New user registration is currently closed         PMLog in for PM  Log inLog in 

The Fate of Catzo - A RoboCop2 Mystery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:59 pm Reply with quote

F*cking awesome !

RB 1199

game-xbox
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:06 pm Reply with quote

Thatīs nice! Great to know new things after +20 years. And too bad Keshner was an asshole. If he was ill and wasnīt "too happy" working on that film, he could pass and Davison would take another director for the film (Dekker, perhaps? tongue)

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:14 am Reply with quote

This is terrific stuff, one of the things finally set straight. Im guessing the nuke bath mustve been rejected by Kershner sometime during filming if it still made the arcade game. Seems like everyone was under a lot of stress during the course of filming of R2, all in all, imo, Kershner created something beautfully bizarre and weird with a very unique feel/atmosphere

Thanks Archive, great stuff

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
RoboDemise
What's all this then?

DC-L1

Comment: I come from hell

Great Topic  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:57 am Reply with quote

My best guess would be that he grabbed Elvis' corpse and ran off to be alone with it for a very long time. I mean years.

Archive this is great and I really appreciate the effort you put into it and is just plain awesome.

RB 9924

robo-scraped AClockworkOrange Stern-Sirius prototype-figure2
RoboPimp
PIMPY SUPREME

CH-L1

Comment: "You dead wrong if ya think that pimpin' gon' die" - Snoop Dogg, P.I.M.P. (Remix)

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:18 am Reply with quote

KidGoesWild :
Kershner created something beautfully bizarre and weird with a very unique feel/atmosphere

Just imagine how much better it would have been if someone who actually gave a shit made it!

RB 1658

robocop-helmet robopimp-helmet
Rick
CH-L4

CH-L4

Comment: I'm The No. 2 Guy Around Here

Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Contest Winner Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:18 am Reply with quote

Excellent, a great read. It just makes me want to see a special edition of RoboCop 2 even more now with the extra scenes re-added, or at least a video showing all the deleted scenes.

Well done Archive for securing the interview and many thanks to Michael for giving his time to let us know a little bit about the behind the scenes process that not many people know/think about when it comes to their favourite movies.

I wonder who else could be contacted from Robo 2 and 3 to talk about their experiences and talk about extra scenes etc.?

RB 18145

Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:55 am Reply with quote

Paddy :
I wonder who else could be contacted from Robo 2 and 3 to talk about their experiences and talk about extra scenes etc.?

With Robo2 it's a short list unfortunately. Nancy Allen doesn't want to talk about Robo2 anymore. She had a bad experience with it.
Peter Weller is not likely to do that either. If we could even contact him. He's "not an internet guy".

Irvin Kershner, and Robert DoQui are dead. Frank Miller is hard to contact, and I doubt he'd have any interest in talking RoboCop at this point. Tom Noonan isn't likely wanting to talk RoboCop either.

Maybe Jon Davison and possible Jill Hennessy?

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
KidGoesWild
L-L3

L-L3

Comment: I type it, you think it

Great Posts  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 3/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:46 pm Reply with quote

RoboPimp :
KidGoesWild :
Kershner created something beautfully bizarre and weird with a very unique feel/atmosphere

Just imagine how much better it would have been if someone who actually gave a shit made it!

Not really,not for me at least. The feel and style of the movie comes from the director. I dont really care if he liked it or hated it, i personally enjoy the hell out of the movie and always did, love the surreal tone and style of the film, its visuals and score that goes perfectly with it.

RB 525

dvd-robocop2 prototype-figure2 prototype-figure1
ChAnOoD
DC-L4

DC-L4

Great Robofan Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Work Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:52 pm Reply with quote

Archive :
Maybe Jon Davison and possible Jill Hennessy?

Jon Davison could be great, as he could share some behind the scenes about the whole trilogy.

RoboPimp :
KidGoesWild :

Laughing

RB 11786

batman-figure robocop-figure4 sgt-reed dredd1 robocop-helmet auto9 ultra5 AirWolf
NukeLord
L-L2

L-L2

Comment: White Noise, Black Thunder, Blue Velvet or Red Ramrod?

Great Posts  Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:06 am Reply with quote

Hehe so glad that riddle was answered! Smile

Felton Perry is on Facebook. Considering he was a prominent supporting character in all three films - I'm sure he would have tons of stories. You never hear of interviews with him.

RB 3079

nuke-red-ramrod nuke-blue-velvet magnavolt hamburger
RoboFan_93
Would Buy You For a Dollar

OCP1 - L1

Comment: Scumbags see the judge on Monday morning

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) News Topic Level 3/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:38 am Reply with quote

That was amazing! I don't know any other admin who'd go above and beyond for something seemingly so simple! Thanks for doing that, Archive.

The interview was neat, but even better was that shot of the knife fight. So they did actually film it, huh... In that case, I'd probably have my "Catzo canon" by having him fight Lewis and it ends up with him taking a Nuke bath instead of being stabbed. Just seems more fitting.

RB 12622

Batman89 MMPR game-nes1 game-nes2 game-nes3 Metroid-Samus robocop3-flightpack TMNT
HOB888
O-L5

O-L5

News Topic Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:56 pm Reply with quote

It's good because my only complaint with R2 was the lack of Lewis moments, I wish I could watch this scene.

RB 1199

game-xbox
artuditu
mio Cid

C-L3

Comment: Stay out of trouble!

Public Trust - Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Robofan Level 1/3 (Amount: 1) Great Topic  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) Great Posts  Level 2/3 (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:49 pm Reply with quote

The picture is really cool Smile

Although now I'm unsure if we already saw it and commented here before (obviously not with this level of detail and attention), did you find it for this occasion or was it already in the old image archive?

Anyway, I understand it was cut out, we can discuss if a knife duel with Lewis fits her character or a Robocop movie at all, but in any case if we look at how the whole police raid flows and is edited, I think they realized it just harmed the pace of the whole sequence, a sequence that works in crescendo, lot of shootings (with NO music at all) until the armored vans are ready to go and Robo encounters Cain (music starts). A duel with knifes just in the middle? The whole sequence would need a complete rework of structure and pace to fit that in.

Yet we all can feel how the screenplay tries to give some good action moments to Lewis, she has in fact more badass moments in R2 than in R1. She is just one more scene away from being really cool, and this was the one, and that is why I like more the comic adaptation, she looks still tough, no choreography, she says the "Detroit" line, I wish they had filmed it that way. It would fit very well after Fank Miller's chemist blows up the lab, with all the fire from the explosion, Lewis lying on the ground.

RB 6857

spawn-figure alien-warrior starwars-trooper prototype-figure1 starshiptroopers robo-scraped knightrider-kitt
Archive

<font color=102457>.<font color=C0D9D9>

OCP Rank (Amount: 1) Public Trust - Level 2/3 (Amount: 1) RoboCop2 fan (Amount: 1)
Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:06 pm Reply with quote

artuditu :
Although now I'm unsure if we already saw it and commented here before (obviously not with this level of detail and attention), did you find it for this occasion or was it already in the old image archive?

The picture was sent to me by "Catzo" along with the text. So it is new.
Although I have a strange feeling I may have seen it somewhere before, years ago. Maybe in some presskit ebay auction or something like that.

RB 348130

auto9 watermelon comic1-robocop arcade1-robocop hamburger sunblock5000 robocop-figure2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RoboCop Archive Forum Index -> The Big Robo topics All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Download Topic

Jump to:  

The RoboCop Archive Messageboard