New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboFan... for how many years?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:32 pm Reply with quote

I take offense too calling Robotjox bad sci fi...It's cheesey Sci Fi!...And i love it..

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
robodisciple
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:17 am Reply with quote

Pretty much all my life lol! lets see i was almost a year old when the first robocop came out in '87. But according to my dad i saw it for the first time when I was like 2 years old(of course i dont remember it). But i do remember at that age having those robocop ultra police figures. Ahh memories....

RB 115

game-xbox
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:38 am Reply with quote

I've been a fan since it came out in '87. Didn't catch it in theaters but saw it for the first time when it was released on VHS (you know - in the days when stores existed where you could go to rent such things tongue)

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
Rascal
R-L1

R-L1

Comment: United Kingdom

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quote

1987 with the first movie for me - so 26 years now! That's a LONG time I guess lol Smile

RB 32

Silicon Knight
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 am Reply with quote

Ever since around 1990 when I saw the original on VHS. Unfortunately I was too little to see it in theaters in 1987. But then, I saw RoboCop 2 in a cinema, and I was just 9 years old in 1991.

RB 248

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:03 pm Reply with quote

Pah! You're all old!

I was 3 when the first movie was in cinemas and 6 when the second one was out. I remember seeing RoboCop on TV one night when I was 8 or 9 and it was the infamous ITV edit that was so tame it could have been broadcast during the day (and I believe they did once on a Saturday afternoon). I instantly fell in love and didn't even care about the obvious edits. I found RoboCop and RoboCop 2 on sale on VHS in our local supermarket for just a few £ (as it was back then, it's € now!) so I snapped them up. The lady at the counter didn't even question this 9/10 year old boy buying 18 rated videos....!

Then I was reading the in store magazine from our local video shop which had a "coming soon" page where by chance I noticed the cover for RoboCop 3 and I rejoiced! I couldn't wait. I told my dad that it was coming out and we would have to rent it. I remember watching it and thinking "hmm, this is a bit strange... something's different". Then I realised there was a new actor and a different tone, no violence or swearing. I was quite disappointed. It has been shown on TV probably 2 or 3 times in the last 15 odd years, way less than RoboCop 1 and 2 get shown, but they haven't been on in years either. I'm guessing with the reboot out in a few months the original 3 will be dusted off and re-shown. That usually happens on TV here when a sequel or remake is released in the cinemas, the original or previous instalment is shown to get good viewing figures. Hopefully this time they are shown they'll get a HD airing too.

RB 18145

RoboSteve
O-L3

O-L3

Comment: Principal Security Director, OCP.

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote

I was too young to see the 1st one to be honest - I remember watching it at a friends' house on VHS at the age of 7 or 8 and being blown away by the violence. That would have been 1991 - 1992.
The actual image of Robocop without his helmet on scared the crap out of me at that tender age, the infamous death scene was quite haunting too!
I saw Robocop 2 with my elder brother around 1995, then Robo 3 not much after that. Kinda grew up with him to be honest.

RB 41

Silicon Knight
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote

Paddy :
Pah! You're all old!

I was 3 when the first movie was in cinemas and 6 when the second one was out.

So, born in '85 to be 6 years old in 1991. 3 years younger, you're not exactly a baby either! tongue1

RB 248

Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:32 pm Reply with quote

Born in '84 actually, and the second movie came out in 1990, not 1991. tongue

I'm young enough, leave me alone! I need an adult! I NEED AN ADULT!

RB 18145

Silicon Knight
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:52 pm Reply with quote

You're right, but where I live it came in early '91, and somehow that year stuck into my head for Robo2. In those years the release of films had a bit of "lag" across different parts of the globe, lol.

RB 248

ROBOTCOP
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: joined back in 2002 . forgot password. rejoined

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:00 am Reply with quote

Since the start . Saw robocop in the cinema in Glasgow .. Remember it getting an applause when it was finished .. Then got a hansing suit as soon as they were available .. Smile

Alex

"Dead or Alive you are Selling to Me "

RB 495

robocop-helmet ultra1
GRBmusic
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:06 pm Reply with quote

I've been a Robo fan since 1989, the first time I saw the 1st movie. In 1993, I was shocked when I first saw the "brain removing scene" (again, I was just 8 at the time). After that I've been a Robo freak (don't know why it took me so long to join the forum).

RB 25

GRBmusic
R-L1

R-L1

Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:08 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
I take offense too calling Robotjox bad sci fi...It's cheesey Sci Fi!...And i love it..

I think that RobotJox is great!

RB 25

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:39 pm Reply with quote

Huh, I didn't actually post how long I was a fan? Confused

Well anyway, earliest I can really remember seeing Robo was when I was 6/7 or so, so I guess that'd be since the mid-90s.

I did see the first movie, uh, first. Seems like a common link for all of us to see such horribly depraved media at young ages. tongue Although I think the first couple of times I saw R1 was the TV edit, and I think the first time I only saw it from the mid-point onward.

But I remember how awesome it looked and seemed. I really thought it would be how the future would look. I remember seeing it again and actually checking out the beginning with Murphy and thinking that he looked badass as a cop and again, how it looked neat and believably futuristic. What with the jelly bean cars, strobe lights, high-powered pistol-gripped firearms, ED-209, it was just all so awesome. I was hooked from there on. And again, only from partial viewings.

I did catch RoboCop 2 which only heightened my interest, I think that might have been around 10 or so, again I started only watching some of it, but at the time it came on a lot on that network (I think it was Starz/Encore) so in short order I was able to watch it in full, violent crazy form. Again, it was awesome.

12 was when I finally went through R1 in it's entirety, and I think I got to R3 about the same time. I think I thought R3 was better then, but it still wasn't quite like R1, oh well.

About this time is when PD aired, but I didn't catch it then. It re-ran some time later but I didn't catch it then either, but this was after I hit the Archive and read everybody's thoughts about it.

So anyway, my personal history when it comes to RoboCop. In a nutshell, I'm getting close to 20 years as a RoboCop fan myself. So there ya go.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard