New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Classic Game Room:ROBOCOP vs. THE TERMINATOR review for SNES

ant
Sgt-L2

Sgt-L2

Comment: I am RoboAnt!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:41 am Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7c06SNID5c

RB 2922

cake
razgriz21
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:49 pm Reply with quote

This version would be perfect if it had the blood + gore.

Though the graphics and sound are better thanks to the Super FX chip that the SNES carried.

However, I enjoy both Robocop vs. Terminator games.

They need to port this to something.

RB 283

toaster baby-food game-xbox
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:01 pm Reply with quote

As far as I know, the Super FX chip is not in the SNES itself, but in the cartridges. And I'm pretty sure that RvsT doesn't utilize it.
The SNES has quite a few advantages over the Genesis/Mega Drive (as we all know, mainly in the sound department), but we should also keep in mind that the SNES came out 2 years after the Gen/MD.

With that being said, I like that the SNES version has cutscenes and I like the graphics, but the ones in the Gen version just blow it away, especially in the earlier Detroit levels. Dark and stylish, just like the movies.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Victorboris1
O-L4

O-L4

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:38 pm Reply with quote

I played the shit out of that game when I was a little kid, never made it pass the construction stage though. XD

RB 36

artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:39 am Reply with quote

I owned the Mega Drive/Genesis game, one of my favorite games then.

Tried many times the SNES game in emulators and in every attempt never played more than 5-10 minutes... Actually I enjoyed more Robocop 2 for the NES (my cousins had it back then) despite the frustrating "ice-skating" effect.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:16 am Reply with quote

I like both versions, but the MegaDrive/Genesis version I find slightly better for the sound, voices, blood and the construction level having RoboCop 2/Cain as a level boss, something the SNES game didn't have.

RB 18145

RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:54 pm Reply with quote

I've also noticed that the Graphics on the Genesis game looked more realistic that the SNES. This is really odd. I had a genesis growing up and most of the Genesis versions were much weaker than the SNES counterparts. I guess it depends on whether the game is ported to cartridge by the same company or not.
I also like the NES games. Robocop 2 and 3 had their charms, but my favorite is Robocop 1 on NES. I played that game endlessly as a kid!

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Games & Comics All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard