New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop: The Definitive History - By Titan Books
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:42 pm Reply with quote

Nice to hear that it's more in-depth than I thought it'd be. Gonna have to put this on my "Stuff I need to get" list.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:51 pm Reply with quote

This^

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:20 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
I have one copy given by Titan Books that will be up for grabs in a contest coming soon.

It will be a site/board contest only as doing it on facebook would probably be more chaotic than it is worth.
Sounds good, I'll get my game face on then for it! Laughing

RB 17167

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:51 am Reply with quote

Archive :
It will be a site/board contest only as doing it on facebook would probably be more chaotic than it is worth.

Yay for dedication on our part and elitism on Archive's! Smile

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:53 am Reply with quote

Archive :
I have one copy given by Titan Books that will be up for grabs in a contest coming soon.

Good to hear I have a shot at getting one, because I probably won't be purchasing this book, due to the "The Legacy" section. Not only do I not agree with lumping all the comics, shows, games, and figures in one place, that would work if it's section weren't so short. Close to 80 pages for the first film seems appropriate, but all these other offshootts mentioned deserve as least as much attention collectively.

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:24 am Reply with quote

RoboPimp :

Good to hear I have a shot at getting one, because I probably won't be purchasing this book, due to the "The Legacy" section. Not only do I not agree with lumping all the comics, shows, games, and figures in one place, that would work if it's section weren't so short. Close to 80 pages for the first film seems appropriate, but all these other offshootts mentioned deserve as least as much attention collectively.

That's true. My main gripe with books like this is that the spinoffs never seem to get enough attention.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:19 pm Reply with quote

Go ahead and mail it to me Archive, you know I never lose.

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:27 pm Reply with quote

RoboHell :
Go ahead and mail it to me Archive, you know I never lose.

Tell that to the guy who gave you that negative PT Laughing

RB 12622

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:53 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :

I agree with and share a lot of your feeling, Pimp, as I marked earlier. The 'Legacy' which lumps all that other media is the second shortest section in the book, behind R2 and the reboot, which peeves me. A section that would encompass all the rest of the stuff in the franchise should be larger, certainly as big as the reboot section, which is the second largest.

Devil's advocate, I get the reboot being a decent-sized section, it's quite recent and there is undoubtedly a lot of stuff about it around, both at the forefront and in the background. There is stuff for the sequel films of course, but it's rarely, if ever, been as forthcoming or as involved as the original or even the reboot it seems.

That said, while I'm sure there's a good bit of info on R2 and R3, they still seem a bit light compared to the other stuff, which is disappointing as it continues the attitude of the sequels never getting much regard in the franchise. Those films have usually been neglected (especially in terms of in-depth background) for some time now and it seems that feeling hasn't changed too much here.

Don't get me wrong, now - The book still seems quite worthwhile, as I said. I'm sure there's quite a bit of info for R2 and R3 - Hell, the 24 pages for R3 must have something in them. It looks good actually, it just isn't ideal or perfect - But since we don't live in an ideal/perfect world that's how it is I suppose. I'm not really disappointed, just feel this was just a bit of a lost opportunity to change the tone of franchise a bit. I still think Pimp makes a point about the 'Legacy' section and how it should be larger, since it has to encompass a lot more, but again, it is what is.

Bottom line though, it isn't perfect, but I would still regard it as a must-have.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:44 pm Reply with quote

As for "The Legacy", I guess itīll talk more about the TV series than anything else. Toys and merchandising, and even games are great to be included, but I doubt weīll have interviews with the people behind the Titus RoboCop (but I have to admit Iīd be happy to read honest words about the job they did) or the Kenner figures.

I hope theyīll give a space to PD as well, as I was a little bit dissapointed on that FX Special we had before. I know the miniseries doesnīt have a lot of friends, but itīs the latest live action incarnation of Murphy until the reboot. Same with "Alpha Commando": itīs more a Inspector Gadget spin off that a RoboCop cartoon, but would be nice to have each TV show with enough space for every series.

About comics, not sure how theyīll handle that. I doubt theyīll interview the artists or writers of the Marvel, Dark Horse, Avatar and Boom!, and I guess theyīll touch the surface, giving the movie adaptations, Robo VS Terminator and the latests more attention than the rest.

Donīt know, just want to read it. Itīs cool to have a new book about a character you love.

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:16 pm Reply with quote

Don't expect much from the comic/game and toy sections. They are minimal and are more of a summary than anything. It also touch upon the wrestling thing and the statue very briefly. The book collects everything ever made with Robo, but the big focus is on the movies and to some extent the Tv shows.

The series got 12 pages. 6 of those are pictures only.

PD has 2 pages, and half of one of those pages is a picture.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Don't expect much from the comic/game and toy sections. They are minimal and are more of a summary than anything.

I wasnīt expecting a big deal with that, and I assume itīd go that way, but itīd be cool to get a little bit deep on those subjects.

Archive :
PD has 2 pages, and half of one of those pages is a picture.

I guess the writer didnīt like the miniseries either tongue

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:31 am Reply with quote

Received this yesterday (had it on pre-order since March!)

Nice. Very nice!

Sure, I mean how could any single book say everything I want it to say about RoboCop. But it's still a lavish looking book. I could nitpick that the Animated Series doesn't even have a picture...

But the fact remains, much like with the RvT reissues this year, it shows some time, care, effort and (fuck it!) love has been put into it. When you think of some of the awful DVD covers and other naff stuff we've got over the years, it's good to have some quality.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:29 am Reply with quote

For those who haven't got the book yet, there's a selection of images in this article.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/books/robocop-the-definitive-history-see-exclusive-images-from-the-book/

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard