New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Vote RoboCop (2014) !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

RoboCop (2014)
10 - Masterpiece
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
9 - Excellent
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
8 - Very Good
20%
 20%  [ 16 ]
7 - Good
26%
 26%  [ 21 ]
6 - Interesting
16%
 16%  [ 13 ]
5 - Mediocre
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
4 - Bad
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
3 or less - Really bad
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]

Total Votes : 78

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
40,000 more people voted in IMDB (an increase of 50%) since last time I checked back in June. Rating is stable now, it just went down a decimal to 6.3

Metacritic scores 52% (the original 1987 film is 67%).

Rotten Tomatoes shows 48% (the original 88%).

What about you guys? Would you change your vote after all these months? I feel most fans here have become increasingly critical with the remake.

I still haven't watched it for a second time but right now I would still keep my 6 out of 10 vote. Interesting approach with dynamic directing but big screenplay flaws.

I've watched it only twice. I fear more will make a lower rating rather than higher, perhaps not but lets just say I'm not in a huge hurry to watch it again.. Still gonna stick with my 6 rating also.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:33 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :

I've watched it only twice. I fear more will make a lower rating rather than higher, perhaps not but lets just say I'm not in a huge hurry to watch it again...

Yeah, I've only seen the shitty in theater bootleg so far. I do plan on seeing it again, but, like, maybe a few years from now once I've forgotten about it enough...because like Stan, I can't ever see myself liking it more on repeated viewings...it simply doesn't have the necessary depth.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Bauc
O-L4

O-L4

Comment: Dead or Alive you are comming with me

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:23 am Reply with quote

I tired to watch it for a second time.....I've ended up jumping scenes from one to another and the whole experience lasted no more than 20-25 minutes, therefore I'm not planning to watch it again any time soon....maybe not in this decade Very Happy

RB 449

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:34 am Reply with quote

I think I gave it a 7 originally. I'd probably give it a 5 or a 6 now depending on my mood. Having let the excitement of it all die down for a while, I can give a more objective opinion now and whilst it does have some moments and ideas, the film really isn't that great and I can't say I'd be in a huge rush to watch it myself any time soon.

RB 17167

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote

Paddy :
I think I gave it a 7 originally. I'd probably give it a 5 or a 6 now depending on my mood. Having let the excitement of it all die down for a while, I can give a more objective opinion now and whilst it does have some moments and ideas, the film really isn't that great and I can't say I'd be in a huge rush to watch it myself any time soon.

Pretty much sums up how I feel about it.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:47 pm Reply with quote

Another (surprising) statistical detail I just realized and I don't know how to think or feel about it...

According to imdb Robocop (1987) and Robocop (2014) would have been watched (voted really) by the same amount of people!

RoboCop (1987) 157,187 votes
RoboCop (2014) 154,117 votes

How is it possible that a famous and highly praised sci-fi/action classic film from 25 years ago has the same number of votes as its poorly received remake from just 1 year ago!?

Maybe the original Robo is not as famous as we assumed? Or just younger generations (and Chinese?) vote more today? Maybe just a lot of people watched RoboCop 2014 (not at theaters, definitely)? Or just few people care about the 1987 film today? Or maybe it's all put together...

Just to compare:

Conan the Barbarian (1982) ‎102,891 votes
Conan the Barbarian (2011) ‎76,448 votes

Total Recall (1990) ‎212,420 votes
Total Recall (2012) ‎181,702 votes

The Thing (1982) 218,702 votes
The Thing (2011) 84,317 votes

Predator (1987) 256,161 votes
Predators (2010) 155,262 votes

The Terminator (1984) 495,423 votes
Terminator Salvation (2009) 248,146 votes

Die Hard (1988) 506,231 votes
A Good Day to Die Hard (2013) 146,249 votes

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) ‎557,851 votes
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) 289,545 votes

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:33 pm Reply with quote

RoboCop is certainly still something more of a 'cult' film, and not really something I have, either before or now, considered really 'famous', definitely not in comparison to Arnie films, Die Hard, Indy and the like. Those movies are huge. RoboCop never did and to me, likely never will, compare to those, for a number of reasons.

That said, I think it's mostly a case of more younger people voting on more recent shit, they see it these days and can immediately vote or comment on it on the net - Older films, unless they're real popular, don't get quite that same consideration. And by popular I mean still well-exhibited - RoboCop still is not something well in the public eye. The reboot put it out there a bit more but that was fleeting; in the overall spectrum there may be only a marginal increase in awareness of the original.

Furthermore, RoboCop has another handicap in terms of exposure - Certain movies and/or sets of movies never seen to be exhibited much on home media in terms of access (never see DVDs/Blu-Rays of them in stores most times and it isn't on streaming media too much) nor on TV (even high-cable channels). RoboCop, and indeed the majority of Verhoeven films for that matter, definitely fall into that for the most part. Why I don't fuckin' know but I think it may be something that factors in.

Despite all of that, I'm rather glad of our 'cult' status, I feel a lot of the power and allure of what the film is, was, and forever will be would be diminished in some way if it was more popular. While the movie has something in there that almost anyone can find that they enjoy or are intrigued by, The movie really isn't for everyone, at least I never thought so.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Slash Man
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Stay out of trouble.

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:57 pm Reply with quote

^Despite being a cult film, word of mouth and merchandising did wonders for the series (well, mainly the first). I only recently watched the film in its entirety, but I remember RoboCop being a big name when growing up in the 90s.

On the topic of the reboot, it never "clicked" with me. It seemed to have the full Hollywood treatment, but I was never enthralled in it like I was the original. I give them points for re-imagining the concept, but it just seemed like the characters weren't as memorable (which was HUGE in the original).

RB 730

hamburger
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:47 pm Reply with quote

2 years since the last update.

40,000 more votes on IMDB (totalling 190,000)
6.2/10 rating (another decimal down)

Also interesting, 1987 film has also added 40,000 more votes, so they are still almost tied.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Comment: There will be trouble!

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:55 pm Reply with quote

I think I voted 8 at the time. Have watched it around 15 times and I'd still give it a 7.5 maybe.
I don't ever compare it to the original though.
It's definitely one of the better remakes.

RB 787

game-xbox
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:41 am Reply with quote

Compared to what?..

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:00 pm Reply with quote

Total recall, nightmare on Elm Street, or Turtles for example.

RB 787

game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:08 pm Reply with quote

Fummelcop :
Total recall, nightmare on Elm Street, or Turtles for example.

Even if is a better remake than those (debatable indeed) that ain't sayin' much in that crowd. Like saying blueberry flavored shit is better than cherry flavored. Still shit either way.

I still don't see it being good leaning to very good as you've voted it. Didn't then, and don't now. If anything I too myself would at this point downgrade my vote a half point as well. Given I gave it a 6 and that was being quite generous - I didn't find it actually 'interesting' as proffered just maybe a tad better than mediocre - That would make it 5.5 would for me would be much more honest. Mediocre, maybe leaning to fair or 'interesting' on some level.

RB 52679

Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:43 am Reply with quote

I like it better, because it is RoboCop flavoured shit.
To me, this is the third best RoboCop movie/show.
It's not really a good movie and the design of the armor,
especially the unmasked head sucks, but when you are a
fan of an old 80's movie character, you can't be too picky.

RB 787

game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard