New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

TMNT 2016
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Comment: EMU 209 // We have the future Down Under control...

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:23 am Reply with quote

So... anyone looking forward to this?

I love the turtles, but not the 2014 remake.

Interesting to see Bepob, Rocksteady and maybe Krang. At least they won't need to make nostrils or give clothes to B & R!!

CREDITS 746

Ed-260
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:01 pm Reply with quote

I think we've talked about it in a couple of topics. Also, it should be TMNT 2016, shouldn't it?

I liked TMNT 2014 better than most people and from what I've seen so far of the sequel it looks like they're aiming for: fixing past mistakes, fan-service, recognizing the legacy.

Hopefully, it will be better than the 2014 movie.

CREDITS 2802

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:28 pm Reply with quote

RoboFan_93 :
I think we've talked about it in a couple of topics. Also, it should be TMNT 2016, shouldn't it?

Lol yes oops opps

Can I change it?

CREDITS 746

Ed-260
RoboJOF
Sgt-L4

Sgt-L4

Comment: Bitches, leave!

Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:03 am Reply with quote

I liked the 2014 movie. it was enjoyable for a turtles fan, but the vision for some of the characters was a bit over the top. If you harken back to the original comic book, the turtles were just ninjas that were avenging their family against an evil warlord and the Shredder was just a ninja of high rank in a battle suit. They fought it out and the story ended. The stories that involved Krang, Dimension X and some of the other scifi characters were separate and the Shredder didn't start comingling with them until the cartoon series. I think that the original turtles movie captures that story pretty well, but I would pay to see a remake of that.
Because of the success of the cartoon, the turtles have become part of this scifi universe of characters, mutants and aliens, which works for a cartoon or comic, but not as well on the silver screen. Even the silly fun-loving aspects of the turtles personality was borrowed from the cartoon. The comics were much more serious (the current ones are too).
I guess it depends on the way you want to present it. The turtles movies are always going to be mild (unlike the original stories) because they are being produced for a younger audience. The wild characters and special effects are the eye candy that have made them famous, but I like the idea of the Japanese samurai/ninja elements of the movies (although Turtles 3 is not good).
Maybe if they found a happy medium, the movie would work for all the audiences, or perhaps the 2014 remake was exactly that.
I will still go see it, as a long-time fan, but I am expecting it to build off the momentum of the last movie and the current cartoon series.

CREDITS 35

transformers-mega Voltron sprite-robocop1 arcade1-robocop magnavolt metroid-figure2
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:49 pm Reply with quote

So the first trailer is out... and it pretty much looks like a guilty pleasure. I'm not complaining. It seems to try to rectify some past mistakes, have some Bay-ish action and some jokes. So far so good. Certainly blows away the Batman v Superman trailer Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeaugHGd1Kw

We see the Turtles' new outfits (Donnie has a SNES controller Very Happy), the new villains and a possible alien invasion (Utroms? Triceratons? Dimension X?)

The new Foot Clan looks much better! And I also hope we'll get to see the new Shredder in a full armor.

CREDITS 2802

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:54 pm Reply with quote

A TV Spot with an epic character reveal hit the internet today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irYr0lsq258

I'm starting to like this more and more. It might turn out to be super dumb, but it atleast it looks fun!

CREDITS 2802

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:10 am Reply with quote

The Superbowl trailer was a love/hate relationship for me.

When I first watched it I thought yeah this is going to be fun and enjoyable and a huge improvement over first one (which doesn't take much really!).

Though Krang looked too cartoony for me - I kind of wished they went for that four armed android body look that was concept art for the first movie - just to be different, a bit darker and other wordly. Still don't know whether Krang is alone in the Technodrome - seems odd all that drome to one little brain!

Casey bugs me. As doesn't resemble what I think Casey should be. Too clean cut.

Mikey might be the star in all of this with the best lines. But Raph going splat with his tongue is just a no no.

CREDITS 746

Ed-260
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:47 am Reply with quote

I think they are just going extremely cartoonish with this one. Many fans seem to be really pleased by it, their dream was to see the cartoons they loved to be adapted, with Krang, bebop, rocksteady, etc.

But for me, going far away from the 1990 film is the wrong path, that was an excellent mix of comic, cartoon and film, not flawless but meritorious.

I despised the first 2014 movie although I kind of liked some of the choices they made for the turtles, I think the faces were OK, and the personalities, a bit too much of clothes and accessories (Donatello was completely ruined) and definitely too muscled and big to be ninjas. They haven't really changed any of this for the sequel, plus it's just gonna be extremely cartoonish and sci-fi. I'm not looking forward to this tongue1

CREDITS 947

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Stan The Man
Bah Concepts Division

OCP4 - L1

Comment: I'm the guy in Old Archive.

Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Gun Crazy (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:49 pm Reply with quote

I'm with Edd, trailer was both hit and miss for me as well. Some things I thought looked cool but the rest, meh. Granted I'm no big fan anyway but this still overall looked kinda weak, and no better than the previous movie. More fun perhaps, but not really better. I oughta see more clips to make a better judgment, but my interest really hasn't been peaked much. :roll:

artu said it, '90 film was pretty kickass, nice blend and balance. Really should get closer to that, if not at least more of that kind of mix. But like RoboCop seems they just aren't able to bring that kind of pool of varying elements in films much anymore, can't figure out any balance.. bah.

CREDITS 2304

AirWolf OCP-stock ED-209-3D auto9 cobragun robocop3-gunarm alien-pulse-rifle Gun-T2 Mini Gun
Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:41 pm Reply with quote

Stan The Man :

artu said it, '90 film was pretty kickass, nice blend and balance. Really should get closer to that, if not at least more of that kind of mix. But like RoboCop seems they just aren't able to bring that kind of pool of varying elements in films much anymore, can't figure out any balance.. bah.

Definitely - original tmnt and robo are the epitomes of what the films should be. Original Tmnt was what it was - brought the cartoon to life for me with great costumes acting and emotion. Now we get over design, and Megan fox one expression,. One of my favorite scenes from the original movie was the splinter and Raph chat over candlelight - the father\son bonding displayed over what I consider really good cinematography really brought the emotional aspect out of the characters. The new movies are no where near this.

So as Stan says, I say 'Bah' to the new films! Haha Crying or Very sad

CREDITS 746

Ed-260
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:03 pm Reply with quote

Oh, there's no denying the awesomeness of the original 1990 movie. It just NAILS the mix of comics and cartoons so perfectly! And it's aged really really well. There are so many little touches in there. There's even emotion, like it was already pointed out by Edd. One of my favourites, for example, is when Donnie asks Mike if he ever wondered what it'd be like when Splinter wasn't around anymore and Mikey just dismisses it and carries on talking about the pizza delivery. I always looked on it upon not so much as showing Mikey's obsession with pizza, but the fact that he doesn't even want to think that one day his dad won't be there.

This looks like a popcorn flick and nothing else. I don't expect to love it, but atleast so far, it's not making me scream "Stop ruining the Ninja Turtles!".

CREDITS 2802

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:27 am Reply with quote

Did you see the Triceraton tease\easter egg in Mikey's character poster?

CREDITS 746

Ed-260
RoboFan_93

OCP1 - L1

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:10 am Reply with quote

Just saw the posters themselves. Pretty neat touch! Also signifies his love for Orange Crush from the previous movie.
The Leonardo one seems the best though, probably due to his overall design. I thought out of the 4 brothers, he looked the best in the previous flick and it seems to be the same here.

CREDITS 2802

Edd 209
C-L1

C-L1

News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:16 pm Reply with quote

Yep definitely agree Leo one looks best. I think his 'redesign" is the best removing the floating shoulder pads and chest protection thingy. Though not sure about the blue tassles on his katanas though! I'm not sure they even feature in the trailer?

CREDITS 746

Ed-260
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> Movies and TV All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard