New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop Comic series by Boom Studios
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:12 pm Reply with quote

Dead or Alive, Vol. 2, out in some days: http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/robocop-dead-or-alive-tpb-vol-2-boom-studios-2016

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:54 am Reply with quote

Are they still making Robo comics?

RB 4892

Ed-260
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:26 am Reply with quote

Edd 209 :

The latest news is an "Omnibus" with "Frank Miller´s RoboCop" and "Last Stand". No news about new titles. It seems they always want to play it safe, that´s why they´re still releasing the same Frank Miller stuff.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:10 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Edd 209 :

The latest news is an "Omnibus" with "Frank Miller´s RoboCop" and "Last Stand". No news about new titles. It seems they always want to play it safe, that´s why they´re still releasing the same Frank Miller stuff.

It looks like the Robocop 'ongoing' series didn't perform too well so I don't think we will see any new Robo comics for a while, unfortunately. It is really sad but I do understand. I picked up the early issues from my local comic shop and then was at school for a couple months. When i returned looking for the rest they told me they stopped carrying it because they were only ordering one copy to begin with and could not even sell that one copy a month! The other comic store in my area never carried it to begin with. In both cases, I was literally the only person to ask about it. I would up picking up the last few issues online which is unfortunate because I would always rather support a local store. But there is just no demand for it.

It seems like BOOM is trying to recoup whatever they can on the license and these omnibuses are a great way for them to make the most out of what they have. But it definitely seems like they are done producing new content. My guess is that they will put out whatever collections they can, then Robocop comics will return to limbo until someone else buys the rights to make Robocop comics again. While I hate to see this happen to my favorite character, it is no surprise. BOOM's ongoing series was just OK, even to use hardcore Robocop fans. The writing was decent, the art started good and then got derailed, but a 12 issue series is a large investment, especially with the price of today's comics. It simply was not good enough to keep our interest so imagine how the casual fan or comic reader is going to feel. For a Robocop comic to succeed it needs something more, a better concept, higher profile writers and artists, and more advertising. However, in today's market I just don't see that happening.

It is truly a shame because Robocop was once a Dark Horse property alongside Aliens and Predator, which have become tentpole franchises for Dark Horse. If only the same could have been done for Robo. But now he has fallen off the radar. The Frank Miller's Robocop comics, in both versions, were good because it got a lot of people who otherwise wouldn't be interested in Robo to check it out. But in both cases the publisher was not able to keep that momentum going afterward. I am hoping that the next publisher can create something with a more original identity than just rehashing the old. But I fear we are going to have to wait for another Robocop movie, show, game, etc to bring him back into public's interest before we get a comic like that.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:52 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
I would always rather support a local store. But there is just no demand for it.

Definitely. And every time I walk past a comic book store I always look in to see if there is ANYTHING Robo related to peak at.

RoboPimp :
It is truly a shame because Robocop was once a Dark Horse property alongside Aliens and Predator, which have become tentpole franchises for Dark Horse. If only the same could have been done for Robo. But now he has fallen off the radar. The Frank Miller's Robocop comics, in both versions, were good because it got a lot of people who otherwise wouldn't be interested in Robo to check it out. But in both cases the publisher was not able to keep that momentum going afterward. I am hoping that the next publisher can create something with a more original identity than just rehashing the old. But I fear we are going to have to wait for another Robocop movie, show, game, etc to bring him back into public's interest before we get a comic like that.

Yes, 'rehashing the old' is what made me not get the latest few series. I was torn though, whether to just buy it to support our beloved character, or not as it wouldn't generate any extra originality spark and fun for me.
There are so many directions and possibilities to take Robocop story line and I've always though the comics didn't make the best advantage, 'playing it safe' as ChAnOoD said.

RB 4892

Ed-260
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:27 pm Reply with quote

BOOM! are launching a WWE title soon. This article from Den Of Geek ends, "BOOM! tends to know what they’re doing with licensed properties. They’ve done great with Power Rangers, Darkwing Duck, RoboCop, and—wait. Do they still have that RoboCop license? Because we totally need some WCW Capital Combat backstory and we need it now!"

http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-the-shield-reunites-on-wwe-then-now-forever-variant-covers/

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:02 pm Reply with quote

Because we need a comic on this...

RB 4892

Ed-260
chaos one
O-L3

O-L3

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quote

bunch of hacks

RB 856

game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard