New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Chappie (Neill Blomkamp)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:56 am Reply with quote

Meriandressial :
He probably copied that crap from Appleseed. Briareos. Good character. Atrocious design.
He has been quite open about his basing a lot of the Chappie design on Briareos, there's also a lot of influence from other mek Anime's... mech computer games too from the looks of things.

I do hope it's not like District 9, I really did not like that movie, dull, lifeless, main character I really did not give two shits about and would have preferred him to have been killed somewhere in the film, in as gruesome a way as possible, I really did not care for him in the slightest Evil or Very Mad

CREDITS 1158

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:56 pm Reply with quote

I've just been to see this. I have to say the title and promo material put me off initially, but I was pleasantly surprised and loved it. ( And how many adults in '87 would have been put off by the title RoboCop?! ) I saw a review which complained about the tone but if you've seen District 9 - it's that tone. A bizarre mix of that, Verhoeven's RoboCop, Short Circuit, Star Wars and a ton of other robot movies.

I always thought Verhoeven's RoboCop and Starship Troopers felt like kids movies but with so many adult elements thrown in, it kinda mindfucks people. And that mix of the two is the fun of it. In Chappie, there's a similar thing going on. On one hand almost an innocent E.T. like story yet with a robot who says 'fuckmother'.

Worth a watch - and a good way if sending a message to movie studios that there are people out there who like R-rated robot action movies with humour!

CREDITS 121

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard