New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Predator Reboot - With Shane Black and Fred Dekker
Goto page Previous  1, 2

RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:44 am Reply with quote

Same response as to the terminator genesis thread.

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:54 pm Reply with quote

Looks like it´ll be a sequel: http://collider.com/predator-reboot-sequel-shane-black/

CREDITS 102

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:22 am Reply with quote

Un-fucking believable :
"Why start over, when you’ve all this rich mythology yet to mine?” - Black said he doesn’t like reboots generally, but can “really get behind inventive sequels”, noting that he likes “the idea of expanding and exploring the existing Predator mythology, rather than hitting the restart button.”

More often than not, a reboot is a lazy way of avoiding the hard work of coming up with a new idea, and instead choosing to use the blueprint of what came before. What Black and Dekker have planned for Predator, however, sounds like something fresh yet in step with the spirit of the original films, and that’s worth getting excited about. Just exactly what portions of the Predator mythology will be mined for this new film are under wraps for now, but I’m eager to see what surprises Black and Dekker have up their sleeves.

I'll be goddamned.. For once it seems somebody actually listened to what me and few other folks were talking about years ago when we were yakkin' about why reboots have to be their own animal and not be continuations, going on from something established rather than a new take and deletion of previous work. While I had some interest before I also had trepidations. I still have a couple but in all honesty I now am looking forward to this project 10x more just because of this news alone.

And to think, if I didn't find out about this piece of info regarding the film beforehand I would be less excited rather than more - What ya say to that, Demise? tongue

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboTrap
OmniCon - A Silver Future

L-L2

Comment: RoboCop: The Future's Silver Lining

Filthy Rich Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:03 am Reply with quote

A part of me would like to see a period piece (remember the antique flintlock in Predator 2?) about a Georgian-era hunter & marksman forced into combat against a Predator, complete with a twisted version of a pistol duel, but that seems more like a one-shot comic than a full film.

CREDITS 72

ultra1 robocop-figure4 lewis-figure RoboBadge ultra4 ultra5 ultra6
POCOBOR
L-L2

L-L2

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:43 am Reply with quote

I just like it when they say 'Black and Dekker'.

CREDITS 198

robocop-figure3 robocop-head RoboBadge arcade2-robocop2 ford-taurus
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:51 am Reply with quote

Stan The Man :
Un-fucking believable :
"Why start over, when you’ve all this rich mythology yet to mine?” - Black said he doesn’t like reboots generally, but can “really get behind inventive sequels”, noting that he likes “the idea of expanding and exploring the existing Predator mythology, rather than hitting the restart button.”

More often than not, a reboot is a lazy way of avoiding the hard work of coming up with a new idea, and instead choosing to use the blueprint of what came before. What Black and Dekker have planned for Predator, however, sounds like something fresh yet in step with the spirit of the original films, and that’s worth getting excited about. Just exactly what portions of the Predator mythology will be mined for this new film are under wraps for now, but I’m eager to see what surprises Black and Dekker have up their sleeves.

I'll be goddamned.. For once it seems somebody actually listened to what me and few other folks were talking about years ago when we were yakkin' about why reboots have to be their own animal and not be continuations, going on from something established rather than a new take and deletion of previous work. While I had some interest before I also had trepidations. I still have a couple but in all honesty I now am looking forward to this project 10x more just because of this news alone.

And to think, if I didn't find out about this piece of info regarding the film beforehand I would be less excited rather than more - What ya say to that, Demise? tongue

I say you know too much already. Very Happy

CREDITS 4753

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:37 pm Reply with quote

^ At least I got a smile out of you, you complaining-at-us fuck! Wink

RoboTrap :
A part of me would like to see a period piece (remember the antique flintlock in Predator 2?) about a Georgian-era hunter & marksman forced into combat against a Predator, complete with a twisted version of a pistol duel, but that seems more like a one-shot comic than a full film.

That's awesome. I had thought about something along those lines too, but I agree that's not quite enough to make into a full feature, still, would be cool to see.

POCOBOR :
I just like it when they say 'Black and Dekker'.

I was wondering when someone would finally do that. Bah!

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard