New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

RoboCop Publicity Stills
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Slash Man
O-L2

O-L2

Comment: Stay out of trouble.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:30 am Reply with quote

Thought I'd make an archive of the publicity stills from RoboCop. There was a lot taken by the Production and Art Department, and probably many that aren't even on the internet yet. Hopefully, this thread will allow a collaborative effort to further complete the set. Black and white stills were given a unique number based on shooting sequence, which makes it easier to identify. I don't believe the color photographs were done in this manner.

Production Stills
Number: RO 4-19
Photographer: ????

Number: RO 13-9A
Photographer: Laurel Moore

Number: RO 21-22

Number: RO 24-21

Number: RO 30-6?

Number: RC-33-18

Number: RC-40-19
Photographer: Deana Newcomb*

Number: RO 40-30
Photographer: Deana Newcomb

Number: RC-42-9

Number: RO 55-16

Number: RO 67-30

Number: RO-68K
Courtesy of Archive

Number: RO 83-15

Number: RO 100-7A

Number: RO 103-10

Number: RO 141-22A
Photographer: S. Karin Epstein

Number: RO 158-17
Photographer: S. Karin Epstein

Unknown Numbers:

Courtesy of Archive

Courtesy of Archive

Courtesy of Archive

Courtesy of RoboCop Archive

Courtesy of Archive

Courtesy of Archive

Photographer: S. Karin Epstein*

* Indicates an educated guess, based on the photographer's other confirmed scenes.

So for this project, I'll be looking for higher quality scans for those not available, missing numbers, and missing photographer credits. Usually, these can be found in press kits. Also, a question to the mods: is there any table formatting available for this forum?

Finally, if I used an image that any of you scanned (a few probably face from RoboCop Archive), just say so so I can give credit.

Special thanks to Archive for sharing images.

RB 730

hamburger
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:58 pm Reply with quote

Are you searching for publicity stills from the first one only? Because in this picture is Burke, from the Robo3 car chase on the pimpmobile. Anyway, sounds like a good idea!

Slash Man :

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:16 pm Reply with quote

A few of those I don't think we've seen before or got in hi-res. Interesting.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Slash Man
O-L2

O-L2

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:41 pm Reply with quote

ChAnOoD :
Are you searching for publicity stills from the first one only? Because in this picture is Burke, from the Robo3 car chase on the pimpmobile. Anyway, sounds like a good idea!
Good catch, I mistook that one for a picture from the Deana Newcomb cop car photoshoot.

For this thread, I'm just going for images from the original. Maybe if this gets far enough along, I'll start up the others (other people are free to do that as well).

I'll also try to fix some up in Photoshop as I go along, to get them back to their original levels, or properly align an image.

RB 730

hamburger
Archive

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:52 pm Reply with quote

So just to make it clear, do you have all these as higher res images or are you mainly collecting the thumbnails you found around the net for this topic?

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Slash Man
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:40 am Reply with quote

The thumbnails should link to the full-sized images (unless this doesn't work for you). I'm trying to gather the highest quality, un-watermarked images available.

RB 730

hamburger
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:02 am Reply with quote

These are some good and interesting pics. Many we've seen before but there's a couple fresh ones to me in there. Much thanks for gathering them up and consolidating them in one spot.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Archive

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:49 am Reply with quote

Yeah, some link to somewhat larger images but unfortunately the rare ones didn't. Like the two:

Anyway, i'll add some pictures to this list soon. I think i got at least a few other ones.

RB 347913

Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:22 am Reply with quote

Here are some more.

Only one image had any numbering. So not much info to provide.

RB 347913

Slash Man
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:18 pm Reply with quote

Wow, thanks, that's an excellent addition. As for those aforementioned images, unfortunately, that's the best I've got at the moment. The one of Lewis was a thumbnail from Nancy Allen's website. If you want, there's a decent-resolution image from the shoulders and above (obviously extremely cropped). Also, that image of Robo and Boddicker was the only one I could find. Shame, such a badass image.

Also, here's some points of interest.
Slash Man :

Number: RO 4-19

While not this exact photo, a very similar image from the same set was used in the movie under Alex Murphy's police file. You can even see the same woman on the right (if someone has an HD screencap, that'd be appreciated). Due to its chronology, I believe Laurel Moore took those shots.

Slash Man :

Number: RO 55-16

Again, due to placement within the sets, the iconic poster image of RoboCop climbing out of the car may have been part of a filmed sequence. Right before Robo takes on the would-be rapists, we see a sudden jump cut of RoboCop standing in front of them. This would've gone in between.

RB 730

hamburger
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:35 pm Reply with quote

Slash Man :

Again, due to placement within the sets, the iconic poster image of RoboCop climbing out of the car may have been part of a filmed sequence. Right before Robo takes on the would-be rapists, we see a sudden jump cut of RoboCop standing in front of them. This would've gone in between.

I don't think so. This seems more as if it would have been part from the gas station scene. It's just that in the finished picture, the shot of him getting out of the car starts at a later stage. Not to mention that they couldn't have a full shot, since getting out of the car was pretty much impossible in that suit, from what I've heard.

Anyway, a great set of photos. I'm pretty sure I've never seen a few of the ones you and Archive posted.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Archive

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:54 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, the poster image is from the gas station scene.

RB 347913

Slash Man
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:04 pm Reply with quote

Oh you're right, wrong scene. Whoops. Looking back at the scene, we do see him step out of the car after all. False alarm.

RB 730

hamburger
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:56 pm Reply with quote

Some of those promo images are in hi-res shots out there. I remember murphy38 got a few and scanned them up, and they were decent sized. The one with the Delta City billboard and shadow and the gang out the door with the shotguns I definitely remember were posted in hi-res versions. I might actually have a couple of those shots on my old computer, actually.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Picture and Video Topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard