New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop: The Definitive History - By Titan Books
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:30 pm Reply with quote

Titan books will release a 224 page book entitled "RoboCop: The Definitive History" on Oct 24. The book features everything from the movies, Tv shows to the comics and toys. It contains rare and exclusive images, script pages, storyboards and much more, presented here for the first time. It also has brand new interviews with key creatives such as Ed Neumeier, Michael Miner, Jose Padilha, Joel Kinnaman, and Nancy Allen.

RoboCop: The Definitive History will be released Oct 24.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:47 pm Reply with quote

I hope IŽll get it at home in some weeks. Glad they do some new stuff instead of getting the stuff from the extras on the DVDs and put them there.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote

I agree with Chanood here mostly, with this post and the other one from Archive in the other topic, I feel a bit less pessimistic about this piece. Granted, as with everything else, it appears to be quite R1-biased (more than 70 pages alone on it). Sorta expected, and not a bad thing of course. However, I still wonder how much really 'new' stuff there will be for the other films and such - There seem to be more pages for the reboot than the other films/sections, which peeves me a bit..

So I still have a bit of trepidation, but less so than before. It sounds more like it delivers on what it purports here, which is good. Hell, even just a couple of new interviews alone would be worth it in my book. Good to have an update on this, Thanks much, Archive.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

Comment: Artificial intelligence beat real stupidity.

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:04 pm Reply with quote

Must have, ordered Smile

Bwaaaaaaaah!!! PEA SHOOTER!!!

RB 1965

robocop-figure4 RoboCain-v2 prototype-figure1 prototype-figure2 nuke-red-ramrod dvd-robocop2 Gun-T2 Mini Gun punisher-skull
Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:04 pm Reply with quote

Naturally for us hardcore Robofans there's little new stuff as such. The new interviews are nice but ultimately tell the same stories we have heard before, just in another way. Nancy Allen is super bitter about Robo2 and 3 as usual and Julian Grant remain positive about Robo:PD. Smile

There ARE several never before seen pictures included, they range from cool to meh. But nice that we still to this day can get some actual new images to look at.

I haven't read it all as of yet, but what I like is that the book is written in a way that it doesn't talk trash about any of the movies or tv shows. It just tells us facts and general reception of the product but let the cast and crew tell their views on it. As much as we hate Robo3, I don't necessarily want to read an entire article that just laugh and trash talk the movie.

The only real negative thing I can comment on is the cover. The lens flares used is an absolute abomination and I can't believe that they chose to cheapen the product in that way. It's horrible.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
CAIN MKII
the killing machine

C-L1

Comment: Artificial intelligence beat real stupidity.

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:33 pm Reply with quote

At least it will compile all the info in one book, still pretty cool!

Bwaaaaaaaah!!! PEA SHOOTER!!!

RB 1965

robocop-figure4 RoboCain-v2 prototype-figure1 prototype-figure2 nuke-red-ramrod dvd-robocop2 Gun-T2 Mini Gun punisher-skull
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:31 pm Reply with quote

This was certainly one release I really hoped wouldn't be a fuck-up, and it sounds promising.

Whenever browsing the sci-fi section in book stores, I've always been happy to see oversized glossy coffee-table hardbacks about Alien and Terminator, but felt it was criminal there wasn't a Robo one. It's always good to have some big glossy photos in print. My ink cartridge can rest easy for a while. Smile

Long overdue!

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:22 am Reply with quote

Archive :
The only real negative thing I can comment on is the cover. The lens flares used is an absolute abomination and I can't believe that they chose to cheapen the product in that way. It's horrible.

Yeah, between that and the font as we noted prior, the cover does leave a bit to be desired.

Archive :
I haven't read it all as of yet, but what I like is that the book is written in a way that it doesn't talk trash about any of the movies or tv shows. It just tells us facts and general reception of the product but let the cast and crew tell their views on it. As much as we hate Robo3, I don't necessarily want to read an entire article that just laugh and trash talk the movie.

An objective showing is very good, I agree. On the base presentation of it I wouldn't want to read how awesome R1 is or how crummy PD is either (redundancy aside), nor would I want the opposite with crazy views on the films/pieces/etc. Outside of hearing the views of the parties involved of course (as their takes are worthwhile to read whatever they are), just a nice, level showing of info is fine, and it seems that this delivers there. Definitely a plus for me. Smile

Anyway, in terms of content sounds like more-or-less what I was expecting. Though I do like hearing about some new images, that is cool. All-told, even if it's not so much new stuff, it still seems to be a worthwhile purchase for even the most hardcore of us in any event.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:59 am Reply with quote

I've no issues with the front. "You are" instead of "you're" on the back irritates me though.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:49 pm Reply with quote

Must have for the collection.

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:55 pm Reply with quote

Oh yeah!

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:38 pm Reply with quote

RoboHell :
Must have for the collection.

I agree. It will be something else to drunkenly stare at on my bookshelf.

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:08 pm Reply with quote

I just order it on the net. CanŽt wait to take a look to it.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:46 pm Reply with quote

I have one copy given by Titan Books that will be up for grabs in a contest coming soon.

It will be a site/board contest only as doing it on facebook would probably be more chaotic than it is worth.

RB 347913

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard