New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop 2014 - Deleted Scenes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:27 am Reply with quote

Archive :

The reason they did not include this and the before mentioned press conference scene on the blu-ray is no doubt that they never finished any of the CG FXs for it.

You'd think for a $120 million budget (originally $60 million) they'd be able to render those.

I know CGI is complex but this shows that the producers couldn't decide on what to do.

RB 283

toaster baby-food game-xbox
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:42 pm Reply with quote

razgriz21 :
Archive :

The reason they did not include this and the before mentioned press conference scene on the blu-ray is no doubt that they never finished any of the CG FXs for it.

You'd think for a $120 million budget (originally $60 million) they'd be able to render those.

I know CGI is complex but this shows that the producers couldn't decide on what to do.

I don't think so. It's possible Padhila just came up with a different ending. The behind-the-scenes featurette says in the script Robo 'became' the bike, but Padhila thought that jarred with his real-world approach. It's one thing sympathizing with a cyborg. Trying to sympathize with a motorcycle is probably a step too far for me.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:03 am Reply with quote

Wait?

Robocop was going to become.....a bike?

Thank goodness that didn't happen.

RB 283

toaster baby-food game-xbox
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:00 pm Reply with quote

Reminds me of that Lady GaGa album where she is the bike. The thought of it alone is so stupid. If that actually was what happened at the climax of the film, I'd have got up and left right then and there.

RB 17167

RoboDave
O-L5*

O-L5*

OCP POLICE 075

Comment: A sane man, in an insane world

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:51 am Reply with quote

no what they meant was the bike was gonna form around his body kinda like extending his armor.

RB 696

delorean-car
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:30 am Reply with quote

I expect a RoboCop Legacy or RoboCop Evolution box set will appear in 2015 with the current DVD/Blu-Rays of all four theatrical films.

Then maybe in 2016 we'll get a Special Edition of RoboCop 2014 (and hopefully 2 & 3) with the remaining deleted scenes and a commentary.

Funny, I bought Her on DVD and there's no commentary on that either. Although in the UK, we didn't get a commentary on The Avengers. (Or Avengers Assemble as it was retitled here.)

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard