New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop Comic series by Boom Studios
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Helldogg
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: "Only you can prevent forest fires." which is good cause I've got other shit to do.

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:50 am Reply with quote

I like it but to each its own. The story in my opinion kinda ran the lines of what the government is trying to do here in the U.S. and thats take away guns.

To me if I am correct last stand was like a retelling of Robocop 3 with a little bit of Robocop 2 thrown in there

RB 502

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:07 pm Reply with quote

Helldogg :
I like it but to each its own. The story in my opinion kinda ran the lines of what the government is trying to do here in the U.S. and thats take away guns.

To me if I am correct last stand was like a retelling of Robocop 3 with a little bit of Robocop 2 thrown in there

Last Stand is an adaptation of an earlier script from Robo 3, before the changes made for the sequels.

As for the BOOM series, it was good, but not a big fan of it. Thereīs... something that doesnīt work to me. In the first issues, the artwork was more "real" but the colors were weird (I think they tried to mimic the 80īs colouring there). I prefer the more stylish approach of the rest of the series. Not a big fan of the end (especially Roboīs last sentence), but they tried. Too bad they didnīt continue with it, as RoboCop working on new cases.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:29 am Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Too bad they didnīt continue with it, as RoboCop working on new cases.

No more Robo comics on the horizon then?

RB 4892

Ed-260
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:32 am Reply with quote

Edd 209 :
ChAnOoD :
Too bad they didnīt continue with it, as RoboCop working on new cases.

Suppose I'd better write and draw one then...

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:35 pm Reply with quote

Edd 209 :

No idea, but the last comic companies who got the rights to RoboCop used them for a short time and a short bunch of comics (Avatar, Dynamite...).

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:03 am Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Edd 209 :

No idea, but the last comic companies who got the rights to RoboCop used them for a short time and a short bunch of comics (Avatar, Dynamite...).

Because of that it seems everytime Robocop gets a new publisher they all try and start out at the same spot (unused movie script or their attempt at following on from R1) which I get a bit bored of. I'd like either something new and original, or something more long term to get stuck into.

RB 4892

Ed-260
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:37 am Reply with quote

Edd 209 :
ChAnOoD :
Edd 209 :

Because of that it seems everytime Robocop gets a new publisher they all try and start out at the same spot (unused movie script or their attempt at following on from R1) which I get a bit bored of. I'd like either something new and original, or something more long term to get stuck into.

Well, Iīd be more interested on the original RoboCop 2 script by Neumeier & Miner (Corporate Wars) or even the original PD (much more different from the miniseries). R2 and R3 looks a little bit different, but didnīt give me a big impact.

As for "new an original", I think itīs difficult to get that with this character without having fans trying to rip the writerīs head for it tongue Itīs a tricky character to work with.

RB 10830

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:30 am Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Well, Iīd be more interested on the original RoboCop 2 script by Neumeier & Miner (Corporate Wars) or even the original PD (much more different from the miniseries). R2 and R3 looks a little bit different, but didnīt give me a big impact.

True, Corporate Wars would be great to see Wink

ChAnOoD :
As for "new an original", I think itīs difficult to get that with this character without having fans trying to rip the writerīs head for it tongue Itīs a tricky character to work with.

Lol, yes. Difficult to please everybody.
Even just seeing the R2014 silver suit doing some real crime fighting might be nice, instead of simulated.

RB 4892

Ed-260
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:37 pm Reply with quote

Amazon are now listing RoboCop: Dead Or Alive Vol 2 for release in late February 2016. My guess is this will be issues 5-8 collected so at least the artwork will be consistent in the book!

RB 2943

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:28 pm Reply with quote

Remember, Dead Or Alive Vol.1 will be available this month: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/previews-robocop-the-empty-man-more-boom-comics-on-sale-september-30-2015

RB 10830

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:23 pm Reply with quote

Hmmm, whether to make the purchase or not...? Meh Robo

RB 4892

Ed-260
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:30 pm Reply with quote

FINALLY - just got an email from Amazon UK - Dead Or Alive vol 1 has been dispatched! I worried this would fall into a black hole along with the Dark Horse Omnibus and Road Trip TPB but it's on its way!

RB 2943

RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:24 am Reply with quote

I just finished reading this series and am now proud to say I have read and own every Robocop comic ever made, except the Robocop 3 adaptation which I still need to pick up. But as for this series, i was pretty happy with it. The story was by no means revolutionary for Robocop but it felt appropriate and accurate to the Detroit of the first film. It was pretty predictable. (Spoilers follow) There were some nice twists, like how Killian is the Old Man's brother. Getting to learn a little about the Old Man's past was one of my favorite parts of this romp. There are a few other moments that will stick with me, like when Robocop is on fire screaming "We're here to protect you!". Powerful stuff. I also loved the ending. Whereas most Robocop stories in the past have focused on Robocop becoming more human, I like went the opposite direction. It makes sense though, and I wish this really was an ongoing series like we were originally promised because I think there is a lot more to do with this theme. Robocop never cared about wether he lived or died it was just the people around him fighting for his continued survival. He just did his job. Even the thing with Lewis leaving him to be a detective. At the end she finagles it so she can keep being his partner but Robocop never really cared. I think this is a very interesting story angle, that everyone projects their humanity onto Robocop while he can be content being a machine.

Now, there was some controversy over the switch of artists. While I do like the first artist the best, his style was a lot more detailed than the followup artists. It would seem like he couldn't get the job done in time and the others were picked because they could turn it around quickly. As someone who has read monthly titles my whole life I'm very used to this happening and have seen worse mishaps. It would have been nice if there was one artist for the whole series but all of them had a decent vision of Robocop to bring to the table.

The thing I am worried about is that this will be the last Robocop story we read for a very long time. On one hand, its the longest running Robo title since the original run. On the other, it was just a run of the mill Robocop title that didn't take the character in any new directions. While that is fine this story was only a slight improvement over the Dynamite era. This would have been a great starting arc for the planned ongoing series, but alas, it seems Robo is doomed to shorter runs. Even my local comic store stopped carrying it halfway through because nobody was buying it. But I truly hope BOOM doesn't waste this license because this was a very solid story. My grade for now: B+

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:57 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
The thing I am worried about is that this will be the last Robocop story we read for a very long time. ..but alas, it seems Robo is doomed to shorter runs. Even my local comic store stopped carrying it halfway through because nobody was buying it.

Robocop comic book story in a nutshell....

RB 4892

Ed-260
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard