New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

New ROBOCOPS web series by Machinima
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Comment: Vegas Baby!!!

Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:54 pm Reply with quote

When they had contacted me it sounded like they already had the idea for where they were headed..Who knows now.I really intended on bringing what we know Robocop to be to the deal,But alas things changed..One thing for sure I can say I would've brought Robo!

RB 5648

robocop-figure4 ultra2 punisher-skull 6000SUX dredd1 dredd-gun
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:01 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
When they had contacted me it sounded like they already had the idea for where they were headed..Who knows now.I really intended on bringing what we know Robocop to be to the deal,But alas things changed..One thing for sure I can say I would've brought Robo!

You're my no.1 choice when I win the lottery and self-finance RoboCop 4. Sorry we'll be dubbing Peter Weller's voice over yours though, and CGIing his face on when the visor is off.

RB 2943

remake1 robocop-statue game-xbox
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:54 pm Reply with quote

Appreciate the vote of confidence,I actually do a pretty strong Weller I might add.Really bummed it didn't happen that way.I thnk one has to have enough respect for the character not to lampoon him and do goofy stuff.Humor has its place in Robo's world but shouldn't be the motive by which he works..

RB 5648

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:40 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
Suits fine the way it is..

vegasrobo :
See that's the problem,Everyone always thinks that's where to begin<upgrades and such,We've got that before I.E."ROBOCOP 3",It would be more interesting to explore continued public reaction to more and more exposure to Robocop units and how that would eventually effect human counterparts on the police force there would e lots of tension..Were talking more that one unit so human cops will get replaced that was the point all along.I had ideas but since they deemed it necessary to "change direction" I guess we'll never see that.

JimWantsAliens :
I think going forward, Murphy's suit should be pretty much unchanged from the Bottin suit. Other 'RoboCop's can look different maybe.

Archive :
That would be good. We could see all these other designed RoboCops, but instantly see THE RoboCop when he appears in his regular suit.

Despite being redundant and lazy, I will simply say I agree with all of this. I myself for a bit thought the original suit should be altered but I've long left that nutty village - At least in terms of the original. The original suit is indeed just fine. Perhaps indeed the point should about the 'new' RoboCops and how they ostensibly force the original into obsolescence and we are shown the proverbial 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' answer, and such. But whatever..

vegasrobo :
Appreciate the vote of confidence,I actually do a pretty strong Weller I might add.Really bummed it didn't happen that way.I thnk one has to have enough respect for the character not to lampoon him and do goofy stuff.Humor has its place in Robo's world but shouldn't be the motive by which he works..

I was gonna say I remember you squawkin' about how you did a good Weller. It is a damn shame they didn't go ahead with you. And I agree about the humor.

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:54 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :

Agreed. Neumeier said something along those lines. The world is which Robo lives is comical (and violent) but you have to take him seriously.

I don't want to drift too far off topic, but it's strange how technology changes. Around 2005, there was a lot of talk about whether Weller could don the suit again and I dismissed it as ridiculous then, as the idea of putting him in that outfit 18 years on seemed harsh. (How comfortable did you find yours to wear? Have you made any internal modifications?)

There were also talks around the time of TMNT 2007 that a new film would be totally CGI animated, which I also wasn't keen on at the time.

But post-Avatar, and now after the new Planet Of The Apes films, I would be open to a CGI Bottin suit. The technology exists that Weller's likeness could be motion-captured and Robo could appear as he does in the third act of the original movie without hours of prosthetic make-up.

RB 2943

JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:00 pm Reply with quote

JimWantsAliens :
I don't want to drift too far off topic, but...

Sorry, I drifted well off topic.

RB 2943

Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Filthy Rich Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:15 pm Reply with quote

Ah fuck it, seems we don't have much about the topic itself and what we do have doesn't sound too promising. Hopefully the case might be better than that, but well, again, whatever..

RB 52679

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:16 pm Reply with quote

Would have been sweet seeing vegas do the ol' chap a solid, and play him right. But ehhhh. Honestly doesn't sound too great to me. I'm normally not negative Nancy, but I don't like the idea of RoboCop(S) either. Amazing how such a simple story and character can get so royally screwed up every single god damn time.

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:30 am Reply with quote

As much as I would love to see the original suit back up on the screen in new action and adventure, I'm not too sure...

Maybe PD has ruined it's TV outings for me...

Also Burke, Eden and midget just don't have the same gravitas as Weller to fully satisfy the original suit screen appearance. So can another actor actually pull it off? I'm not a fan of CGI so don't want to go down the route of CGId Weller.

The original suit is a product of brilliance that remains with everything else in R1, that is why we watch it over and over and over so maybe just leave it there. Id rather cinemas just play original movies from time to time.

Part of me would also like to see the silver suit from R2014 have another go and get more screen time as it is more sleek and quicker...

I think that a new series, if following on from R1, should acknowledge the original suit (a bit like the OCP statues in R2) but then show they have refined it to a sleek and faster unit of R2014...

Anyway, it's pretty quiet from Machinima. When do you reckon we will hear anything further?

RB 4892

Ed-260
vegasrobo
RoboGod and Shit

DC-L3

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:16 pm Reply with quote

Burke was a fine Robocop..I wouldn't expect much from this.

RB 5648

ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:18 pm Reply with quote

There´s a release date for it? Things are moving slowly with this.

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
JimWantsAliens
L-L1*

L-L1*

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:45 pm Reply with quote

vegasrobo :
Burke was a fine Robocop..I wouldn't expect much from this.

I agree Vegas. Obviously, when I was 13 and learnt Weller wouldn't be returning, I was gutted. But in hindsight, of the many things that suck about RoboCop 3, Burke isn't one of them.

RB 2943

RoboConsultant
R-L2

R-L2

Comment: Tyger Tyger

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:02 am Reply with quote

Any more news on this? It's been very quiet for a while now. What we've heard so far hasn't been encouraging, but I'm interested to see how this turns out.

RB 41

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:36 pm Reply with quote

We are moving closer to one year after this being announced and nothing new whatsoever.
Seeing as this was supposed to be a low budget, made for the internet, kind of deal, I was really expecting a shorter production time.

Is it possible that the whole project's been scrapped?

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Front Page - Featured Topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard