New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop 2014 - On Blu-Ray June 9 - Steelbook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:04 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
JimWantsAliens :
Although I'm loving that the Daily Star (well known paper here in the UK) gave it the full five-stars! This is the sort of stuff the Pope marketing guys SHOULD be shouting about. There were a lot of good reviews for the reboot, but I feel the people who didn't like the film shouted louder (including the people who decided they didn't want to like the film before they even saw it - yes, fuck you Empire, dissing Robo in the same month you were wanking out your 25 fucking X-Men 'collectible' covers.)

While I do think Empires review was a bit harsh, a perfect 5 from Daily star is REALLY ridiculous. What kind of corrupt dealings went on there?

It's actually pretty simple...just bribe a newspaper to say your film was 'perfect' and give it 5 stars. How good they say your movie is depends on how much you bribe them.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quote

Sin_Valor :
It's actually pretty simple...just bribe a newspaper to say your film was 'perfect' and give it 5 stars. How good they say your movie is depends on how much you bribe them.

Pretty much this, except it's done with advertising space.

I think most sites and magazines are guilty of it. Official console magazines will always give first party games abd exclusives glowing scores and if a magazine has had advertising space bought by a company you can bet your ass the film/game will get a glowing score.

Look at Gamespot and that Kane & Lynch fiasco.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:01 pm Reply with quote

Now that you talk about it, I find it funny when I see direct-to-dvd films with covers full of 5 stars ratings and reviews with ridiculously over-the-top praise from newspapers/magazines I've never heard of.

I confess the first time I saw that I really thought "wow, this must be something special", now it's just a red flag saying "stay away".

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:12 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
JimWantsAliens :
Although I'm loving that the Daily Star (well known paper here in the UK) gave it the full five-stars! This is the sort of stuff the Pope marketing guys SHOULD be shouting about. There were a lot of good reviews for the reboot, but I feel the people who didn't like the film shouted louder (including the people who decided they didn't want to like the film before they even saw it - yes, fuck you Empire, dissing Robo in the same month you were wanking out your 25 fucking X-Men 'collectible' covers.)

While I do think Empires review was a bit harsh, a perfect 5 from Daily star is REALLY ridiculous. What kind of corrupt dealings went on there?

I'd easily give it five stars. That's my honest rating. Sorry.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:18 pm Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :
I'd easily give it five stars. That's my honest rating. Sorry.

I'm honestly glad you loved the movie that much.
Personally I've become really picky and demand a lot more before I would rate any film as a flawless masterpiece.

Out of curiosity, what other movies do you also rate a perfect 5 stars on?

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:57 am Reply with quote

I think a lot of people here think the same: this movie could be a visual fx experience, but not the deep film they promised. In the begining, I was curious about the flick. Then hated what I saw, but later I found Padilha´s words interesting. He made some good points and talked about humanity, the danger of artificial inteligence and stuff like that. Great. Also, the board was flooded by fans of the director, saying that "Tropa de Elite" was amazing and he´s a great director blablabla.

But they did a film that doesn´t reach the things Padilha said, and even the things you´d expect from RoboCop. I watched the PG rated third film and The Series, so I saw a less violent Murphy before, but this film has like 2 action pieces and boring, which could be a contradiction because they happend very fast and doesn´t have a long lenght. A missed opportunity, really.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
TODD-209
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:48 pm Reply with quote

I think the subtleties in this film were perfect, and I think the subject matter was handled perfectly. I even think the special effects and design work was nearly perfect. The cinematography was nearly perfect. The only things that held this movie back were the amount of violence and action that was limited by the rating, but even with the PG-13 rating the action could have been better. So no, I don't personally consider it a "perfect classic" like the original, but had they not played it so safe, it could have been. It's still an extremely satisfying film for me, but it doesn't even come close to the caliber of film the original was.

RB 1633

ultra4
Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:50 pm Reply with quote

After some consideration, looking back at the film... I don't think it's actually a PG-13 movie! It may have that rating, but only the Robo-disassembled sequence takes it into that category. If not for that one little scene, I don't think it would have got the PG-13 rating!

RB 2649

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:15 pm Reply with quote

Zentron :
After some consideration, looking back at the film... I don't think it's actually a PG-13 movie! It may have that rating, but only the Robo-disassembled sequence takes it into that category. If not for that one little scene, I don't think it would have got the PG-13 rating!

This, and only one curse was uttered (excluding Samuel L. Jackson's rant in the ending).

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Roboben_hk
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:58 am Reply with quote

Hi all, I am a Robocop fan in Hong Kong, and active in this forum 10 years ago. Too bad I lost both my email and password.

According to yesasia, the release date of blu ray Hong Kong version is on 8th of May, see link.

http://www.yesasia.com/global/%E9%90%B5%E7%94%B2%E5%A8%81%E9%BE%8D-2014-blu-ray-%E9%90%B5%E7%9B%92%E8%A3%9D-%E9%A6%99%E6%B8%AF%E7%89%88/1035592879-0-0-0-en/info.html

Also it is available in iTunes Hong Kong region as early release now. I have bought it already.

Good news to fans in Hong Kong.

RB 125

Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:02 pm Reply with quote

Roboben_hk :
Hi all, I am a Robocop fan in Hong Kong, and active in this forum 10 years ago. Too bad I lost both my email and password.

According to yesasia, the release date of blu ray Hong Kong version is on 8th of May, see link.

http://www.yesasia.com/global/%E9%90%B5%E7%94%B2%E5%A8%81%E9%BE%8D-2014-blu-ray-%E9%90%B5%E7%9B%92%E8%A3%9D-%E9%A6%99%E6%B8%AF%E7%89%88/1035592879-0-0-0-en/info.html

Also it is available in iTunes Hong Kong region as early release now. I have bought it already.

I see that it's still distributed by StudioCanal (it was released under that distribution in the UK), unless that's taken from a UK shopping site. Also, were there 3D screenings of the RoboCop remake in Hong Kong?

RB 2

Roboben_hk
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:00 am Reply with quote

Sin_Valor :
Roboben_hk :

I see that it's still distributed by StudioCanal (it was released under that distribution in the UK), unless that's taken from a UK shopping site. Also, were there 3D screenings of the RoboCop remake in Hong Kong?
Studio Canel does not distribute in HK, they would have a local distributor to distribute those movies, e.g. Terminator 2.

For Sony or MGM, from the past we got similar cover art as US version, with only minor modification.

That is why I think yesasia just borrow the cover from UK.

I will take some photos and post here first thing on 8th of May. How do I do it?

No 3D screening in HK.

RB 125

Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:21 am Reply with quote

Roboben_hk :
I will take some photos and post here first thing on 8th of May. How do I do it?

1. Take some photos of the steelbook
    2. Convert them from an SD card to a computer
    3. Put the photos on Photobucket (you need an account)
    4. Then copy the .png or .jpg file of the photo(s) and use the [img] code on your post

Hope to see some pics soon.

RB 2

Roboben_hk
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:54 pm Reply with quote

Sin_Valor :
Roboben_hk :

1. Take some photos of the steelbook
    2. Convert them from an SD card to a computer
    3. Put the photos on Photobucket (you need an account)
    4. Then copy the .png or .jpg file of the photo(s) and use the [img] code on your post

Hope to see some pics soon.
Dear friends,

Hong Kong version is released today, I just bought the steelbook and would like to share with you all.

RoboBen

RB 125

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard