New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Helmetless and Battle damaged RoboCop - By Hot toys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:16 pm Reply with quote

I'm with Josh, these are great pictures and good to have to judge for ourselves - I agree this is rather weak. Bah.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Superquad7
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:01 am Reply with quote

I'd still really like to have a set of these figures....

*sigh*

RB 549

Scratch Card
Roboben_hk
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:49 pm Reply with quote

I am so angry about Hottoys this time that this is just not a techinical problem, they didn't make it right because they don't have the heart to do it. Just get a blu-ray of Robocop movie, pick a scene, pause it and follow it.

"This temporary set-back costs me HK$2,890 (USD350) in credit card payments alone."

I just change those heads back to factory default, helmet-on battled-damaged but with blood stain just doesn't look right.

I compare with my Enterbay one, although different scale and based on different actor, I think now Enterbay can make better murphy heads.

Afterall, the size of hottoys head just kills the whole thing.

[/u]

RB 125

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:08 pm Reply with quote

The middle photo is the Enterbay Robo? God, they really nailed Robert Burke!

I'm disappointed to see the Hot Toys figure not living up to the prototype pictures. Figures rarely do, but when we're talking about Hot Toys prices it shouldn't be that different. It's not that bad of a sculpt. Few companies can make it look like that. The problem is it's not nearly as good as they promised and again, considering the price, that's kind of unacceptable.

The sculpting details seem softer, almost as if the heads themselves are those hollow-rubber-type heads dolls have.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Roboben_hk
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:48 pm Reply with quote

Yes the middle one is Enterbay 1:4 Robocop 3 figure.

For the head scuplt alone, I am more satisfied with Enterbay. I got it from Enterbay's 10-year Anniversary Promotion for HKD2,000 (USD250). But the flight pack scale is not right, too big.

RB 125

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:01 pm Reply with quote

250?....Man that's a steal,I think the jetpack scale is fine,Compared with set photos of Burke wearing it..It looks spot on size wise..Yeah I own pretty much every Robo there is and the Enterbay is killer..But the new Hot toys is strong also.

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Roboben_hk
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:08 pm Reply with quote

Agree Vegasrobo, Enterbay is killer, I like it most without the jetpack on, they also give us the battled-damage chest and helmet from Robocop 2.

Wanted to ask for a long time, did Robocop 3 use the same battled damaged chest plate back from Robocop 2?

Yes Enterbay anniversary promotion was just for a weekend back in February, I should have asked and see who is interested here.

I don't know if Hottoys has started shipping the new Robo yet? Anyone here share the same comments as mine?

RB 125

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:15 pm Reply with quote

As far as I know, yes, the battle damaged chest plate in RoboCop 3 is the same as in the second movie, only repainted. I think it also appeared briefly in The Series.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Superquad7
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:10 am Reply with quote

You guys are right. The HT figure just sucks. I'll take a set of them off of your hands for $100 Smile

RB 549

Scratch Card
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:57 pm Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
As far as I know, yes, the battle damaged chest plate in RoboCop 3 is the same as in the second movie, only repainted. I think it also appeared briefly in The Series.

The damaged chest piece appeared in the rest of the live action stuff (of course, not in RebootCop). You can see the same bullet holes in the church scene in Robo 3, in some episodes from The Series (I think you can see that on "Prime Suspect") and PD (when Cable hits Robo with "armor piercing" bullets in "Meltdown").

Too bad the Hot Toys figures changed from the promo pics to the final product. I think I was lucky with my Adam West Batman, because it looks pretty spot on. But the pictures you showed of helmetless Robo doesnŽt look as gorgeous as the promo pictures we saw earlier.

Anyway, IŽd love to get one of these, and I think IŽd go with the clean, shiny Robo with the helmet on.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
imranbecks
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: Somewhere there is a crime happening.

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:08 pm Reply with quote

The first time I'm seeing some negativity towards this Hot Toys figure set... Its getting rave reviews over at the figure forums though. I for one am really happy with it. Its exactly as I had expected it to be. They nailed the headsculpts perfectly, Peter Weller would be proud. The battle damage details on Robo looks good and Murphy's uniform is just about right. I have to agree though that the waist area is in need of some battle damage as well. Robocop's head looks so creepy and lifelike, I'm amazed by it every time I see it... I've just finished rewatching Robocop and the battle damage on the figure here is clearly based on how it looked at the end of the movie when he went back to OCP to arrest Dick Jones. Yeah he did get most of it after getting attacked by Ed-209 midway through the movie, but he clearly received further damage at the climax of the movie with Boddicker. Also, the blood details on his armor are of Boddicker after he stabbed him in the neck with his spike, hence the blood details on that spike accessory too. They got it pretty spot on.

My choice for Hot Toys figure of the year! I took some photos below!

RB 78

hamburger
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:17 am Reply with quote

Very nice pics, that thing is a true work of beauty!

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard