New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop VS Terminator - Remastered Comic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:19 am Reply with quote

That's awesome!! I'm assuming all these extras are in the Gallery Edition right? The only other concern I have is that I've had problems with the way Dark Horse bounds their books before... the content is clearly top notch if the construction does to i might have to get my hands on it.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:13 pm Reply with quote

That is an awesome image there, man if I could just get someone to buy one or more of these editions for me.. Bah. tongue

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:14 pm Reply with quote

Got a mail today saying that mine is already shipped. Canīt wait to get it on my hands Smile

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:37 pm Reply with quote

A preview of the Gallery edition: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/09/get-rid-of-your-furniture-and-get-the-robocop-vs-terminator-gallery-edition-from-dark-horse/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:15 pm Reply with quote

Bah, if only I had any real furniture to pawn!

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:25 am Reply with quote

I'd buy these in a heart beat for my bookshelf

RB 283

toaster baby-food game-xbox
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:33 am Reply with quote

I just got my Gallery edition today. I've barely cracked it open but it's awesome!

RB 1658

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:00 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
I just got my Gallery edition today. I've barely cracked it open but it's awesome!

Pictures man!

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:29 pm Reply with quote

Iīm happy with my hardcover edition. I didnīt have a problem with the colouring (I donīt remember too much the original one, but it looks they updated it without being so different, like in "The Killing Joke"), and itīs good to have some "extras" at the end of the comic.

RB 10830

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:08 am Reply with quote

Josh :
RoboPimp :

Pictures man!

I'll try to get some better pics and stuff when I've got more time (I've only read one issue so far), but here's a quick peek of it sitting in my room:

RB 1658

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:12 pm Reply with quote

My hardcover arrived Tuesday.

It's so fucking beautiful.

The first Robo comic in hardback I believe. God, it's beautiful. A level of care on a product that we generally don't get as Robo fans.

A great new illustration on the dust cover, a different illustration underneath, some quotes from big comics players like Dave Gibbons, Steven Grant's affectionate foreword rightfully bigging up one of the proudest moments of the franchise when a lot of other things in it seemed to be dwindling, top quality paper that smells nice (sorry I know I'm a freak).

Smells aside, the art looks gorgeous on that paper and the colouring is solid.

All the original covers without text (even reproductions of the card cut-outs - the T-800 and ED-209 make me want to tear them out of the book and frame them on my wall.)

Some interesting early sketches too. Really interesting idea for a picture based on the classic original RoboCop poster.

It's a shame when you see the last page - advertising other Terminator titles available and nothing for RoboCop.

I can't confess to knowing all the ins and outs of comic rights publishing (I know BOOM reprinted the Avatar series Frank Miller's RoboCop as 'RoboCop Volume One' with some bonus sketches that Avatar didn't.) ... However, I notice BOOM! are responsible for the deluxe RvT remasters too.

This gives me hope that the long-promised still-on-pre-order Dark Horse Omnibus might appear sometime soon. The extensive extras BOOM seem to lavishing upon us here show they seem to be committed at least to aiming to give us something of quality and here they've excelled themselves. Something that can sit at the top of the Forbidden Planet chart ahead of all the Marvel/DC stuff and deservedly so.

Of course, this is in no small part due to Frank Miller and Walter Simonson as well.

I'm off to smell my hardcover. Not a euphemism.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:23 pm Reply with quote

Well, this was definatley money well spent. I love the new colors, it makes the comic look brand new.

RB 853

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:12 pm Reply with quote

I gave in and ordered the Gallery edition as well. Apparently it's been dispatched.

RB 2943

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:49 pm Reply with quote

My Gallery Edition arrived. I'm speechless.

RB 2943

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard