New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop Comic series by Boom Studios
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Comment: There will be trouble!

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:16 pm Reply with quote

Yarbles :
Archive :
RoboDemise :
Maybe I'm crazy but I think eventually he would want to do something besides just work. And shit would still pop off obviously. Probably hanging out in a garage rebuilding some car without the need of a jack, taking nuts and bolts off with his bare hands, and sees something happening, can't help himself, gotta get shit done and take people out. Or hanging out with his kid, a father would want to see his kid no matter what, even if he was a God Damn RoboCop! Very Happy

Let's not get carried away here. We're talking about a piece of equipment.

Don't worry, if we get a sequel to the reboot then we'll probably see lots of family time. I cringe at the idea of watching Robo play hockey with his kid. As silly as that sounds I could see it happening in the reboot universe. The only character trait we got from his son is that he likes hockey....

You´re right. And I already know that his skates will be magically folding out of his feet
and the hockey stick out of his forearms.
And right after he helped his son beat the school bullie´s team, he will say:
Stay out of trouble.
And then his son will say: Good skates dad.
And he´ll reply: Good as money can buy.

RB 787

game-xbox
Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:44 am Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
I really dig the covers for issues #2 and #3:

I really like those covers, see how much better the art looks when you don't over-do it on the lines and hatchings and let the colourist do their job!

RB 2548

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:21 pm Reply with quote

Just read it, and it's pretty good. Feels promising for issue 2.

Agree with Zentron re the line art criticism, but other than that, an enjoyable read.

Violence-wise, they've struck a good tone too. I heard someone describe the film Drive as having 'explosions of violence.' I know some people will disagree, but I always felt Verhoeven's Robo (although funnier) had a similar thing going on. Obviously you have the rock shop shoot-out and stuff. But sometimes there's long periods without violence and then jeez - you really know about it.

Similarly, I like the way this comic ISN'T soaked in blood to the point you're desensitized to it, but then when Robo punches that creep - SPLAT!

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Kenjamin
The best there ever was

O-L3

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning.

Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:26 pm Reply with quote

Any word on a TPB of these? Wouldn't mind getting these in a bundle, but I don't really buy single issues if I can avoid it.

RB 667

mug doom-marine alex-murphy
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:46 pm Reply with quote

Kenjamin :
Any word on a TPB of these? Wouldn't mind getting these in a bundle, but I don't really buy single issues if I can avoid it.

It seems "RoboCop: Dead Or Alive" (name of the paperback) will be available in August.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Kenjamin
The best there ever was

O-L3

Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Kenjamin :

It seems "RoboCop: Dead Or Alive" (name of the paperback) will be available in August.

Thanks. Tracked it down and pre-ordered.

RB 667

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:56 pm Reply with quote

I really dislike that they changed the artist with issue 9, and then changed to yet another artist for issue 11.

All three artists are good in their own way but switching in a larger story will be so odd when reading the TPB.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:47 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
I really dislike that they changed the artist with issue 9, and then changed to yet another artist for issue 11.

All three artists are good in their own way but switching in a larger story will be so odd when reading the TPB.

I enjoyed the second one more than the first one. The first artist wasn´t bad, but way too many lines, and the colouring doesn´t help his style either. Didn´t see anything from the new artist.

Anyway, I assume this paperback will include the first issues, so you won´t see a change in the artwork. Will be worse with the next paperback compilation.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Kenjamin
The best there ever was

O-L3

Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:10 am Reply with quote

Not to derail the thread -- but didn't want to revive a 5 year old thread and wasn't sure this warranted a new one.

Saw the old Dynamite comics as a TPB listed as a similar item. http://amzn.com/160690129X

Most of the old threads seem to have expired images.. Anyone care to chime in on how this new series compares? I did find a couple images that were still up, and I think I prefer the simpler, matte look of these Boom comics. Harkens back a bit to classic comic book style, which I appreciate. Wasn't a huge fan of the busy artwork in Frank Miller's RoboCop 2. But I could be convinced to give the Dynamite series a shot if the story is entertaining.

RB 667

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:44 pm Reply with quote

I see that issue 12 is the last issue of this series. That makes me a little sad because it was originally advertised as an ongoing series. Still, 12 issues is the longest run a Robocop comic has had since the original 23 issue Marvel run. I've only read half of the issues for this arc but so far so good. I should be picking up the rest of the run (along with any other Robocop comics I don't have) within a month. Given Robocop's spotty comics history, I applaud BOOM! for completing this 12 issue storyarc, and I just hope they do more with the license because I know there are more great Robo stories to be told.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboWags
Ultra Police Watch Commander

L-L1

Comment: "Its time to show how real cops kick ass."

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:21 am Reply with quote

I'm waiting for the whole thing in trade myself. Fits better on a bookshelf tongue

RB 2728

ultra1 ultra2 lewis-figure2 game-nes1 sprite-robocop1 award comic1-robocop
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:19 pm Reply with quote

Just finished 12 last night,I thought it was great art was awesome seemed super dialed in compared to earlier issues,An the story wrapped up nicely..

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Helldogg
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: "Only you can prevent forest fires." which is good cause I've got other shit to do.

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:05 am Reply with quote

I honestly thought they left the story hanging open...and wasn't wrapped up nicely, I mean the current story wrapped nice but was left with it could go this direction

RB 502

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:36 am Reply with quote

Never read the latest comic series. Seems to have great reviews though. Is it worth it?

I got half way through Last Stand and gave up...

RB 4892

Ed-260
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard