New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Terminator Genisys (2015)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:52 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Yes those points do apply to a plethora of films, but not really comic book movies. I read any interesting letter from John Byrne describing his ire at how Cyclops had gone from being a normal guy with powers to a bodybuilder type no different from the rest...that's just a trend in comic though, to have all the heros be freakishly muscular. Comics sometimes get a bad rap for idealizing or over-sexualizing women, but to be fair they do the same to men.

This is true, and as I said previously that is a door that swings both ways in the films too. Still, seeing so much of these bodybuilder-type physiques is just a bit much, especially lately as it seems to be happening a lot nowadays, the trend as you guys have said. Just not not into it so much. I still concur with artuditu about how unnecessary it is - Especially in regards to this film.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:10 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
Yes those points do apply to a plethora of films, but not really comic book movies. I read any interesting letter from John Byrne describing his ire at how Cyclops had gone from being a normal guy with powers to a bodybuilder type no different from the rest...that's just a trend in comic though, to have all the heros be freakishly muscular. Comics sometimes get a bad rap for idealizing or over-sexualizing women, but to be fair they do the same to men.

tongue

Maybe my example of Captain America was not the best, it's true that comic books exaggerate a lot the muscularity of superheroes, (I actually hate the bodybuilder Batman we see in most comics, I still prefer Michael Keaton just bulked up by the the suit and still looking like a muscular greek statue from antiquity), although even in comics you have examples like Spiderman (or the early Spawn) that go for an athletic look, with muscle definition but just not massive.

Going back to films I could also say that Hugh Jackman has a physique that doesn't go crazy about muscle mass. He is obviously more bulky than Spiderman, still extremely defined though and surely not as massive as Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth or even Henry Cavill. He would be better compared with prime Van Damme, you actually could think Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is a Mixed Martial Arts professional and that is much more frightening than a big bodybuilder or WWE wrestler.

And going back to non-superhero films, did Bruce Willis ever need to be ripped to kick asses? In Die Hard he was obviously a strong guy with good constitution, but never needed to look close to Van Damme or Stallone, that was the whole point of Die Hard! But guess what, in Die Hard 5 they present us his son, this Jay Courtney (Kyle Reese in T5), who is a CIA officer in international missions that has time to go to gym 5 days a week for a couple of hours a day and not miss any single protein shake.

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quote

^ I agree, just doesn't seem necessary. As I noted prior the T1000 was Robert Patrick, definitely not some hulking tank meant to one-up Arnold that way, and it worked fine. Early Bruce Willis is a good example. Ditto on Keaton. I think you can include Mel Gibson to an extent there as well. Guys that are certainly fit, even a bit built but not looking like some strong-man contenders.

I think Jim is still right-on with his point about Courtney - He doesn't look like a not-well-nourished post-apocalyptic survivor. I remember there was discussion of this point some years before in another thread in regards to recent horror films (I think it was for Zombie's Halloween, IIRC), and how they also cast these massive he-man types for these roles when again, I don't see the import of it so much. Bah, point's been made, not gonna keep belaboring it myself.

That said, did anyone get peeved and even creeped out by how Arnold's endo hand looked in the trailer? Bah..

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
^ I agree, just doesn't seem necessary. As I noted prior the T1000 was Robert Patrick, definitely not some hulking tank meant to one-up Arnold that way, and it worked fine.

Fucking right, and I think it added to Patrick’s bad assness (that a word?) because it showed them as equals strength wise and he wasn't even in the same ball park as muscle man goes compared to Arnie, the couple of scenes where it was hand to hand showed that.

I'm guessing there will be a lot of shirtless scene’s showing off his uber hard sexy chest.

CREDITS 891

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Victorboris1
O-L4

O-L4

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote

RoboHell :
Stan The Man :
^ I agree, just doesn't seem necessary. As I noted prior the T1000 was Robert Patrick, definitely not some hulking tank meant to one-up Arnold that way, and it worked fine.

Fucking right, and I think it added to Patrick’s bad assness (that a word?) because it showed them as equals strength wise and he wasn't even in the same ball park as muscle man goes compared to Arnie, the couple of scenes where it was hand to hand showed that.

I'm guessing there will be a lot of shirtless scene’s showing off his uber hard sexy chest.

Plus it also helps that Robert Patrick has this perfect emotionless face to him.

CREDITS 4009

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:28 am Reply with quote

New superbowl tv-spot

http://butacaancha.com/spot-de-superbowl-de-terminator-genisys/

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:51 pm Reply with quote

^ Well, I do suppose this is better than the 'tinfoil' suit.. tongue

Seriously though - That's supposed to be the T1000, right? Then why does he look solid, like he's wearing a Rebootsuit one-off? Why can't he look liquid smooth like he's supposed to? They were able to do that 25 years ago..

Bah, seems like for every step forward these things take they take about another three steps backward elsewhere. Make no mistake, I'm still gonna check it out, but damn man.

CREDITS 2304

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:08 pm Reply with quote

I don't think it's the t-1000 since we have seen him in other trailers.

Looks like a new terminator, I hope not just again a t-800/t-1000 mix like the T-X from the third movie.

CREDITS 947

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:13 pm Reply with quote

I'm really not seeing any of the other characters in these trailers. I just can't buy this is supposed to be Connor and Reese.

I really want this to be good, The Terminator and Judgement Day are two of my favourite films (not my all time mind you Wink) but I think this is going to be a steaming pile of horse shit.

At least it has Arnie in it...

CREDITS 1689

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:20 am Reply with quote

Josh :
I'm really not seeing any of the other characters in these trailers. I just can't buy this is supposed to be Connor and Reese.

I really want this to be good, The Terminator and Judgement Day are two of my favourite films (not my all time mind you Wink) but I think this is going to be a steaming pile of horse shit.

My thoughts precisely at this point.

CREDITS 2304

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:37 pm Reply with quote

Josh :

"Terminator 3" has Arnold in it as well, and it´s not a good movie for a lot of people.

Hell, even "Salvation" has Arnie there. Ok, it was a crappy CGI version of him doing a cameo, but well... tongue

CREDITS 102

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:15 pm Reply with quote

Judging from the tv spot, I can't tell whether this is supposed to be the last Terminator film or the beginning of another set of movies.

There is no way they're making Arnold go through 2 or 3 more of these shitty instalments.

Maybe they're doing this just to celebrate 30 years of the first movie (which I guess seems thoughtful of them), but they honestly can't be milking this franchise all over again...especially after Salvation.

CREDITS 13968

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:36 am Reply with quote

Sin_Valor :
Judging from the tv spot, I can't tell whether this is supposed to be the last Terminator film or the beginning of another set of movies.

Wasn´t their idea to make some kind of trilogy while they still have the rights? Just doing those before the rights go back to Cameron.

Anyway, this franchise, like RoboCop, is hard to keep going with it. "RoboCop" ends and wraps it very well. How to continue it? Same with Terminator. They serve their purposes, but if you keep doing more and more it adds little to the universe, except for new FX and over the top situations.

CREDITS 102

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
AlexMurphy
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:52 am Reply with quote

Sin_Valor :

Not the last. It was reported early on that this is intended to be a trilogy of Terminator films (before the rights go back Cameron). Though they wanted to to do that with Salvation and we know how that plan worked.

CREDITS 409

a-team Rambo-Knife game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard