New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Amazing spider-man 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote

I watched The Amazing Spider-Man 2 last week and my god...that film was a load of shit. It was so bad, it almost made Batman and Robin look decent. (Oh yeah, I went there!) It also had a preview of the new X-Men movie at the end credits, but regardless of that, it still didn't add jack shit to this film.

CREDITS 13968

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:05 pm Reply with quote

Sin_Valor :
I watched The Amazing Spider-Man 2 last week and my god...that film was a load of shit. It was so bad, it almost made Batman and Robin look decent. (Oh yeah, I went there!).

I was there too.

I havenīt seen the Spidey flick, but Iīm getting sick of superhero movies. And that movie didnīt look too well (villains looked cheesy and nerdy).

CREDITS 102

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:30 pm Reply with quote

The bubble of the superhero movies will bust soon.

CREDITS 891

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
kodatarule
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Comment: RoboCop is the best.Terminator good,but RoboCop owns!

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:40 pm Reply with quote

The Amazing Spider Man 2 could have been something really good really great.It starts off ok and than it tangles into different kind of ways and battles feel unfinished.I end up watching my DVD collection of the original trilogy and make some things there is a lot of homage to them but they all seem a bit fail in this new movie because they didnt finish them and felt rushed.I liked electro's performance by Jamie Foxx and gwen's performance by Emma Stone,Andrew Garfield SRSLY he doesnt even look like peter parker and besides that costume never got a single scratch it made robocop and batman suit look like shit compared to it...In my opinion it is worth on a bluray 1 view if you are a fan of spider man or Jamie Foxx fan or Emma Stone fan ,but Andrew seems out of place. Real spider man here - !
EDIT : Besides the first movie Spider-Man(2002) showed us a lot of blood for a PG13 movie in my opinion.
EDIT 2:In my opinion just as I stated Electro and Gwen Stacy performances were great in the movie and were enjoyable,but Andrew really ruins the movie for me and what happened to NEVER TAKING THE MASK OFF EVEN WHEN KISSING??
EDIT 3:Sorry for edit 3 but --- I grew up with spiderman alongside robocop terminator etc so when I saw that movie i really want not to spoil it for you but let's just say in 1 scene before the end there was this huge slow motion and his web was fired and didnt hit target for 10 to 20 minutes like I don't remember that in any comic/animated/movie series of the franchise ...

CREDITS 835

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:34 pm Reply with quote

I'm not sure why someone would even have high expectations on Amazing Spider-Man 2, since the first one sucked so bad, I regret even seeing it...

First off, in the first one, Peter was a complete douche.
Second, the Lizard looked horrible and was a wasted opportunity (which is too bad, since he's one of my favourite Spidey villains)
Third, Spider-Man couldn't really keep his mask on, could he?

So seeing the trailers for the new movie what did I think?

- A slightly better looking suit than in the previous one
- Andrew Garfield still doesn't fit the role
- Electro looks horrible
- Oooh, some more villain costumes - Vulture, Doc Ock...
- Oh, a Goblin too? He looks even worse than the one in Spider-Man 3 (and boy did that one look bad)
- What? The Rhino's in there too? While he looks cool, I hear he's in the movie for less than 5 minutes. I guess nobody bothered to look at what "Spider-Man 3" did wrong...

Yeah, it's totally not a movie I even care about. Come to think of it, superhero movies come out so often now, I don't even pay attention to them anymore. And I consider myself a hardcore comic-book geek. Marvel haven't put out a movie that I really enjoyed since the first two Iron Man movies (and the second one was mostly a guilty-pleasure) and "Man of Steel" was so bad I don't even have any expectations for the sequel (even though it has Batman in it).

Out of all of these, I'm somewhat interested in the new X-Men, as it has Bryan Singer back in the director's chair and I like his work on superheroes (yes, even Superman Returns). However I wouldn't consider myself an X-Men fan so interest is all there is, no excitement or real anticipation.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
kodatarule
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:03 pm Reply with quote

Well my bulgarian friend I had high hopes because I tought it could get how to say a really gritty looking picture with a lot of fights and thoughtful storyline but no it didnt.Like I stated it is worth only if you are a serious spider man fan and want to see him in a new movie or have an actor you like( I personally didnt want to see movie friend invited me with a couple of friends for friday night so I decided to go if there was 1 thing I was sure before seeing going to like is emma stone's performance now that is how you should act,but electro guy I mean the actor I don't remember his name sorry played really good just like emma stone they saved the movie but wasted their roles because of uhmm probably the spoilers will be deleted)I stated something like a spoiler to how 1 role is wasted but yeah.I gave it a 7/10 because of the electro song,electro actor performance + gwen stacy performance and good CGI(prefer it more than RoboCop's one(2014 v.) ).
Go see Cap America The Winter Soldier - comic book in live action Wink !
Btw I know you say a lot of critic about spider man 3 but that movie will still remain my favorite spider man movie!
EDIT: uhm rhino didnt even appear for 1 minute dude ... Very Happy your 5 minutes are way too damn high Very Happy

CREDITS 835

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:01 pm Reply with quote

kodatarule :

EDIT: uhm rhino didnt even appear for 1 minute dude ... Very Happy your 5 minutes are way too damn high Very Happy

So I guess it even sucks more than I thought it would Laughing

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:50 pm Reply with quote

The writing in Amazing Spider-Man 2 was just god awful; they turned Jamie Foxx into some stereotypical nerd (and eerily creepy fanboy) before turning him into a rejected Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat fighter, complete with his own emo anthem that would make My Chemical Romance or Good Charlotte jealous.

The foreshadowing (especially Gwen's death) was just pathetic. The guy playing as Harry Osborn looked too identical to Tobey in Spider-Man 3 (granted I haven't seen the first Amazing Spider-Man movie, but I'd imagine he'd still look awful), I didn't feel emotional for any of the characters, I thought this was all played ridiculously campy...like the 60's cartoon.

Also, I don't see why Emma Stone is considered a good actress.

CREDITS 13968

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
kodatarule
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote

Sin_Valor :

The foreshadowing (especially Gwen's death) was just pathetic. The guy playing as Harry Osborn looked too identical to Tobey in Spider-Man 3 (granted I haven't seen the first Amazing Spider-Man movie, but I'd imagine he'd still look awful), I didn't feel emotional for any of the characters, I thought this was all played ridiculously campy...like the 60's cartoon.

Also, I don't see why Emma Stone is considered a good actress.

What the... He looked like Tobey o.O ? Am I blind or he didn't look at all like Tobey ? O.o I liked some of her roles in movies and to me she's a good actress and I taught did very well in the movie(strangely I wasn't the only one to notice that she was the only improvement over the original but plenty more fans). I don't know man that is just my opinion I may be wrong people make mistakes. ----- Spider Man 3 still my favorite spider man movie despite all critics I loved the action in it!
Goblin's new look ---- god no please get this shit out of here that is what it screams to me.
Rhino look ---- since when are megazords used in spider man.
Gwen's death - really stupid I've seen in the original trilogy more women falling from all kinds of situations and Tobey still coped with it so is this guy weak or what ? And besides in first part Gwen had to heal him from the Lizard in second one she had to tell him how to cope with the electricity not electrifying him so he could fight.(In my opinion this spidey without Gwen can't protect even his balls) and besides I felt he wanted greed only he wanted Gwen only instead of protecting the city when Gwen told him most of the times to protect city.
In my opinion Director of the movie been on serious weed or drugs while directing this...
It was ok image for electro as a start of a movie but when you are going to add his death also make it seem a more possible one or just make spider man defeat him cause that explosion I dont remember happening in original comics + like I said Tobey coped while fighting to protect MJ + people , his aunt and even in Spider Man 3's Gwen who fell from similar thing ---- in final words this new spider man feels useless and weak :P .

CREDITS 835

Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:15 pm Reply with quote

kodatarule :
What the... He looked like Tobey o.O ? Am I blind or he didn't look at all like Tobey ?.

kodatarule :
Gwen's death - really stupid I've seen in the original trilogy more women falling from all kinds of situations

SPOILERS! Ok, if you already know Gwen died in the comics, the ending to the movie would be no surprise to you...

If you've read the original comics, you'd know Gwen Stacy died when Spider-Man tried to save her, the only difference being the death happened on a bridge in the comics, and the death happened inside a clock tower in the movie. Also the Green Goblin was in the comic and Hobgoblin was in the movie (NO, I'm not calling Harry Osborn the Green Goblin, he isn't!)

CREDITS 13968

kodatarule
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:18 pm Reply with quote

Sin_Valor :
kodatarule :
What the... He looked like Tobey o.O ? Am I blind or he didn't look at all like Tobey ?.

Whoah I guessed I missed it thank you for correcting me man! I made a mistake ... btw why cant he be peter parker than ? Very Happy

CREDITS 835

kodatarule
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:35 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
SPOILERS! Ok, if you already know Gwen died in the comics, the ending to the movie would be no surprise to you...

If you've read the original comics, you'd know Gwen Stacy died when Spider-Man tried to save her, the only difference being the death happened on a bridge in the comics, and the death happened inside a clock tower in the movie. Also the Green Goblin was in the comic and Hobgoblin was in the movie (NO, I'm not calling Harry Osborn the Green Goblin, he isn't!)

uhm you mean the amazing spider man comics dude in original she never died in very original where his with M J :P . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Night_Gwen_Stacy_Died and I've been talking about uhm different ones which I read back in the day but can't find em man :X ---- this is one of the shows I remember cause a friend reminded me of them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_%281994_TV_series%29 but the comics I had idk what happened to them I mean I think my parents threw them away I didn't put em in order and from time to time my mom picks up stuff and throws away -.- . I hope you understand me man.
EDIT: Nice discussion we are having here but I can't find any news on the new robocop comics :X .

CREDITS 835

Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quote

kodatarule :
uhm you mean the amazing spider man comics dude in original she never died in very original where his with M J :P

Gwen was Peter/Spider-Man's first 'true love' before he started dating Mary Jane.

CREDITS 13968

kodatarule
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:35 pm Reply with quote

Sin_Valor :
kodatarule :
uhm you mean the amazing spider man comics dude in original she never died in very original where his with M J :P

Gwen was Peter/Spider-Man's first 'true love' before he started dating Mary Jane.

Hmm man I guess I should go find the comics than!(I forgotten EVERYTHING about spider man every single thing after all I hated hit from what followed after spider man 3 and forgot his story)

CREDITS 835

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard