New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Quick Draw: RoboCop!

Superquad7
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:13 am Reply with quote

Hey guys, back again with a quick sketch:

Nothing fancy here. Just a quick 10 minutes or so of fun with lines. I wanted to keep things really loose here. Played around some with just basic scribbling for shape and lines for tone and such. As you can probably tell, I had a little too much fun Smile

RB 549

Scratch Card
Sin_Valor
No. 4 dumbass on the board

L-L5

Comment: Don't touch me man!

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:31 pm Reply with quote

If you can draw that good in 10 minutes, I'd say that's pretty impressive.

RB 2

lewis-figure robocop-figure4 dvd-20th robocop-helmet auto9 comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop Scratch Card
Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:43 pm Reply with quote

I like it, I used to do that a lot when I was in college back in '96!

RB 2548

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:07 pm Reply with quote

Cool work!

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:00 pm Reply with quote

Sin_Valor :
If you can draw that good in 10 minutes, I'd say that's pretty impressive.

I second that! That's damn fine work for 'a quick sketch'. Very nice, well done. Wink

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Superquad7
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:56 am Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, guys!

Yeah, this one was a quick sketch. There's a lot going on with it that's "wrong" and "bad" to me even, but I more wanted to play around and keep lines loose and such. I wanted to play around with stylistic choices as well. Some of you may recall some of my other sketches where I was playing around with hard blacks with little rendering. I mainly wanted to go the opposite here a little bit, though I did end up laying down some hard blacks.

RB 549

Scratch Card
RoboConsultant
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: Tyger Tyger

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote

If that's 'quick', I can't image what something you spent a while on would look like. Great work.

RB 41

Sgt. Mace
O-L5

O-L5

Comment: Toughest S.W.A.T. Leader

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:46 pm Reply with quote

Ι observed a faint smile in Murphy's face. Like he wants to say: ''Now you have to do with me motherfuckers''.

For a ten minute artwork is awesome Happy robo

RB 76

Superquad7
Sgt-L3

Sgt-L3

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:21 am Reply with quote

Thanks, Sgt. Mace!

RoboConsultant :
If that's 'quick', I can't image what something you spent a while on would look like. Great work.

Thanks! A lot of these sketches I've been making recently are me really trying to get both some rust off as well as trying to re-discipline myself to drawing more.

This RoboCop V Terminiator sketch I spent quite a bit more time on, both the actual sketch as well as trying to really nail down some of the elements of the design: http://robocoparchive.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=4145 In contrast, it's much of a cleaner, tighter sketch than this or some of my others. Notably, I didn't really do anything to build up tone or shadows in it, as that would have been something I'd more pulled into Photoshop for rather than push the ink to.

RB 549

Scratch Card
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Fan creations All times are GMT

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard