New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

A Female Robocop?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Is Robocop an exclusively MALE character?
Yes, he's one bad dude!
68%
 68%  [ 11 ]
No, sir! Pass the mantle to a leading lady.
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 16

Robocop_Unit_1983
C-L2

C-L2

Troop Commander

Comment: I'm having...trouble...

Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:48 pm Reply with quote

Female Robocop wouldn't work, regardless of anything, Stan's words are sound logic which cannot be challenged. Robocop's voice commands respect without demanding it.

RB 2850

award ED-209 hamburger
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:41 am Reply with quote

Be interesting.
Make a generic sexless robot that anyone can be put into.

Though I have always wondered what it would be like to put someone in who was already physically challenged in some way? This was hinted at in R2014.
Though end of the day Robocop is Robocop because of the character Murphy which was perfectly created in R1.

And Verheoven was inspired by:
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Q0NzALRJifI/maxresdefault.jpg

RB 4892

Ed-260
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:59 pm Reply with quote

There are many movies from the past that touched on these ideas: Android, Westworld are a few that come to mind. The movie couldn't just be a female in Robocop armor, like some cyborg inspired Bride of Frankenstein, it has to have purpose, and be a logical progression, just as Robocop was. However, I agree with others, it would not likely work, although I just saw a movie that seemed to be going in this direction. Any happen to catch Ex Machina?

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:59 pm Reply with quote

A logical explanation could be trying to make a Robocop more approachable and friendly looking, a more politically correct agent of order and authority. The sarcasm would be making her as brutal and violent as the original Robo when action is needed, becoming a symbol of woman empowerment.

She could even be created by a committee of feminists, kind of R2 irony with a Dr Faxx very invested in the project.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:24 pm Reply with quote

I think Dr. Faxx would have made an excellent cyborg. Perhaps she could lead a band of roughneck mercenaries and try to take of Delta City. Robocop attempts to squelch their rebellion only to find out that they are all cybernetically enhanced!

RB 1747

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:35 pm Reply with quote

Seeing how dead the franchise is, I now think it could have been an interesting take, difficult to make it work without feeling cringeworthy, but it also had the potential to defy expectations and surprise everyone.

Interesting fact, in IMDB less than 10% of votes for 1987 film are from women.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
RoboLewis
O-L2

O-L2

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:08 am Reply with quote

When I saw the first film as a kid and watching Lewis get shot up by Clarence, I thought she was going to get turned into a machine like Murphy. Especially when he says, “They’ll fix you.. They fix everything!” Her injuries weren’t as severe as Murphy’s and I thought she would be like a Bionic Woman or the T-X in Terminator 3. But of course in the second film we see that didn’t happen and she recovered. I’ve often wondered if Lewis had been the one to get blown away at the beginning of the movie, would Bob Morton and his team still use her to make Robocop or decide to use a male candidate instead?

RB 1156

Robomania
R-L3

R-L3

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:32 pm Reply with quote

Can there be a female cyborg? sure. Would I like Robocop himself be replaced and become someone else? straight up no for me, he wouldn't be the same character I have liked all these years. Same goes for too many changes to visual design, though that is straying from the question being asked. When they talked about spending money on an awesome suit in the first movie, they sure got an awesome suit.

RB 166

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> General Robo Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard