New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Helmetless and Battle damaged RoboCop - By Hot toys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

basd
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:52 pm Reply with quote

Best figure ever!!!
A murphy figure with helmet after all these years. Thank you hot toys!!!

Greetings,

BasD

RB 347

award dinosaur-toy
CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

Comment: Artificial intelligence beat real stupidity.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:09 pm Reply with quote

This is just perfect.
After all these years of waiting, we should have collectibles worth collecting.
Now I must find a way to fill up my bank account.

Bwaaaaaaaah!!! PEA SHOOTER!!!

RB 1965

robocop-figure4 RoboCain-v2 prototype-figure1 prototype-figure2 nuke-red-ramrod dvd-robocop2 Gun-T2 Mini Gun punisher-skull
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:05 am Reply with quote

Pre-orders are up at BBTS:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10543&mode=retail&utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Marketing&utm_content=

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10544&mode=retail&utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Marketing&utm_content=

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Superquad7
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:43 am Reply with quote

I need to find Cain/Hob's truck that the City of Detroit couldn't touch....

RB 549

Scratch Card
Roboben_hk
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:37 pm Reply with quote

just received message from Hottoys, this figure set is ready for pick up

RB 125

RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:50 am Reply with quote

That is an awesome figure. The regular armor and ED-209 models are pretty cool too. Such detail! I have seen the NECA Robocop figures and I thought they were cool (with the spring-loaded holster and battle damaged armor) but these are top-notch.
In case anyone is interested, there's also an Alex Murphy figure! Nice touch.

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:52 pm Reply with quote

I got an email saying mine has been moved forward from September to July. I'm in the UK and we always have to wait longer, so I'd buy that for a dollar. I mean, pound.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Comment: There will be trouble!

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:20 pm Reply with quote

I ordered from sideshow and they said, they are going to ship it tomorrow. Shocked
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

RB 787

game-xbox
Roboben_hk
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:14 pm Reply with quote

Just got mine from Hot Toys HK, don't give it a great expectation.

Disappointments:

1. Same problem with Enterbay, I think they try to match the size of the helmet-off head and ordinary helmet, we Robo fans know that the helmet can never fit on a make-up helmet-off head. The end reult is the head is too small!

2. The headscruplt just doesn't like Weller, it looks more like an Ed Harris to me.

3. The accuracy of neck parts is as bad as Enterbay

4. It says in the Manual that the head is interchangable with the previous Die Cast version, but what is the point? It has blood stain all over like at the end of movie, what's the point to interchange with the helmet worn in the OCP Tower

5. The color is too dull, in the movie, even after battle-damaged, it is still at least silver-shine.

6. The joints of Murphy's body are not as posable as other ordinary figure body, may be due to its extra slim built. I have tried my best to lift his arms as high as possible, but below photo show the highest pose I could get.

7. Stickers of Baby-food jars were not as promised, they just use photo of another CHILD (not even a baby!).

8. The mid-waist section is not "damaged" at all!

Other photos for sharing:

RB 125

Robojeep
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:43 am Reply with quote

Aww mate im gutted for you. Im super disapointed at the head sculps look nothing like as when you look at them on hot toys on ebay ect. the heads look incredible. Full of lines and detail and they screamed peter weller to me but looking the the actual items that you have there so far off its unreal. They look shiney in the light. The faces look like 2 different people when it is meant to be the same person minus hair ect. I wont be buying these like i was planning on as they look nothing like the models they advertise. Heads make them look like cheap knock offs when we all no that crazy price hot toys is asking for them. This is just my opinion and you may actually like them and if so then thats great im pleased for you but for me the heads ruin them.

RB 475

Fummelcop
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Comment: There will be trouble!

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:29 pm Reply with quote

You remind me of myself, when I got the figma robocop and was very disappointed, because it looked different than the prototypes. Someone on her told me to chill out and see how it is going to grow on me. And he was right. The figma is still one of my favorite robo figures.
The battle damage robo looks pretty sweet to me and I´m sure you are going to enjoy it aswell as time goes by.
This thing is badass, but the torso section needs some customisation.
The murphy doll is a whole other story though.

RB 787

game-xbox
Roboben_hk
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:25 am Reply with quote

Although there are many disappointments, I still like it, it is the only 1/6 battle damaged and helmet off setting by now.

Anyway I will try the helmet head from previous set and see how it goes, will post some photos here tonight

RB 125

Roboben_hk
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:07 pm Reply with quote

Someone is putting the battled-damage body only on Hong Kong Yahoo Auction, for HKD1,000.

https://hk.f1.page.auctions.yahoo.com/hk/auction/b31504362?actsrch=srp3

Some update photos with interchanging heads.

As I said in previous message, the colour doesn't look right. You never see a helmet-on battled damaged Robo with blood stain, you never see non-damaged helmet-off Murphy with blood stain on the head.

I did try put on the chest plate came with the Die Cast Robo, and the arms still have noticable blood stain.

I was really hoping that Hot Toys could put the same effort of Iron Man on Robocop. See Hot Toys is cheap nowadays, they use the same mould as previous one, but this time no sound effect!

RB 125

Josh
Lover Extraordinaire!

OCP3 - L3

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:42 pm Reply with quote

Those are some great photos there Ben, I'm sorry you're a little disspointed in the figure especially after the money you've splashed out.

See, this is the problem with publicity shots when it comes to figures and video games. They're so fucking photoshopped or, in video game shots, running on a high end PC being passed of as a mid range console that you're not really getting what you're seeing.

RB 17812

ED-209 RoboCain-v2 robocop-figure4 auto9 dredd-gun dredd1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard