New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Why is Patricia Charbonneau uncredited in RoboCop 2?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quote

Have we ever found out why the actress Patricia Charbonneau is not credited for her role in RoboCop 2? The novelization gives her name as Linda Garcia. It's actually a pretty big role (compared to some other forgettable characters) and she's probably the most sympathetic character in the movie, defending Murphy more vocally than even Lewis or Reid at times.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:54 pm Reply with quote

Was she Cain's assistant...or one of the OCP scientists?

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:08 pm Reply with quote

She's the lab technician who argues with the lawyer once Robo's been dismantled by Hob and co. There's a lot of characters in RoboCop 2 who never get referred to by their character name on-screen.

The female character in Cain's gang is Angie.

RB 2943

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:27 pm Reply with quote

Incidentally, she also stars opposite Peter Weller as his love interest in the 1988 film Shakedown (which was re-titled Blue Jean Cop in the UK).

RB 2943

Dedomenici
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:50 pm Reply with quote

I just watched the trailer and Weller uses the phrases 'best that money can buy' and 'you betcha' - I wonder if Miller paid homage to Shakedown (BJC) in the script for Robo 2??

RB 164

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:11 am Reply with quote

Maybe! I had it recorded on VHS off of Sky Movies. Their trailer advertised it as starring Peter 'RoboCop' Weller. Great middle name!

RB 2943

RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:32 am Reply with quote

Ironically enough, she looks and talks very similar to Dr. Tyler in the 1987 Animated Series...even though she doesn't bare much similarity to Tyler in the first movie.

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
WeKilledYou
DIRECTIVE 249 Don't be oversensitive to the hostility and negativity of others

L-L4

Comment: I know you. You're dead!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:53 am Reply with quote

She's pretty hot.

But anyways, I thought her role was pretty good and memorable even on such a smaller scale.

RB 1163

RoboCain-v2 nuke-red-ramrod nuke-white-noise nuke-black-thunder nuke-blue-velvet UC-M21
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:15 pm Reply with quote

So is this a thing?..I mean do we really care why she's uncredited?

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:48 pm Reply with quote

Yes I'm interested. So I asked.

RB 2943

RoboBrand87
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: Come quietly or there will be... trouble.

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:03 pm Reply with quote

Patricia has more lines than Robert DoQui in the movie. Don't know why she wasn't credited but I liked her all the same. She was quite sexy.

RB 109

AlexRobo
O-L3

O-L3

Comment: "You gotta ask yourself one question, ED209, do you feel lucky?"

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:35 pm Reply with quote

I've seen her in an early episode of The Equalizer in which she played a damsel in distress saved by Robert McCall. Seems like a fine actress.

RB 400

alex-murphy game-xbox
NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:06 pm Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :

Actors/actresses are generally uncredited in films to avoid Screen Actors Guild minimum pay regulations or if they choose themselves to not be credited. Big stars who may want to do a director/writer/producer friend a favour by starring in their friend's movie, may choose to waiver their fees by not being credited.

In Patricia's case it's likely she had a bad experience working on the film (maybe she also wasn't a Kershner fan) or really didn't like how the film turned out - so decided to not be credited on the movie. She doesn't seem to be featuring in the upcoming RoboDoc documentary (despite nearly everyone else featuring) - so I'd say this is most probably the case.

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:45 pm Reply with quote

NukeLord :
JimWantsAliens :

Actors/actresses are generally uncredited in films to avoid Screen Actors Guild minimum pay regulations or if they choose themselves to not be credited. Big stars who may want to do a director/writer/producer friend a favour by starring in their friend's movie, may choose to waiver their fees by not being credited.

In Patricia's case it's likely she had a bad experience working on the film (maybe she also wasn't a Kershner fan) or really didn't like how the film turned out - so decided to not be credited on the movie. She doesn't seem to be featuring in the upcoming RoboDoc documentary (despite nearly everyone else featuring) - so I'd say this is most probably the case.

Thanks Nuke Lord.

Actually, I'm wondering if it might have been more as a favour to Peter rather than a falling out with Irvin. Patricia and Peter starred together in Shakedown (aka Blue Jean Cop) in 1988, so maybe she came on board due to that. The mystery continues.

RB 2943

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard