New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop: The Definitive History - By Titan Books
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:05 pm Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :
For those who haven't got the book yet, there's a selection of images in this article.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/books/robocop-the-definitive-history-see-exclusive-images-from-the-book/

I really dig that 209 update for the reboot. It has new features while it looks like the old Eddy. I think it was before they wanted to do the opposite from the original and screw all the cool designs.

Quote:
“Once you have a ‘superhero movie’ that is not based on the fact that kids want to be that superhero, then the movie has to rely on other things,”

Thatīs the problem with the reboot. They didnīt understand the whole thing. That sentence and that "Kids will love it, itīll sell toys well" from the leaked promo video show how wrong the people behind it were.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:38 pm Reply with quote

I love the reboot. Have I mentioned that? Very Happy

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:17 pm Reply with quote

Got the book today. I already read it.

Itīs good, really. Great to see some behind the scenes pics, storyboards, promo pics and things like that. The only thing that could be done different is the "Legacy" section. The TV show has a cool article on it, cool pics and interviews. The rest, not too much. PD has one page and one pic, and they talked too little about the Marvel cartoon, for example (they give more focus on Alpha Commando). I wouldnīt separate the comics and merchandising as sections, because there are too many stuff to cover and too little space to talk about it.

But overall is really good. Even the reboot section was worth it, and interesting to see how some concepts would work better than the final designs. Also, it has some cool stills from the 2014 film.

And man, itīs a pretty impressive book. Wasnīt sure about the size, but itīs big. Not sure where I could put it, as it doesnīt fit in some shelves. I think itīll join the Dark Knight Trilogy book, big as well.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:12 pm Reply with quote

It's pretty awesome.

Agree about the Legacy section. I suppose it's a good way of saying 'Here's some other stuff you can look into' for people who don't know about that stuff, but maybe a TV section (live action then cartoon) could have been a way to do it, followed by everything else in the Legacy section.

I wouldn't have minded a bit of a longer entry about the Marvel run of comics, and the Dark Horse run and maybe some more gaming screenshots and figures (they reprint the NECA Jetpack figure - nice as it is - from 3 angles! Might have been nice to show the nightfighter for variety).

But the fact is, I can't fault the film sections and that is, after all, the medium where RoboCop begun.

And considering there's never been any real special features on the DVDs of Robo 2 & 3, it's nice to see them treated with a bit more care here.

I wish Orion didn't go bust - RoboCop 3 could have been quite good!

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:21 pm Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :
I wouldn't have minded a bit of a longer entry about the Marvel run of comics, and the Dark Horse run and maybe some more gaming screenshots and figures (they reprint the NECA Jetpack figure - nice as it is - from 3 angles! Might have been nice to show the nightfighter for variety).

Yes, I wonder if those two pages were done that way for troubles with licenses, as no stills from the Marvel cartoon or comics when you have pics from other Robo related stuff made by other companies. Also, as they mention the Kenner toys, I found weird they didnīt include some pics from those toys.

RB 11786

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:42 pm Reply with quote

There are youtube clips with people flipping through the book, looks absolutely astounding

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:37 pm Reply with quote

Can't wait to open my mail box and see it sitting there!

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

Filthy Rich Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:28 am Reply with quote

Mother Fucker!

This thing is bad ass! I'll post pics tomorrow!

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:16 am Reply with quote

RoboHell :
Mother Fucker!

This thing is bad ass! I'll post pics tomorrow!

Yep, itīs a good looking book. Smile

RB 11786

KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:18 am Reply with quote

Ive got it about two weeks ago, I absolutely love it. Very nicely designed, with great layout and photos, and equally focused on the sequels as well. Dream come true for someone who loves written media on favorite movies, dream come true for me as a fan

http://robocopmovies.blogspot.com/

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
RoboConsultant
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: Tyger Tyger

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:43 pm Reply with quote

FINALLY got this today as a gift - as requested. It's quite beautiful.

RB 41

TODD-209
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:18 pm Reply with quote

I just ordered mine today from Amazon. In my search I saw the hardcover edition of the RoboCop vs. Terminator collected series and promptly ordered it too. That was one of my all-time favorite comic mini-series, and perhaps my favorite one featuring RoboCop. Can't wait to get 'em...

RB 1633

ultra4
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:27 pm Reply with quote

TODD-209 :
I just ordered mine today from Amazon. In my search I saw the hardcover edition of the RoboCop vs. Terminator collected series and promptly ordered it too. That was one of my all-time favorite comic mini-series, and perhaps my favorite one featuring RoboCop. Can't wait to get 'em...

Both books are pretty good Wink

RB 11786

TODD-209
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:31 am Reply with quote

Yes...my wife and I were out of town over the weekend, and I saw the Definitive History book at a BAM store, and I said, "Ohh...I want this sooo bad!!" She said, "How much is it?" I said, "Ahh...it's forty bucks." She whipped-out her phone, punched a few buttons, and said, "Amazon has it for twenty-five...just order it when you get home." I wanted to kiss her right then and there. (lol)

RB 1633

ultra4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard