?
But you are right. That is bad, when you see that the time changes that way.

Those pictures looks interesting. I hope they will put them on the Blue-Ray/DVD as an alternative scene?

RB 199

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:15 pm Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :
Also, does anyone recall early on - when they announced Jack Lewis - they said there would be a subplot involving him getting close to Clara. That actually would make perfect sense, and be interesting to explore in the sequel especially since Michael K Williams gets so little screen time. But maybe it was the right thing to cut that for this film, as I think for Robo has lost enough for one movie. To see his partner enter a relationship with his wife might have just been too depressing?

I think in that early script it was implied Robo building process took much more time, I don't remember if a year or maybe 2 or 3. But since in the movie there is a letterbox telling you it takes 3 months I think there is no way that subplot could ever happen, the character of Clara would receive a very negative reaction from the audience.

But maybe that was what happened, they filmed that subplot and decided it was so negative (specially for children/teens) that they needed to change all the ending and make a happy family reunited ending. Maybe that OmniCorp bitch was aware of the affair and threatens Clara about it.

Anyway from all we knew about the movie during its production, I really expected something like a 140 minutes film to fit all they wanted to tell.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:12 pm Reply with quote

Itīd be nice to hear that the home editions would have a different/extended cut, as I felt like the movie has a lot of cuts.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:56 am Reply with quote

artuditu :
JimWantsAliens :
Also, does anyone recall early on - when they announced Jack Lewis - they said there would be a subplot involving him getting close to Clara...

I think in that early script it was implied Robo building process took much more time, I don't remember if a year or maybe 2 or 3. But since in the movie there is a letterbox telling you it takes 3 months I think there is no way that subplot could ever happen, the character of Clara would receive a very negative reaction from the audience.

But maybe that was what happened, they filmed that subplot and decided it was so negative (specially for children/teens) that they needed to change all the ending and make a happy family reunited ending. Maybe that OmniCorp bitch was aware of the affair and threatens Clara about it.

Anyway from all we knew about the movie during its production, I really expected something like a 140 minutes film to fit all they wanted to tell.

Agreed - I think storytelling-wise, you've got to look at each character and what their 'journey' is to an extent, and you've got multiple characters so you can't complicate it too much. I know we shouldn't be thinking about sequels, but you're right - we'd come out of the first movie and hate Clara and Lewis if that happened in the first movie. However, if it's done right, it could work next time.

Does anyone know if the leaked script is online anywhere? I avoided it at the time it leaked but I'd be interested to read it now I've seen the final film.

Also, after my repeat viewing this evening, I notice the scene after Norton leaves Sellars asking for "full funding", there's approximately 20 mins until the end. We know the scene immediately after was done in pick-ups so I wonder if that's the point from where a different ending was decided on.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard