New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Which RoboCop NES game was the best?

Which RoboCop NES game was the best?
RoboCop 1
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
RoboCop 2
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
RoboCop 3
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
RoboCop Vs Terminator (even though it wasn't released)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:53 am Reply with quote

Granted each game had their flaws, but each game must've had something good about them.

Take the first RoboCop game for instance, sure it didn't look all that great, but it did stay true to the source material and the story.

The second one may have been weak, the levels weren't exactly the best, but I guess there was some charm to it...like the graphics were okay.

The third one may have been slightly better, like how Murphy got damaged, it affected the gameplay. Also the music was pretty cool too.

Ok, I honestly don't think there's anything good to say about the NES version of 'RoboCop Vs Terminator', although I had to feature it in the poll because it is a prototype anyways...or a ROM...either way.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:11 am Reply with quote

RoboCop 2 was an abomination.. it has no charm, no joy, no hope really. Only thing I got out of it was a bad experience and pain in eyes from the constant gaudy colors.

RoboCop was just hard for me to play, control was slightly better than R2 but thats not saying much. And thats about it for me really, except I didn't like all the dog attacks at the start.. Bah.

Haven't played RvsT, but I haven't really heard it was all that great from those who did play it in whatever form they could. I actually think you could have skipped it since it didn't get released, but whatever.

Anyway, all-told, between those choices, R3 is probably the only choice for me. It wasn't that hard, didn't look that goofy, and I actually had something like fun playing it. Plus the music was damn good.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:17 am Reply with quote

The first game as far as I know was the only game that played a rendition of the RoboCop theme (Rock Shop) and the MediaBreak theme.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:35 am Reply with quote

The first NES game is quite good in my opinion. The difficulty is just right (considering I beat the game even as a kid), the levels represent key scenes from the movie, the graphics were decent and the overall gameplay was enjoyable.

RoboCop 2... it's a mixed bag. You can get some enjoyment of it if you're into hard games. It had some really good pixel art in the cutscenes and title screen (well, minus the ending picture) and some decent music here and there. The graphics, while detailed, are a bit too bright for a RoboCop game in my opinion and Robo himself seems a bit chubby. Oh, and ED-209 was green for some reason. I really liked the shooting range - it looked much better than what was in the original game. The ending sucks ass!

RoboCop 3 was a game I didn't like at all as a kid, but it has certainly grown on me. The spirtes are large and fairly detailed, the music is fantastic and it too follows scenes from the movie well. The gameplay is decent and if you know where all the power-ups are, it's not that difficult of a game either. I loved the fact that you get to choose what parts to fix in the Repair Lab and damage to different areas caused various malfunctions to Robo. Yes, it can be frustrating when you're in the middle of a battle and Robo freezes, but still, it shows some thought and effort was put into it. The ending however sucks.

Overall, all 3 of these games are definetely NOT among the worst movie-to-game adaptations. While RoboCop 2 is quite a bit on the frustrating side, R1 and R3 are decent gaming experiences and are a good way to kill an hour or two.

RoboCop vs The Terminator is also not that bad. The graphics could've been better considering it's late development, but they do the job and it's a completely playable game. Much worse NES titles have been released. Still, nowhere near as good as the 16-bit versions, though I find it superior to the released GameBoy game.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:26 pm Reply with quote

I chose Robo 1. It reminds me of the original Spectrum/PC game (but the computer one was better).

Robo 2 looked like the Darkman videogame but with Robo sprites. Difficult as hell and not very fun.

I didnīt play Robo 3 in ages, but donīt remember I was too excited about it.

As for Robo VS Terminator, the 16 bit versions beat it. Graphics are pretty bad, and music was annoying.

RB 11986

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:46 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Robo 2 looked like the Darkman videogame but with Robo sprites. Difficult as hell and not very fun.

Mephisto :
Play Darkman for NES also made by this company. Looks like the same Goddamn game. Except of course you play Peyton "Crispy" Westlake instead of RoboBlue.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:54 pm Reply with quote

I played the first game a lot as a kid and actually managed to complete it, which isn't something I can say for the other NES Robo games.

Overall though I'd say all three NES games are difficult to play these days (without cheats) and nowhere near anything I'd call fun.

RB 348711

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:58 pm Reply with quote

The third game isn't that hard at all to me really.. part of that might be the lack of time limit though, which is a pisser on the other two games. Plus I found the control a bit better than the others (when you aren't damaged that is). Also thought the music was nice.

The second was painful even with an emulator and instant save states, just the colors alone made it horrid to even look at. Control.. what control? :roll: I actually kinda liked the target practice parts, when I had to do them. Plus I found RoboCAIN easy to beat surprisingly. Music was ok though too. In fact I can't say any of the games had truly horrible music, thinking about it now.

The first I played sparingly.. what I did play of it gave me a good bit of trouble though. Might see if I can load up the old ROM and hit again on the other comp.. Next year. tongue

RB 52679

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard