New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop 2014 - On Blu-Ray June 9 - Steelbook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:42 pm Reply with quote

Well it looks like we'll get to see those deleted scenes after all-WAIT, WHAT? You bought the steelbook for $279!? That's insane!

At least we know what we're getting when we buy it.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Roboben_hk
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:24 pm Reply with quote

Sin_Valor :
Well it looks like we'll get to see those deleted scenes after all-WAIT, WHAT? You bought the steelbook for $279!? That's insane!

Hi Valor,

That is Hong Kong Dollar $279, around US$35, I think that is a very reasonable price. The ordinary blu ray case version is only around HK$219 at HMV, that is around US$28.

Don't expect too much on special features, I mean real disappointing. The real feature "Enginered for the 21st Century", runs only 28 minutes, no in-depth technical information on the suit at all.

For deleted scenes, run only a total of 3 and a half minutes, nothing much.

Two interesting points:
1. Deleted scenes: in "Right-hand", Sellars asked whether they can save the right hand because "my father said we can see a lot on a person by his hand-shake"

2. OmniCorp Product Annoucement: in "Next Generation Robocop", it barely shows the version after the Black V3, it is similar to V1 design with dark grey and the DPD logo on the chest.

RB 125

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:34 pm Reply with quote

So a half assed released for a half assed movie bravo sony way to completely flub the DVD release..

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:39 am Reply with quote

Roboben_hk :
Sin_Valor :

Hi Valor,

That is Hong Kong Dollar $279, around US$35, I think that is a very reasonable price. The ordinary blu ray case version is only around HK$219 at HMV, that is around US$28.

Don't expect too much on special features, I mean real disappointing. The real feature "Enginered for the 21st Century", runs only 28 minutes, no in-depth technical information on the suit at all.

Two interesting points:
1. Deleted scenes: in "Right-hand", Sellars asked whether they can save the right hand because "my father said we can see a lot on a person by his hand-shake"

2. OmniCorp Product Annoucement: in "Next Generation Robocop", it barely shows the version after the Black V3, it is similar to V1 design with dark grey and the DPD logo on the chest.

Well, that is disappointing, considering I was looking forward to seeing the bonus features more than I was to seeing the movie again. Neutral

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:15 pm Reply with quote

I agree with you in two things about the same subject: they should put the hand explanation on the film, so it could make "sense".

The second thing is that the explanation is a crappy one anyway.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Roboben_hk
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:53 am Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
Roboben_hk :
Sin_Valor :

Hi Valor,

Two interesting points:

Well, that is disappointing, considering I was looking forward to seeing the bonus features more than I was to seeing the movie again. Neutral

Same feeling as you Robofan, I bought the blu ray for the bonus features only, I still haven't rewatch the movie yet.

RB 125

Roboben_hk
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:55 am Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
I agree with you in two things about the same subject: they should put the hand explanation on the film, so it could make "sense".

Consider renting first, it is definitely NOT a must-have collection.

RB 125

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:34 pm Reply with quote

Roboben_hk :
Consider renting first, it is definitely NOT a must-have collection.

I doubt I´ll get it, I´m not a fan at all of this reboot.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:00 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :

Well to me it's not a crappy explanation knowing that you have managers and CEO's like that everywhere, with that way of thinking of themselves as geniuses. They stick to ridiculous ideas and whims such as putting a human hand in a police robot just to shake hands, in some way it's the same thinking process that wanting Robo black to "look more tactical" (I don't say there is not a logic, it's just the process is not based on research and expertise, but just a guy improvising ideas, a guy that happens to be the boss).

The problem would be including that explanation about the hand without showing later how stupid is put into practice, having the hand blown off or broken. As if it was not enough to listen for decades "you only have to shoot to his mouth!" now you also put him a human hand...

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
BurnOne4Robo
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:29 pm Reply with quote

Roboben_hk :
That is Hong Kong Dollar $279, around US$35, I think that is a very reasonable price.

I'm sure there are probably other factors that go into the pricing in HK, but $35 is still high. It should price about $22 here in the US on release.

RB 226

robocop-figure4 nuke-black-thunder magnavolt
Roboben_hk
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:00 am Reply with quote

artuditu :
ChAnOoD :

Well to me it's not a crappy explanation knowing that you have managers and CEO's like that everywhere, with that way of thinking of themselves as geniuses. They stick to ridiculous ideas and whims such as putting a human hand in a police robot just to shake hands, in some way it's the same process of thinking that wanting Robo black to "look more tactical" (I don't say there is not a logic, it's just the process is not based on research and expertise, but just a guy improvising ideas, a guy that happens to be the boss).

Good analysis, artuditu, true reflection on the real world.

That particular "right hand" deleted scene is just around 20 seconds if I remember correctly, the feeling is just weird and they may find it difficult to insert in the movie.

Really want to complaint that the special features are not informative and short in lenght for a fresh 2014 film.

BurnOne4Robo :
Roboben_hk :
That is Hong Kong Dollar $279, around US$35, I think that is a very reasonable price.

I'm sure there are probably other factors that go into the pricing in HK, but $35 is still high. It should price about $22 here in the US on release.

Hi BurnOne, for this price of steelbook/standard case new releases, in Hong Kong they are about same as other big production like Captain America or Wolverine. Usually the standard case version price drop after two or three month release. For steelbook, may be they are trying to limit the numbers of releases, their price doesn't or even out of print.

RB 125

Mephisto
DC-L1

DC-L1

Comment: Former Co-Admin and all around asshole.

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:56 pm Reply with quote

I went to Best Buy and picked this fucker up on release day. Watched it with my girlfriend....yeah i still don't like it, but whatever. It's a nice case at least. I bought the original remastered RoboCop metalpak from target to today as well, that goes along with the other RoboCop metalpak. Kinda like a set.

RB 495

RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:30 pm Reply with quote

Meph sighting!!!

Guess I will be a good RoboFan and buy this for the old collection.

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:46 pm Reply with quote

Well I checked out the UK Blu-Ray at my local Sainsbury's...it's still the poster art cover, but now it's in a 3D hologram. I guess that makes up for the other cover art.

Also, they had a copy of the RoboCop 're-mastered' trilogy, although it just says 'trilogy' and the back of the case just lists all the special features for the first movie (although we already knew that).

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard