New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Terminator Genisys (2015)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:41 am Reply with quote

The film stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones), Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty), Jai Courtney (Die Hard 5), Dayo Okeniyi (The Hunger Games), Byung-hun Lee (GI Joe), Matt Smith (Doctor Who) and J. K. Simmons. The film is scheduled to be released by Paramount Pictures on July 1, 2015.

These last ones are stuntmen and not the actual actors.

I've read JK Simmons would be Dr. Silberman.

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:19 am Reply with quote

I don't really have high hopes or expectations for this film...although I'm praying it doesn't end up being shitty like Rise of the Machines...god that sucked.

CREDITS 13968

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:26 am Reply with quote

I don't know details about the plot yet, but I find brilliant the idea of a Terminator which skin and human tissue ages, even if it's just an excuse to have Arnold back it would never have occurred to me. It has plenty of potential, a Terminator that gets stuck in time, was sent to the wrong date, or fulfilled his mission in the past and stays waiting decades to reactive himself and accomplish new mission or targets.

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:41 am Reply with quote

RoboCop (2014)
Terminator: Genesis (2015)
RoboCop 2 (2017)
Terminator: Genesis Part 2 (2018)
RoboCop 3 (2020)
Terminator: Genesis Part 3 (2021)
RoboCop Versus The Terminator (2023)

Please

CREDITS 121

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
RoboTrap
OmniCon - A Silver Future

L-L2

Comment: RoboCop: The Future's Silver Lining

Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:45 pm Reply with quote

When T4 was announced, I thought there was no way it could be worse than T3.

Then it, you know... was. So, so much worse.

But, I'll be hopeful: there's no way this could be worse than T3&4. Please let me be right this time.

CREDITS 72

ultra1 robocop-figure4 lewis-figure RoboBadge ultra4 ultra5 ultra6
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:03 pm Reply with quote

Do we know what Arnie's role is? Is this set before the first one? I was hoping they'd use him to motion capture an army of fully-skinned T-800s.

CREDITS 121

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:18 pm Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :
RoboCop (2014)
Terminator: Genesis (2015)
RoboCop 2 (2017)
Terminator: Genesis Part 2 (2018)
RoboCop 3 (2020)
Terminator: Genesis Part 3 (2021)
RoboCop Versus The Terminator (2023)

Please

With the new Robo? No, thanks.

I havenŽt seen "Salvation", but this looks like a way to cash on the franchise. Not sure if IŽll go to see it.

CREDITS 102

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:36 pm Reply with quote

He's rocking the grey hair, it really suits him.

I'm interested in the concept of a Terminator that "ages", it's perfect for long term infiltration or intelligence gathering. But lets face it it'll probably be an underwhelming disappointment.

At least Arnie is in this one though.

CREDITS 1689

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:53 pm Reply with quote

I don't understand how can a Terminator "age"? I mean it's not like it's going to recall all the memories and events that happened in Terminator 1 - 3, I know Skynet and Cyberdyne is made up of completely complex, confusing, and questionable technology, but I doubt they can think of any other factor to make Arnie/the Terminator more 'human'.

CREDITS 13968

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:41 am Reply with quote

I doubt anybody on this site will like it. According to everybody here there hasn't been a good movie made since 87 so why even discuss this. You all know you're going to pick it apart and hate it before it even comes out. Why worry yourselves?

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
RoboTrap
OmniCon - A Silver Future

L-L2

Comment: RoboCop: The Future's Silver Lining

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:30 am Reply with quote

Hey now, the summer of '08 was pretty awesome. We got Iron Man, Speed Racer (fuck the haters, I love it), and Wall·E. And even if it wasn't awesome, they at least bothered with a new Indy flick. Oh yeah, The Dark Knight came out in '08 as well.

CREDITS 72

ultra1 robocop-figure4 lewis-figure RoboBadge ultra4 ultra5 ultra6
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:58 am Reply with quote

Waaaaait, wait... how old is Sarah supposed to be in this again? 12?

Anyway, Terminator 4 left a pretty bad taste in my mouth and I doubt it can get much worse than that. In fact, I hope they will atleast improve on that, so that the series doesn't end up with a turd as the final movie. Good to see Arnie back, I'm somewhat interested in seeing what they'll come up with, but still, as far as I'm concerned, it ends with T2.

CREDITS 2697

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:01 am Reply with quote

RoboDemise :
According to everybody here there hasn't been a good movie made since 87 so why even discuss this.

It's called having standards.

Nothing wrong with picking it apart, and why can't I expect a great movie instead of a cash grab with shit actors (apart from the Austrian Oak) and a shit script?

While I'm not entirely hating on this because I'm looking forward to some of the ideas I'm expecting a good movie, and there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe you're okay with mediocre and that's fine, but I'm not going to bitch to you about that.

And Dredd was awesome remember?

CREDITS 1689

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Sin_Valor

L-L5

Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:45 am Reply with quote

When I heard that The Dark Knight Rises movie was about to be released, I had some huge expectations for it, I thought it was going to be awesome, Batman would kick some ass while make one hell of an exit. I couldn't wait to see it.

So I saw it when it was theatrically released...and my expectations sunk a little bit. Don't get me wrong, the movie was great...although I felt The Dark Knight left a bigger impact on me. I mean it was great to see Bane and Batman fighting while the Gotham Police were kicking ass too, but it didn't really make me feel as hooked as the Joker and Two-Face did.

The next bit's a spoiler, so if you don't want to highlight the text...

Also, I kinda felt annoyed when they made Bruce start dating Selina...I know the fans always keep thinking "will they or won't they" and they even like to see Batman and Catwoman get together...but I thought the way they played it in the film felt a bit cheesy.

CREDITS 13968

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard