New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

Robo Scandal: Stuntman used on magazine covers - Not Actor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:38 pm Reply with quote

If you thought there was something strange looking with Robo on all those magazine covers featuring the remake you'd be right. That odd smirk actually belongs to stuntman Dorian Kingi and not Joel Kinnaman, the actual RoboCop. As revealed earlier SONY sent out the wrong photos to the press much to Kinnamans distress and here we can see the result of this major mess up.

After realising the error SONY then made some quick photoshop alterations and added Kinnamans mouth to the pictures for future use on facebook etc. However the new version lacks any polish such as correct shadows and looks overall very fake. It's also still the stuntman in the actual suit.

Thanks to Saasouza and his good eyes for this revelation.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Zentron
:

<font color=0f1637>:<font color=C0D9D9>

Comment: Your move creep!!

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:33 am Reply with quote

Heh, I can see what they have done, it's not a very good job at all.... total of 2 min per pic! At best!!

RB 2548

game-xbox dvd-rvst klf-album1 RoboAnime ED-209-3D cola
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:38 am Reply with quote

Shit.. This is atrocious and ignorant.. about one of the clearest cases of 'ah, fuck it' I've ever seen.

Of course I never took a close look at these pictures prior, myself - Didn't have to come to my thought they did expectation management and press for this film about as well as a jackhammer can do spinal surgery, but realizing these details.. Damn man. This isn't only an affront to Kinnaman but also to the film as a whole.

What a bunch of apathetic dickwads to even let anything like this take place at all. I agree with what Kinnaman said in his email - Not feeling any respect or care at all here. Hopefully the turds behind all of this got canned. You know the assholes behind this shit make gobs of money and they fuck up like this? BAH.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:55 am Reply with quote

In the words of attempted baby rapist and Lostprophets frontman Ian Watkins: "Megalolz".

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Saasouza
L-L1

L-L1

News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:22 pm Reply with quote

That's not all - More crazy shit was done with promo posters:

- First the terribly bad photoshopped mouth making him look like an alien

- Then the inverted gun - The barrel is facing backwards and he's holding the ammo clip ! (How horrendous is that?)

- Then the Auto-9 appearing in all promo shots - Auto 9 was featured in early script versions but not in the final version and never made it into the movie. They didn't even bothered with that.

Of course none of it can be compared with the stunt double thing but from the design perspective, these were another fuck up.

RB 943

ED-209-2013 remake-gun baby-food
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote

Saasouza :
- Then the inverted gun - The barrel is facing backwards and he's holding the ammo clip ! (How horrendous is that?)

Hahahaha! I didnīt notice that! Weird!

I did notice the mouth in that pic. It felt horrendous. And itīs weird, it took me a lot of time to see the "real mouth" on that pic. When I first saw that picture on magazines my mind worked on that zone and I saw it like a different and natural mouth. But when I paid attention, I saw those lips with a different perspective and proportions... Ug...

RB 10830

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:11 pm Reply with quote

Saasouza :

That is AMAZING. I never even noticed that. Mind blown again.

I've seen plenty of posters where people fire their guns with their finger not on the trigger but this is at a whole other level. The guy is actually aiming the gun at himself, holding the ammo clip. That is....wow.

+2000 Robobucks to Saasouza for this amazing discovery.

RB 347913

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Saasouza
L-L1

L-L1

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:42 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Saasouza :

That is AMAZING. I never even noticed that. Mind blown again.

I've seen plenty of posters where people fire their guns with their finger not on the trigger but this is at a whole other level. The guy is actually aiming the gun at himself, holding the ammo clip. That is....wow.

+2000 Robobucks to Saasouza for this amazing discovery.

Thanks ! I'll spend it wisely ! Not in the roullete thing Very Happy

RB 943

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:05 pm Reply with quote

Hmm, I too never noticed he was holding the gun backwards by the magazine and not the grip.. As I said, I never examined these images closely but now I wish I did.. cause, goddamn. oh dear

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Mindchamber
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:09 pm Reply with quote

hahha all these flubs are great

RB 8111

alloy-figure game-xbox360 Halo3-Helmet ED-209-3D transformers-icon1 Scratch Card
Robojeep
Sgt-L1

Sgt-L1

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:21 pm Reply with quote

I knew something was up the the gun but never thought there'd be such stupid people around that allow for the gun to be held THE WRONG WAY ROUND! Seriously how much do these people get paid to such epic fails.

The other thing i have noticed is that on the usa blu-ray cover of robocop where robo's head is on the left of the cover and ed-209 is top right, theres is 2 covers with 2 different mouths used. I think i 1st saw it on this website because some people even commented on which cover they preferred due to the mouth. I really feel sorry for joel as not only did he have to deal with people slating the suit he had to then deal with all the pics of HIM in the suit being possibly switched for the stuntman.

RB 475

RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:12 am Reply with quote

Man, this could turn into a great "Find the Reboot fuckups" game Very Happy

I too hadn't noticed the gun thing on the poster. As for the lazy photoshops - we all thought there was something wrong with those pictures and that they looked weird. Now we know Very Happy

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboHell
RoboPops!

DC-L5

Comment: Murphy had a wife and son....what happend to them?

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:32 pm Reply with quote

Laughing ....... Shocked ...... rage ........ Crying or Very sad

RB 106381

auto9 cobragun desert-eagle mac11 judge-dredd-lawgiver police-sig-sauer alien-pulse-rifle mac11-dual
Saasouza
L-L1

L-L1

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:40 pm Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
Man, this could turn into a great "Find the Reboot fuckups" game Very Happy

In fact, there's another one:

In the scene where Maddox show Murphy's weapons he calls the teaser gun "TSR-66" while in Omnicorp website it's called "NI-408" LOL

RB 943

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard